Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Best & Worst of 23

L/H White

Best - Wembley 

Worst - this dog wank woke fest ITV are churning out for new years eve. 

We're only an hour in and we've already had climate change, drag queen's, Ukraine and now Windrush. 

:lol: just let the shows do their turn and fuck off like the old days. 

1 hour ago, only1swanny said:

Best - Kings coronation/Bolton winning some silverware. 

Worst - getting a phone call from a random stranger telling me my brothers been murdered. 

2 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Best - wembley win

Worst - Mum being taken by Cancer

Christ

Sorry lads.

Hope 2024 brings you some good memories 

19 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Thanks for that it means a lot , she made 80 and had a good active life upto the last couple of months so small blessings.

Definitely. Doesn’t make it much easier though pal. She sounds like a great mum. 

17 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Aye

My year hasn't exactly been all sunshine and roses but I'm enormously thankful I've made it through without losing any family members

I echo your sentiments re. 2024

👍

Feel very lucky to be with the family this Hogmanay. Had a lot of friends lost family this year. My folks were hit hard by Covid over Christmas so not seen them in a while. Currently sat by the fire about an hour north of Inverness, lovely. 

Enjoy your eve mate

And all the best to everyone on here for 2024. 

We are going up 💪

21 minutes ago, Zico said:

Best - birth of my second daughter 

Worst - the birth of my second daughter that meant I had to miss the Papa John's final and a seat in the box with Campo

Wounded. 

That is going to be told to everyone who asks this type of question from now on. R

Your answer will depend on whether the Mrs or daughter are in tow! FACT 

2 hours ago, Zico said:

Best - birth of my second daughter 

Worst - the birth of my second daughter that meant I had to miss the Papa John's final and a seat in the box with Campo

Fuck me pal get your priorities right

5 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Best - Kings coronation/Bolton winning some silverware. 

Worst - getting a phone call from a random stranger telling me my brothers been murdered. 

Sorry to hear that i'm absolutely speechless 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Sorry to hear that i'm absolutely speechless 

Genuinly the worst thing that's ever happened to me alongside having to tell my parents (separately) and wake up my sister with the news , at some point when it's all out in the public I'm going to have to talk about it and what's happened, the guys still not had his day in court and so we're having to be very low key about it. The Brianna Ghey thing hit really close to the bone as it's possibly very similar circumstances aside from we still haven't been fully told what his reason was. I'd only been in my new job 3 weeks, thought "yeah they're not going to believe this one!"

Best: Getting married has to be the official answer, but two Wembley wins inside a few months of each other (BWFC and Leigh RL) takes some beating!

Worst: My mate dying in a car crash at 34 years old. Going for a pint with his dad at the Hibs game on Tuesday. 

15 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Genuinly the worst thing that's ever happened to me alongside having to tell my parents (separately) and wake up my sister with the news , at some point when it's all out in the public I'm going to have to talk about it and what's happened, the guys still not had his day in court and so we're having to be very low key about it. The Brianna Ghey thing hit really close to the bone as it's possibly very similar circumstances aside from we still haven't been fully told what his reason was. I'd only been in my new job 3 weeks, thought "yeah they're not going to believe this one!"

Can’t even begin to try and understand what you must be going through, and sadly I don’t think that will ever get any easier. Thoughts are very much with you after reading that 

• Members

Awful reading about Dusan's and Swanny's misfortune, the best was Wembley. My worst pales into insignificance after reading of their terrible losses so isn't even worth a mention.

Good luck for 2024 you two. You deserve it.

10 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Awful. Let’s hope your family can recover, have a better 2024. And hope that the justice system delivers justice for you all.