Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley (H)

Ani

Big vote of confidence from Evatt in our current squad for me starting Dion and Vic up top with Collins coming on later. If Toal and Forester are fit they’d definitely start with Toal in the centre, Forester right and Iredale to his left. Cogley RWB and I’d start Ogbeta at LWB because I’m sorry but I’m still not fully convinced by Ashworth despite an admittedly better game last week. We’ll miss George for this but midfield of Paris, Josh and Demps and without too many changes I think we’ll be too good for the Tykes.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Big vote of confidence from Evatt in our current squad for me starting Dion and Vic up top with Collins coming on later. If Toal and Forester are fit they’d definitely start with Toal in the centre, Forester right and Iredale to his left. Cogley RWB and I’d start Ogbeta at LWB because I’m sorry but I’m still not fully convinced by Ashworth despite an admittedly better game last week. We’ll miss George for this but midfield of Paris, Josh and Demps and without too many changes I think we’ll be too good for the Tykes.

Don't think many are convinced with Ashworth yet but Evatt bangs the drum about making it impossible to drop players etc. Ashworth fully deserves to keep his place based on last week. Strangely enough, I felt Ogbeta was caught too high up the pitch against Blackpool at times.

Glad I don't have the decision to make - great position to be in

3 hours ago, Spider said:

Charles has to start.

He won’t keep missing these chances.

He’s due 

3-1 to the fucking shithouse white men

Rest Charles for me. Start Collins. Try him with big Vic 

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Don't think many are convinced with Ashworth yet but Evatt bangs the drum about making it impossible to drop players etc. Ashworth fully deserves to keep his place based on last week. Strangely enough, I felt Ogbeta was caught too high up the pitch against Blackpool at times.

Glad I don't have the decision to make - great position to be in

Talking to some Blackpool lot this week they mentioned Ogbeta and how young and nervous he looked. 

Id probably stick with Ashworth but Im not convinced on him either tbh.

A high physical press would eat em both for dinner.

17 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Why isn’t Geth back? Once again he isn’t even on the bench for the Aussies.

He’s doing nowt, so I’m hoping South Korea make a comeback in the second half and he can fly back fully rested.

He’s not even Australian. Who authorised this

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Talking to some Blackpool lot this week they mentioned Ogbeta and how young and nervous he looked. 

Id probably stick with Ashworth but Im not convinced on him either tbh.

A high physical press would eat em both for dinner.

Its not impossible that Iredale is LWB, should the other CBs be available.  IE has overlooked Ashworth all season if there have been any other options - even played Cogley there once - so no reason to think that has changed, he played at Carlisle because there was literally nobody else.  

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its not impossible that Iredale is LWB, should the other CBs be available.  IE has overlooked Ashworth all season if there have been any other options - even played Cogley there once - so no reason to think that has changed, he played at Carlisle because there was literally nobody else.  

But he did play well there, and scored a blinder.

Iredale may go there if Barnsley are likely to be very physical. 

That said, I have a feeling that Forrester will be on the bench and the new lad will start, alongside Toal and Iredale in the middle.

28 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

But he did play well there, and scored a blinder.

Iredale may go there if Barnsley are likely to be very physical. 

That said, I have a feeling that Forrester will be on the bench and the new lad will start, alongside Toal and Iredale in the middle.

I don’t think Barnsley will be that physical Jacket but they will be quick and I just don’t think that will suit Ashworth who is easily bypassed. Of course we don’t really know how good our new wing backs are either because we haven’t seen enough yet so for me if Toal and Forester are fit then I’d play them with Iredale in the middle and ready or not stick with Ashworth at LWB and see if he can improve even more. It’s a tough call for IE tomorrow because he now has so many options so since he’s the best informed I’ll trust him to pick the right eleven and hope we can snatch the 3 points.

• Site Supporter

Why would he be easily by-passed?

You've repeatedly criticised him, yet he's hardly played- as a wing back (like the others we have)- they will occasionally be caught up field by a ball played behind. That's what they're expected to do though, and it's the responsibility of others to cover.

I'm not sure what he's (not) done to be receiving such criticism.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

I don’t think Barnsley will be that physical Jacket but they will be quick and I just don’t think that will suit Ashworth who is easily bypassed. Of course we don’t really know how good our new wing backs are either because we haven’t seen enough yet so for me if Toal and Forester are fit then I’d play them with Iredale in the middle and ready or not stick with Ashworth at LWB and see if he can improve even more. It’s a tough call for IE tomorrow because he now has so many options so since he’s the best informed I’ll trust him to pick the right eleven and hope we can snatch the 3 points.

Wow, you should be coaching at a much higher level.

He'll be buzzing to get back, busting a gut in training and rushing to get his BWFC kit back on to come to our rescue and help cover for the 9 injured defenders, getting upto speed with upcoming opponents.  Then IE meets him "err, actually Geth, take your time, don't be hasty, you might want to get yourself re-acclimatised to our weather and training.  Have you met Caleb, Nat and Calvin?".  

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Why would he be easily by-passed?

You've repeatedly criticised him, yet he's hardly played- as a wing back (like the others we have)- they will occasionally be caught up field by a ball played behind. That's what they're expected to do though, and it's the responsibility of others to cover.

I'm not sure what he's (not) done to be receiving such criticism.

I’m just saying what I personally have seen. I’m unconvinced so far but that’s not to say the lad hasn’t got ability, just that I’m not seeing it yet.