Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FA Cup 2023/24

gonzo

26 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I genuinely think this is one of the most bizarre and tin pot things I've ever seen. 

Sunderland rebranding their hospitality suite to Newcastle for their fa cup Derby game is absolutely mental. 

If we get through to the next round and draw United at home, I reckon Neil Hart does something similar

5 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

If we get through to the next round and draw United at home, I reckon Neil Hart does something similar

He's definitely got it on his vision board.

2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Absolutely ridiculous playing on a Thursday 

Its really taking the piss.  If this game was at the weekend, I'd probably be watching it if I was near a TV, but I'm doing my one man boycott because its a Thursday.  Imagine being a top flight club and being out of the cup 2 days before the 3rd round even starts.  Going to work on the Friday before the big 3rd round weekend and not even having a game to look forward to.  Friday night is bad enough, but Thursday, how are kids supposed to get invested in the magic of the cup?  And that's without taking away fans into account who probably need 2 days off work to go.

24 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its really taking the piss.  If this game was at the weekend, I'd probably be watching it if I was near a TV, but I'm doing my one man boycott because its a Thursday.  Imagine being a top flight club and being out of the cup 2 days before the 3rd round even starts.  Going to work on the Friday before the big 3rd round weekend and not even having a game to look forward to.  Friday night is bad enough, but Thursday, how are kids supposed to get invested in the magic of the cup?  And that's without taking away fans into account who probably need 2 days off work to go.

Consideration for fans went years ago all about the money and the tv picks are bollocks give some lower league clubs live games 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, stevieb said:

I genuinely think this is one of the most bizarre and tin pot things I've ever seen. 

Sunderland rebranding their hospitality suite to Newcastle for their fa cup Derby game is absolutely mental. 

I don't get how or why this happened 

Have Sunderland given a hospitality suite to Newcastle for the game? 

That would be bad enough, but why then stick banners up

The only thing I can assume is a Newcastle fan did it as a prank whilst redecorating the place or something 

• Moderators
Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm not sure if high studs are an automatic red card now

But there was never enough momentum to cause serious injury there

Presumably the suggestion is to not send him off is a clear and obvious error 

Which is why var being utilised as it currently is, is bollocks

1 hour ago, Zico said:

I don't get how or why this happened 

Have Sunderland given a hospitality suite to Newcastle for the game? 

That would be bad enough, but why then stick banners up

The only thing I can assume is a Newcastle fan did it as a prank whilst redecorating the place or something 

With the increased away allocation I guess that ruled out using the hospitality areas for home fans so that bit is fair enough, but the decoration thing is mental (and is being withdrawn, apparently) 

Winning the FA Cup over Promotion any season, not even a debate.

Although it's akin to asking "winning the lottery versus getting a promotion at work?" We'd all love the former (apart from Cheese for argument for argument's sake reason...) but the latter would be good and what we'll put our effort into

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

With the increased away allocation I guess that ruled out using the hospitality areas for home fans so that bit is fair enough, but the decoration thing is mental (and is being withdrawn, apparently) 

I just can't imagine how many people at Sunderland were involved in setting this up and not one of them spoke up to say "yeah this is a fucking stupid idea" 

Banners 

One of them said "cheer up Peter Reid" ffs

Apparently the hospitality tickets are setting back Newcastle fans £600 a pop

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Got a bit better once I posted they were a bit biz. 

Sure they said 4500 Everton fans had gone- impressive for a Thursday night.

Don’t think they went on general sale either. 

My lad works with a ST holder and it’s virtually impossible to get away tickets.

I remember coming back from Madrid with Bolton and Utd were playing @ Newcastle and we flew back into Edinburgh so they were on our train after their match had finished. 

I asked them how they get away tickets and they said they paid the old guys with massive loyalty points over the years a 50% premium to the ticket price.

Edited by captainmed

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Got a bit better once I posted they were a bit biz. 

Sure they said 4500 Everton fans had gone- impressive for a Thursday night.

It's not like they've got to get up for work tomorrow, though, is it?

On a positive note, burglaries, stabbings and shootings are well down on Merseyside tonight.

• Members
3 hours ago, gonzo said:

FA Cup all day long. Its a major honour ffs and complete fantasy land.

Promotions come and go especially with us.

Wigan won it and I barely shrug my shoulders

When they fucked it off to a half five kick off for TV rights and forgot about the fans then it can fuck off

• Members

Can't even believe Promotion Vs FA Cup Win is a debate.

Of course, for the club and its finances, promotion would be the chosen option.

... but why do we follow a team? Ultimately it's to see them win stuff isn't it?

We've all seen plenty of promotions in our time and, of course,  they are brilliant ... but how much more brillianter would it be to see us lift the FA Cup at Wembley, for the first time since Sir Nat raised that trophy.