Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FA Cup 2023/24

gonzo

On 04/12/2023 at 18:04, MickyD said:

Four of my former colleagues were sacked after a joke sent on WhatsApp was used against them. The joke used the N-word and they were sacked for not doing anything about the original sender. HR insisted they ought to have brought it to the attention of HR Dept.

In some industries or businesses I can imagine that, though I'd say without other context it would be extremely harsh.

Any previous, other behaviours, other warnings ? The guy sending it, these days, is asking for bother but still unfortunate if there's no deeper context. The 3 who received it & didn't go running to HR should, at worst be warned that this was inappropriate. 

Now, if they'd forwarded it on, especially with some extra input of their own, they were straying into murky waters.

All that said & done it still remains harsh. 

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

I worked with a bloke who got sacked for one word and it was 100% out of order (the sacking)

Just be very careful. If it wasn’t football related you don’t know anyone who got sacked for one word.

Apparently.

• Members
12 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

In some industries or businesses I can imagine that, though I'd say without other context it would be extremely harsh.

Any previous, other behaviours, other warnings ? The guy sending it, these days, is asking for bother but still unfortunate if there's no deeper context. The 3 who received it & didn't go running to HR should, at worst be warned that this was inappropriate. 

Now, if they'd forwarded it on, especially with some extra input of their own, they were straying into murky waters.

All that said & done it still remains harsh. 

It's not uncommon in police forces, the fire service, ambulance service, etc.

• Members
On 04/12/2023 at 20:49, MickyD said:

You didn’t mention “at a football match” in your question. 

I take it context isn't something you deal with 

I was replying to a message which specifically mentioned not saying a word at the game 

The same poster comments about Millwall in response

As they understand it's football related

53 minutes ago, L/H White said:

thurs - palace everton

fri - spurs burnley

sat - sunderland newcastle / boro villa

sun - arse liverpool

mon - united scum

who on earth has picked palace everton, spurs burnley and boro villa to be on TV, not interested in any of them in the slightest 

at least wrexham won't be on TV again 

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, mattbwfc19 said:

who on earth has picked palace everton, spurs burnley and boro villa to be on TV, not interested in any of them in the slightest 

at least wrexham won't be on TV again 

Folk will say the same irrespective of who is picked. Unless it's your own team of course. 

Boro game is obviously an upset possibility. 

I'll probably take in one or two.