Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Best & Worst of 23

L/H White

• Site Supporter

Best: Finding out I’m going to be a grandad. (Even beats a football game at Wembley!)

Worst: It’s been a decent year and it’d feel kind of selfish pulling up and number of poor results. Football games aren’t really that important when you think about other folks’ woes.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Best: Finding out I’m going to be a grandad. (Even beats a football game at Wembley!)

Worst: It’s been a decent year and it’d feel kind of selfish pulling up and number of poor results. Football games aren’t really that important when you think about other folks’ woes.

but for a lot football is their anchor, gets them through the week as such, so is equally important. 

The playoffs killed the good work last season, 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Best - Realising who your proper mates are.

Worst - Realising those who arent.

How’s your bro doing these days since he had his accident by the way?

Best. Doing coast to coast bike ride with some great mates . Made me realise what I have got and how important people around me  are ,and we raised a decent amount of cash for Wigan and Leigh hospice.

Worst. In all honesty nothing that is worthy of mention , It was a good year 

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Genuinly the worst thing that's ever happened to me alongside having to tell my parents (separately) and wake up my sister with the news , at some point when it's all out in the public I'm going to have to talk about it and what's happened, the guys still not had his day in court and so we're having to be very low key about it. The Brianna Ghey thing hit really close to the bone as it's possibly very similar circumstances aside from we still haven't been fully told what his reason was. I'd only been in my new job 3 weeks, thought "yeah they're not going to believe this one!"

Fucking hell mate that's the most upsetting post I've ever read, thoughts are truly with you, can't even be arsed posting my comments on this after reading that

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Fucking hell mate that's the most upsetting post I've ever read, thoughts are truly with you, can't even be arsed posting my comments on this after reading that

Sorry, didn't mean to post it to cause upset, just something that I'm having to bottle up a lot, felt that even though some on here "know me", the secrecy of an online name meant i can actually say it "out loud" as such. As I put above, everyone has issues an shit times and it's best of airing them, if you don't say becuase someone's "had it worse", then you're not sounding out. Be someone probably reading this that's had an even worse year and wants to get it off their chest. 

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Sorry, didn't mean to post it to cause upset, just something that I'm having to bottle up a lot, felt that even though some on here "know me", the secrecy of an online name meant i can actually say it "out loud" as such. As I put above, everyone has issues an shit times and it's best of airing them, if you don't say becuase someone's "had it worse", then you're not sounding out. Be someone probably reading this that's had an even worse year and wants to get it off their chest. 

I was upset for you not me, don't bottle it up pal

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Fucking hell mate, hope things get better this year 

13 hours ago, gonzo said:

Best - Realising who your proper mates are.

Worst - Realising those who arent.

In the end, you'll be glad you know which are which.

I had the same awakening a few years back and it has my life easier.

5 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Very sorry to hear of your loss  ,i just hope the current British justice system will give you justice

53 minutes ago, Traf said:

In the end, you'll be glad you know which are which.

I had the same awakening a few years back and it has my life easier.

Fuck em all mate. Only takes 6 to carry your coffin 👍

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, crawshawbooth said:

Very sorry to hear of your loss  ,i just hope the current British justice system will give you justice

Isn't the British justice system dealing with it, he was on holiday. 

The country it is are quite well known for their justice system, he's admitted it thankfully as they're also quite well known at being terrible investigators 

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, gonzo said:

Barney?! :(

Lost Barney a couple of years ago pal. We got a Black Lab soon after called Marley, he became ill on the Tuesday before xmas and plummeted in space of 24 hours, some sort of bowel infection. 
Having a break from dogs now. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Lost Barney a couple of years ago pal. We got a Black Lab soon after called Marley, he became ill on the Tuesday before xmas and plummeted in space of 24 hours, some sort of bowel infection. 
Having a break from dogs now. 

That's rough.

Friends of ours who we got our dogs from have told us their "mum" has been diagnosed with a mass in the bladder. Could operate but might not be successful. If the don't, she won't last much longer.

She's a lovely, friendly dog too. :(

Best - Wembley.  What a brilliant day and shared with family members who mean the world to me. I became a great-uncle for the 1st time, the day before too.

Worst - Lost a good mate to a heart attack in Summer. The 4th to go like that in recent years. All of em aged between 48 and 58. Terrible.