Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln City (A) Boxing Day

TrickyTrotter

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Didn't they spend a load putting it together in league one?

Maybe, wouldn't know.

Main thing fot us is to just get out of the league though. Let Evatt et al worry about the future.

It wouldn't concern me about us being good enough for the championship- we came up from league 2 and have gradually improved, and I see no reason to think we can't do the same.

10 hours ago, Spider said:

We are improving

Unless you haven’t been keeping track of where we are in the league.

paying attention isn’t for everyone I suppose

😎

we all like a graph, here’s a recent BWFC related one:

98A9A6CA-2FC2-429A-8718-2E312C9C9D07.jpeg

Oh I know. I'm taking the piss.

Think we could upgrade on the LWB position though. To help juggernaut our way to promotion.

Hard to see where else can be improved this transfer window.

16 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Oh I know. I'm taking the piss.

Think we could upgrade on the LWB position though. To help juggernaut our way to promotion.

Hard to see where else can be improved this transfer window.

I think some premier league loans in Jan could be a real welcome if possible to really help with the promotion push.

Mendes Gomes and Jones are out on international duty for all of Jan, and any injuries and we could live to regret ahead of the run in.

A CB, LWB/RWB and a CM would be good.

Edited by Lostock Whites

8 hours ago, woolli said:

I agree, there is no stand out team this season, so, hopefully a much lesser points total needed for automatic. Still think we will need upper 90 plus points for promotion though.

The other effect of not having 3 teams well clear is that the teams in 4th to 7th will presumably have more points than last season, making it more competitive and bunched up.  There will be 6 pointers every week, anyone in top 7 playing each other will be a big game, whereas last year Ipswich/Plymouth v Posh or us wasn't as pivotal, just another game for the leaders.  It should make the overall promotion race more exciting with teams potentially swapping positions regularly.

8 hours ago, Stig said:

One player I can't work out though is Mendes Gomez. Why was he signed? No idea where he fits in in this formation 

This year's equivalent of Sadlier or Dapo, arguably.  As in, irrespective of performance levels, its hard to see him starting above anyone else as he doesn't have a position that fits the system.  FWIW I think he's been a bit disappointing in the brief cameos I've witnessed, but certainly not judging him yet, obviously a decent player but I'd be amazed if he starts any league games this season barring lots of injuries.

It' s looking like  2 from 4 for the top 2, automatic promotion spots,  Us, Pompey, Derby &  P/boro, which gives us a 50/50 chance.

For the play offs i'd add 2 of Oxford, Stevenage & Barnsley with B/pool as outsiders.

I don't see it as a weaker league this season with the top 7  being stronger than last season ( possibly not Barnsley ) but in our favour is having 8 teams competing should mean teams taking points off each other ( it doesn't look like anyone is breaking away ) & that 2 relegated teams have got point deductions.

11 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

This year's equivalent of Sadlier or Dapo, arguably.  As in, irrespective of performance levels, its hard to see him starting above anyone else as he doesn't have a position that fits the system.  FWIW I think he's been a bit disappointing in the brief cameos I've witnessed, but certainly not judging him yet, obviously a decent player but I'd be amazed if he starts any league games this season barring lots of injuries.

I think I rate him more highly than you do, but beyond that, I think I'd agree

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, bwfc2003 said:

Played Fleetwood 9 times - won 8 and lost 1 

2 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Although at their place it’s played 3, won 2, lost 1.

Let’s see if I understand this correctly. We’ve played them nine times but only 3 at their place?

How does that work? I’d have thought this Friday would make it 10 games, five at home, five away.

33 minutes ago, MickyD said:

https://livescores.biz/h2h/bolton-vs-fleetwood

This week is game no 11

IMG_0973.jpeg

37 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Let’s see if I understand this correctly. We’ve played them nine times but only 3 at their place?

How does that work? I’d have thought this Friday would make it 10 games, five at home, five away.

Yeah, it is a bit random, but this is why:

There have been 10 games, but the 2-0 at their place was a friendly.

Of the other 9 games, 1 (at home) was in the EFL trophy.

That leaves 8 league games. 3 homes and 3 aways count for 6 of them. The reason there are 2 “extra” home games is that (a) one of them is this season’s home game, which will be reciprocated by this week’s away and (b) we played them at home in the COVID season that was scrapped before the end, so never got to play them away (we were due to play them at their place in March 2020).

Edited by Jol_BWFC

25 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Yeah, it is a bit random, but this is why:

There have been 10 games, but the 2-0 at their place was a friendly.

Of the other 9 games, 1 (at home) was in the EFL trophy.

That leaves 8 league games. 3 homes and 3 aways count for 6 of them. The reason there are 2 “extra” home games is that (a) one of them is this season’s home game, which will be reciprocated by this week’s away and (b) we played them at home in the COVID season that was scrapped before the end, so never got to play them away (we were due to play them at their place in March 2020).

IMG_1121.jpeg