Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dentist Rip Off.

leigh white

8 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Must have been in all of 5 mins for a check up, yeah everything is OK, come back in 6 months and pay your £ 25-80 at the counter on your way out.

You pay for their expertise. Even if they do nothing.

I went to a garage last week for what I thought was a big and very expensive job. Turned out it was neither. But it cost me £60 for a 5 minute fix.

24 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Must have been in all of 5 mins for a check up, yeah everything is OK, come back in 6 months and pay your £ 25-80 at the counter on your way out.

NHS I assume? Same with me. Whenever I go, I’m one of the few who actually pay. My wife goes private, she  pays a lot more. I could go private myself if it wasn’t for my principles. I’m a complicated sort of guy.😊

• Site Supporter

A giant engine in a factory failed. The factory owner and his team had spoken to several engineers but none of them could show them how they could solve the irritating problem.

Then someone recommended an old man who had been fixing engines for many years. 

After inspecting the huge engine for a few minutes, the old man pulled a hammer out of his tool bag and gently tapped on a specific spot in the engine.

Immediately the engine sprung back into life. He carefully put his hammer away. The engine was fixed.

A week later the owner of the business received an invoice from the old man for the amount of $10,000.

“This is a rip off.” the owner exclaimed.

“What did he do that should cost so much?” he continued. “He hardly did anything!”

He immediately wrote the old man a note and asked him for a breakdown of his unacceptable bill.

The old man sent an itemized bill that read:

Tapping with a hammer: …... $2.

Knowing where to tap: …... $9,998.

1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

NHS I assume? Same with me. Whenever I go, I’m one of the few who actually pay. My wife goes private, she  pays a lot more. I could go private myself if it wasn’t for my principles. I’m a complicated sort of guy.😊

This! Every time I’m in there there’s always at least 3 or 4 who come in whilst I’m waiting. When asked do they pay it’s always no .

I was with a local dentist on the NHS for over thirty years. New guy took over the practice. I've recently retired, time on my hands, so I popped into the dentist to ask why I hadn't had a check up reminder for some time. The lying bastard receptionist said that I hadn't responded to their reminders for two years and they had removed me from their list. I asked her to reinstate me on the list and she refused. I asked her to show me proof of the missed reminders (texts) and she was unwilling (or unable) to do so. I haven't missed a reminder - ever. They are lying thieving twats.

Needless to say, it's easier to buy a pink unicorn in Northamptonshire than it is get onto another dentist's NHS list. I'll have to go private when required, but it won't be with these tossers. I wouldn't give them the steam off my shit. You can probably tell that I'm a bit miffed.

Bastards.

16 minutes ago, Zulu said:

I was with a local dentist on the NHS for over thirty years. New guy took over the practice. I've recently retired, time on my hands, so I popped into the dentist to ask why I hadn't had a check up reminder for some time. The lying bastard receptionist said that I hadn't responded to their reminders for two years and they had removed me from their list. I asked her to reinstate me on the list and she refused. I asked her to show me proof of the missed reminders (texts) and she was unwilling (or unable) to do so. I haven't missed a reminder - ever. They are lying thieving twats.

Needless to say, it's easier to buy a pink unicorn in Northamptonshire than it is get onto another dentist's NHS list. I'll have to go private when required, but it won't be with these tossers. I wouldn't give them the steam off my shit. You can probably tell that I'm a bit miffed.

Bastards.

Seeng that dental check ups are usually every six months did you not wonder why you hadn’t heard from them?

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Bastards.

Bloody Labour party

1 minute ago, freds dad said:

Seeng that dental check ups are usually every six months did you not wonder why you hadn’t heard from them?

Every twelve months at this practice, unless your teeth or gums are falling out of your head. I was too busy working, to be honest. Never spotted it. I just used to respond to their reminders by booking an appointment.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Bloody Labour party

Hi Ginge. As far as I can see the spat between the government and dentists re NHS patient remuneration has been rumbling on under both Conservative and Labour administrations for many years. I wasn't trying to make a political point. Just an observation that this particular dentist is a lying bastard.

I'll leave making the political points to you, love. 👍

• Site Supporter
Just now, Zulu said:

Hi Ginge. As far as I can see the spat between the government and dentists re NHS patient remuneration has been rumbling on under both Conservative and Labour administrations for many years. I wasn't trying to make a political point. Just an observation that this particular dentist is a lying bastard.

I'll leave making the political points to you, love. 👍

Cheers

Probably wise

x

2 hours ago, Zulu said:

Every twelve months at this practice, unless your teeth or gums are falling out of your head. I was too busy working, to be honest. Never spotted it. I just used to respond to their reminders by booking an appointment.

Same as mine, but they no longer send me any reminders. Just tell me make an appointment in 12 months. So I put a reminder in my phone.

I'm private. The dentist is good but he's a feckin salesman! Last time I went he said my teeth were grinding in my sleep. They haven't changed in over 5 years. Been going to him for 3 years!

Just made a check-up appointment - gone up from £39 to £49 in 12 months, robbing cunt....

11 minutes ago, royal white said:

Why do you have to pay for NHS Dentists?  

You just need to pay for treatment.  You don't have to pay to be a member of their practice like you do with private dentists.

Also, any treatment done by NHS dentists is a fixed price.  Private can charge what they want.

Edited by DazBob

8 minutes ago, DazBob said:

You just need to pay for treatment.  You don't have to pay to be a member of their practice like you do with private dentists.

Also, any treatment done by NHS dentists is a fixed price.  Private can charge what they want.

I should have worded it better. I mean why do you have to pay for treatment at the Dentists yet hospital/Dr treatments are free

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Zulu said:

Bastards.

Fucking fraudulent bastards.

Want locking up.

The folk who took over the practice I go to haven't moved away from the nhs fortunately, but they try to get you down for a hygienist visit/whitening bollocks.

Perhaps the thin end of the wedge, dunno.