Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peterborough (H)

captainmed

29 minutes ago, desperado said:

I was thinking that - but then I considered who for. Thomason was the best of the 3 last week and since Wigan has added a bit of steel to midfield, so it shouldn’t be him.

While Dempsey and Sheehan were poor last week, Dempsey, at his best, is just too influential and he claims his back is getting better which probably restricted him last week.

That leaves Sheehan. He’s our most technically gifted player (heard George Johnstone say that this week and I agree) and at his best links play together beautifully and breaks things up. But he does go missing every now and then. 

Tough call between Sheehan and Morley for me. Sheehan just I think today. But won’t be disappointed if I see Morley in the starting 11 - his goal threat from midfield more than anything adds weight to his selection.

In a game preceded with injury talk it’s a nice dilemma for Evatt to have. 

GT suits certain games he also gives away silly fouls and cards

for me it would be Morley for GT

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Greg_BWFC said:

One was in the league Cup so maybe that doesn't count against league games ?

Been searching for confirmation but can’t find anything. But you might be right as best I can find on sky stats is he’s had 6 yellows, but doesn’t break down which games. 

26 minutes ago, desperado said:

Been searching for confirmation but can’t find anything. But you might be right as best I can find on sky stats is he’s had 6 yellows, but doesn’t break down which games. 

I just had a look at BBC match reports.

As @Cheese has said, cup games are treated differently. 

Think we still need to plan on him missing time every couple of months 😄

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Greg_BWFC said:

Excellent news 👍

30 minutes ago, desperado said:

He got 2 in the League Cup. 1 against Barrow, and 1 against Boro.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Cheese said:

He got 2 in the League Cup. 1 against Barrow, and 1 against Boro.

Cheers

I wonder whether Evatt will air on the side of caution and rest him today for Morley? Not his usual style, but with the mounting injury list, throwing in suspensions might make him his re-consider midfield options. 

Edited by desperado

I'd say the choice is between Sheehan & Morley who largely play the same role & though Sheehan can get sidelined, i'd have him well ahead of Morley on this season's form.

Having lost MJ & Lee, we are short of numbers in midfield & with Paris injured, Dempsey carrying an injury & Thommo close to a suspension, we could have a problem coming up.....we might have to test my theory that Ndululu is a midfield player , not a striker ( I know ) or play the B team bloke ( Khumbeni ? ) who has been on the bench but IE clearly doesn't think is ready or he'd have played in the mickey mouse games.

42 minutes ago, desperado said:

Cheers

I wonder whether Evatt will air on the side of caution and rest him today for Morley? Not his usual style, but with the mounting injury list, throwing in suspensions might make him his re-consider midfield options. 

He’ll get it whenever he plays next, because he’s too slow to not get booked every game he plays - so you either don’t play him until cards get wiped or accept he’ll have a one game ban soon (and probably a 2 game ban before cards are wiped).

Morley, Sheehan, Dempsey for me all day - especially at home.

I don't think this game is going to be a physical battle with Posh's young side so if ever there was a game to leave George on the bench, this is it IMO.

Posh will come to play football with Randall pulling the strings so we'll need to be sharp and focused. It will be interesting to see if our forwards can get any joy today - they have the excellent Ronnie Edwards in defence who is a great prospect for the future and clearly a Championship+ standard player already.

I'm expecting a reaction to last week's fiasco from our lads so anything less than a win will be a disappointment.