Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool (A)

Duck Egg

I'm an exceptionally weary Bolton fan. Groundhog day. Yet another failure at Bloomfield Road, another absysmal result in a derby, another key player sent off the game before we play Wigan. The more things change, the more they stay the same. I can't quite believe what we've gone and done today.

Shipped so many goals since Baxter's injury. Can only think it has caused widespread panic with the defence who don't have the same confidence. Blackpool must have raised their game 200% today and wouldn't be surprised if they lose their next game whoever they are playing. Draw a line under this disaster, appeal the red card and move on. 

4 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I'm an exceptionally weary Bolton fan. Groundhog day. Yet another failure at Bloomfield Road, another absysmal result in a derby, another key player sent off the game before we play Wigan. The more things change, the more they stay the same. I can't quite believe what we've gone and done today.

With you on this Paul sick of us losing against local rivals and another 4-1 result just don’t know what’s wrong with these players when we play local rivals. Not looking forward to Wigan now! 

14 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

We're often poor in these types of games. There has been an improvement on last season in many areas. But ultimately we're still off the pace in the big games and it's just reminscent of the play off performances against Barnsley. 

Table still looks positive after today, so we're fortunate with that. But if we don't step it up then we won't make the automatics and I wouldn't be too confident in the playoffs either. 

That's not me being negative, we've put some top performances in this season and we're third in the league. Just looking at what we need to push on from here and can't see it just yet.

Plenty time though and some huge games ahead. Need to go for the win against Wigan. 

We've got better at winning those minging away games we used to lose 1-0, which is why we're third and not sixth.....we've not improved playing against top 8 teams, which is why we're third and not first, imo. 

A lot rests on Tuesday.  Its massive now. And in typical wanderers fashion we'll probably put in a rolls Royce 3-0....here's hoping, anything less than 3 points and we're probably having a do in the playoffs 

23 minutes ago, Cheese said:

There's 13 games to go, and we haven't conceded any ground today. We're going to lose some, and so are our rivals. Suck it up, and crack on.

Can’t believe I agree with you Cheese but your right lots of twists and turns yet and games against teams in the top 6 , I still think we will go up automatically.

Nailed on we win the appeal but that doesn’t help us today. That said, did we deserve anything for the final 75 minutes?

Second half in particular was an absolute non-event. I can see how we’ve tried to play a different way with JDB-CMG up top…and then tried nothing different.

You can guarantee that Tuesday will be even more ‘in our faces’ than today and we’ve really got to find a way of stepping up a level.

We go again etc. 

8 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Feel your pain, they have a decent home record and to our credit we took the game to them first half, but one or two are running on empty and second half we just didn’t kick on. It wouldn’t have been evatts style to shut up shop and take point given our run against them, it was always shit or bust.can’t legislate for shocking one sided referees,just adds to the cocktail of a nightmare score line.

• Members
22 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Spot on fella

If we played them again tomorrow (with a fair ref), I'd expect us to win, I thought we looked like the better team and created far more.  I know we didn't defend well and I'm not ignoring that, but I think we just had a bad day at the office defensively, we are better than that.  I was encouraged by how inventive we looked going forward in the 1st hour.  On another day we're deservedly leading at H-T, but even at 2-1 down we looked well capable of equalising even with that ref giving them literally everything.

That's 6 games now spoiled by relatively early sendings off, for and against, just gets annoying when you want to see a fair game 11 v 11.  

agreed this was the worst reffing  since Barry Knight !!!! nobody is that incompetent !! he chose who he wanted to win and made it happen !!! you only had to look at a Blackpool player in a strange way and he would give a free kick !! appalling statement on the standard of league one refereeing!!!!  

Edited by Bryan458

5 minutes ago, Bryan458 said:

agreed this was the worst reffing  since Barry Knight !!!! nobody is that incompetent !! he chose who he wanted to win and made it happen !!! you only had to look at a Blackpool player in a strange way and he would give a free kick !! appalling statement on the standard of league one refereeing!!!!  

We should start bundling upcoming refs in to shit 1998 tranny vans, with tights on our heads, and threaten an ear to ear piercing unless they play ball for the Whites

Surely that's what seaside did

24 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Can’t believe I agree with you Cheese but your right lots of twists and turns yet and games against teams in the top 6 , I still think we will go up automatically.

We might, we might not, but I'm absolutely certain its not just down to teams/tactics/ability - its in the lap of the gods what other factors play a significant part.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We might, we might not, but I'm absolutely certain its not just down to teams/tactics/ability - its in the lap of the gods what other factors play a significant part.

Yeah the ref had to big an influence on that result and nothing you can do about it.