Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peterborough (H)

captainmed

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Just the 33 League games.

As I said, barely played at the end, and many of his appearances were as a sub. Not sure what point you're trying to make, as the fact still remains, that main midfielders this season played most of last.

Injuries aside, the two new lads I would expect to contribute more minutes eventually than Lee did.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Rizlar said:

Our midfield is weak and short on players Dempsey is playing with an injury says it all , IE as messed up by not recruiting an experienced midfielder. 

Who was available with sufficient experience and within our budget?

Our midfield is poor and we’re obvs missing Traff & Bradley. 

We’re crying out for a midfield bastard. 

The team is weaker than last season IMO but so is the league. 

We’ll get in the play-offs but I was hoping for top 2 and I really can’t see it. 

Edited by captainmed

1 minute ago, captainmed said:

Our midfield is weak and we’re obvs missing Traff & Bradley. 

The team is weaker than last season IMO but so is the league. 

We’ll get in the play-offs but I was hoping for top 2 and I really can’t see it. 

Jesus if we can’t get play offs this season then there’s a big problem 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Zog1 said:

Tried to give people a reality check in preseason but they didn't want to listen.

Reality is; we're 8 games into a 46 game season, sitting 5 pts off top with a game in hand. Some of you lot are proper drama queens.

It's a long old season in L1, the stop start nature of the first half doesn't help, along with us having so many out at minute, including two new lads. I'm not seeing much evidence yet of our summer outs and ins and our pre season work adding up to improvement on where and how we ended last season but, to be fair, it may not be worth forming any big judgements till we're getting towards Xmas, with about 20 games done. That'll give us a strong sense of what's going to be needed in Jan window and how badly. Easy to get on a big roll from Feb to the end, as we've seen before. 

30 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Reality is; we're 8 games into a 46 game season, sitting 5 pts off top with a game in hand. Some of you lot are proper drama queens.

Aye theres a hell of a long way to go.

Nothing wrong in suggesting where our weak points are.

We were always going to be weaker without Bradley and Lee (before his legs went)

Anyone that says Declan John is better than Williams is talking shite btw. Plus hes a massive cunt with a chip on his shoulder.

Need CMG and Mags to crack on when theyre back. 

• Site Supporter

Some people need to accept you're not going to get many - if any - decent all-rounders at this level. For all the stick Iredale has got over a couple of mistakes, he dinged some absolute pin-point diagonals to JDC on Saturday. Same goes for Thomason. And Randell made plenty of defensive contributions, but all the focus goes on the times he slips up. Every player at this level has mistakes in them. It's the nature of where we are. Don't know what planet people are living on sometimes - particularly with the level of vitriol some aim at players in white shirts, telling them to fuck off and calling them "useless cunts" etc. As though that's going to help matters. Thick as fuck.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

The budget thing is bollocks Portsmouth & Oxford have recruited well and haven’t spent what we have

like I’ve said many times IE wants a certain type and perhaps he needs to go basics to get out of this league

Which Portsmouth/Oxford signings should we have gone for?

6 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Couldn’t tell you any

the point is they’ve recruited and so far it’s working so there are players out and about 

Like I’ve said many times look at the teams who’ve left this league you need to keep things simple at times

Id give my left bollock for a Barry Bannan