Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hs2 re-visited

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

All about the sweaty socks innit.

They need a big shift to Labour just to fuck the tory cunts off proper.

I'm not sure about a labour landslide

it could well be a split between labour, snp and lib dems

i just expect tories to be fucked off by pretty much everyone who voted for them last time for the brexit vote, and a fair few current tory seats to go lib dem

that's what will happen round my way I reckon

stockport has 4 MPs, two labour, two tory

the tory ones are almost certainly going to lib dem, the labour ones will be still be labour

the list of things I will do to my arse publicly if this doesn't happen is endless, I'm up for anything

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Zico said:

I'm not sure about a labour landslide

it could well be a split between labour, snp and lib dems

i just expect tories to be fucked off by pretty much everyone who voted for them last time for the brexit vote, and a fair few current tory seats to go lib dem

that's what will happen round my way I reckon

stockport has 4 MPs, two labour, two tory

the tory ones are almost certainly going to lib dem, the labour ones will be still be labour

the list of things I will do to my arse publicly if this doesn't happen is endless, I'm up for anything

It’s the Covid talking

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

They need a big shift to Labour just to fuck the tory cunts off proper.

There's no chance that Labour will win in the southern rural counties in a general election, but every chance the Lib Dems could if Labour don't put up a candidate. Those two parties should be talking to each other about a pact in which they agree to a coalition and decide which constituencies they should not put a candidate up in to get the best chance of gaining overall control - and those conversations should include which policies they agree on and which would be open to a free vote - they need to be talking now because finding a mutually acceptable consensus take time.

It's not ideal but at least both parties share a lot of common ground on social issues and it's better than splitting the vote.

Back in 2015 the government secured £78.5 million EU funding for the ground investigations of the London to West Midlands leg of HS2 as part of the EU's "Connecting Europe" programme and then were allocated up to £22 BILLION from the EU Infrastructure programme (which the Government could spend on any infrastructure programme not just HS2)

It was at this stage that the original bids for construction were received and agreed.

A year later, we pulled out of the EU so lost this EU funding which meant a massive funding gap that successive Tory governments have struggled to fill - but they have known about this issue for years whilst pretending nothing was wrong in the hope people wouldn't notice.

Only now have they admitted defeat - when in fact they were defeated back in 2016.

9 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Back in 2015 the government secured £78.5 million EU funding for the ground investigations of the London to West Midlands leg of HS2 as part of the EU's "Connecting Europe" programme and then were allocated up to £22 BILLION from the EU Infrastructure programme (which the Government could spend on any infrastructure programme not just HS2)

It was at this stage that the original bids for construction were received and agreed.

A year later, we pulled out of the EU so lost this EU funding which meant a massive funding gap that successive Tory governments have struggled to fill - but they have known about this issue for years whilst pretending nothing was wrong in the hope people wouldn't notice.

Only now have they admitted defeat - when in fact they were defeated back in 2016.

They all lie

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Brexit bonus

Thats OUR money 

2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Are you not getting your euros and pounds, millions and billions mixed up? Happy to be proved wrong. Links are always good for info like this.

edit. The first figure you gave should have been €78 million and we got 50% from the EU. €39 million.

£22 billion would have been half the cost at that time.

Edited by BobyBrno

23 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

A bit random. Do you live in Bristol? 
Who’s Louise Haigh?

Random? Not really, just highlighting the absolute amateurish shitshow of it all.

Here a few more then.  No I don’t line in Leeds, Sheffield, Bognor or Littlehampton. 

I’m not far from the airport though, so I feel it’s  just about valid to post this. 

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

Random? Not really, just highlighting the absolute amateurish shitshow of it all.

Here a few more then.  No I don’t line in Leeds, Sheffield, Bognor or Littlehampton. 

I’m not far from the airport though, so I feel it’s  just about valid to post this. 

This thread has now become just like the random social media thread. Posting stuff from TwittX. There is all sorts of shite out there on both sides of the political divide. Here’s  a reply to  your random post.

11 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

This thread has now become just like the random social media thread. Posting stuff from TwittX. There is all sorts of shite out there on both sides of the political divide. Here’s  a reply to  your random post.

Ah, some vague bollox instead.

Excellent. 

Are we getting an extra metro link line to the airport?