Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FA Cup 2023/24

gonzo

17 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Looking at this draw I doubt ours will be a tv pick 

I think that has to be the understatement of all time 😀

At least anyone that's going to Carlisle on 4th round day make plans with confidence its going ahead.

Edited by Johnnyrotten

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I think that has to be the understatement of all time 😀

At least anyone that's going to Carlisle on 4th round day make plans with confidence its going ahead.

Luton are shit and going down; we could well be playing them next season; if they put a weakened team out we can beat them (could even beat their best team with a good performance)

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

There's people on twitter who were suggesting we could beat United by 2 or 3 clear goals, therefore we'll turn these over easily by 4 or 5

4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Not played them since they played in white! 😃

I went to this, from memory the corner for their goal came from a Willy Morgan mis hit back pass from near half way line.  It also might have been end of season as think it was FA cup semi final day, both semis played at same time- 3o clock Saturday ! 

29 minutes ago, batton carrier said:

Hopefully scum fans buy all unused tickets in home ends and it kicks off big time in the stands resulting in a points deduction for both clubs.

Be interesting if they give United half the ground. 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

I went to this, from memory the corner for their goal came from a Willy Morgan mis hit back pass from near half way line.  It also might have been end of season as think it was FA cup semi final day, both semis played at same time- 3o clock Saturday ! 

Was this the game we had to take our boots and shoes off when entering the game?

20 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Luton are shit and going down; we could well be playing them next season; if they put a weakened team out we can beat them (could even beat their best team with a good performance)

Fair enough, I thought it was a very tough draw even if they rest a few but I've just remembered they lost in the league cup at Exeter a couple of months ago so I've revised my opinion to 8-0 to us 😀

6 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Was this the game we had to take our boots and shoes off when entering the game?

I went with my mum and dad so we kept ours on in seats, stayed in a hotel and players were staying there too. 

The Mrs birthday is at 3rd round time.  Since we'd avoided going to Wigan away, decided to make a weekend of this game.  Seconds before the draw I said "the only bigger shithole than Wigan would be Luton away".  Think we'll be doing a there and back on the day if we get tickets.