Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charlton (H)

Ani

12 minutes ago, gonzo said:

You bought the budget bollocks into it as some kind of stick to beat Evatt with.

You know, like you do every single week when we fail to win a football match 5-0.

You're the same every single week, finding fault in any way you can.

You cant wait to jump all over the manager and players week in week out then act all insulted when folk pull you up.

Theres debate, theres being worried, theres being over positive and theres being a bit glass half empty, but theres being a massive cunt about everything all of the time, week in week out.

Ill let yourself workout which category you fall into.

You big depressive nonce.

Any chance you can do the team talk at Cambridge 

3 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Yeah but do you think we should be so dependent on one player? We’re so indecisive at the back and lack physicality, weak tbh.

Jerome substitution was weird, it was crying out for CMG and he puts Jerome on 🙄

We shouldn't be, but we are. 

You can't take santos, Forrester and Baxter away from the best defence in the whole country and expect us to be the same :(

Jerome Ill never understand. Ever. Especially in a game like that.

• Members
1 hour ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Like it or not if we Finnish in the playoffs we will deserve to be there, the table never lies, as it stands I’d fancy our chances against any of Barnsley/Peterborough/ Oxford.

I'm sure they are saying the same thing about us

9 minutes ago, woolli said:

Really, proof please! Your just a mere youngster, who will, never, ever seen what ive seen watching the Whites. Bless your cotton socks!

No proof needed about your noncing 

You provide it to all and sundry weekly 

Bi weekly. If we're unfortunate enough to have a Tuesday fixture 

14 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

We don’t go up he goes 

He will go, but he’ll get a similar job at a same sized club.

He’s done more good than harm here and we’ve progressed every year. 

The town believes in their club again and a large part of that is down to him.

You can’t deny that. 

A 5th season though would be too long IMO. 

Next season L1 level will be much tougher. 

It’s now or never for IE.

Edited by captainmed

2 minutes ago, captainmed said:

You can’t deny that. 

Well put 

2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Bit of a worry that there’s no timescale on Baxter

Derby away will give us some indication where it’s heading 

I think we'll have a good idea before then.  We need a champagne moment at Blackpool, Wigan or Barnsley.  When we've scored away at a half decent side we can feel more confident about the other tough tests and, if it comes to it, the play offs.

2 minutes ago, captainmed said:

You can’t deny that. 

Fantastic post, he has been fantastic for us, its promotion or hes gone.

Got home after driving through a monsoon , had a curry, not read over comments on the game. First half was what has been the norm last few home games, disjointed , Sheehan man marked and it stopped us playing. They scored 2 scrappy goals caused by indecisive defending. Whisper it quietly but Toal desperately needs a rest. Relying on a young lad carrying an injury is not working. 
Second half we upped the pace and played well Maghoma scores a superb goal , we give another scrappy one away but battle get a more than deserved draw. 

I do have a major gripe today, and this is with Evatt IMO. In second half Dempsey moved to play on right and Maghoma to left and IMO that was the difference. Gethin, JCD and Dempsey link up brilliantly on the right and this opened the game up, same has happened on other games, this also means Magohoma is cutting in onto his right and that  works. So why the fuck start them the other way round ? 

1 hour ago, Greg_BWFC said:

Yes I actually enjoyed a lot of our play but we're a weird bunch us football fans.

We'd be much happier if we'd have just ground out another turgid 1-0 nailbiter 😄

Yes apparently if you play crap and win 1-0 against another crap team its the sign of a good team 😀

38 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I didn't enjoy the first half, I was annoyed like you.  I enjoyed the 2nd half, proper attacking football, goalmouth action and a couple of quality goals.  That's what I go to football for, not just to look at the league table.  

Ha I think I've posted the exact same thing about the same time. Second half was exciting enough to stop me sneaking off to beat the traffic for the first time since Blackpool! If that header had gone in at the end it would have been a game for the ages.

But have to disagree on Jones on your other post. I thought he was great second half, but terrible in the first. Although that's not singling him out, can't think of anyone who was decent that first half

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

Got home after driving through a monsoon , had a curry, not read over comments on the game. First half was what has been the norm last few home games, disjointed , Sheehan man marked and it stopped us playing. They scored 2 scrappy goals caused by indecisive defending. Whisper it quietly but Toal desperately needs a rest. Relying on a young lad carrying an injury is not working. 
Second half we upped the pace and played well Maghoma scores a superb goal , we give another scrappy one away but battle get a more than deserved draw. 

I do have a major gripe today, and this is with Evatt IMO. In second half Dempsey moved to play on right and Maghoma to left and IMO that was the difference. Gethin, JCD and Dempsey link up brilliantly on the right and this opened the game up, same has happened on other games, this also means Magohoma is cutting in onto his right and that  works. So why the fuck start them the other way round ? 

Agree with this especially Toal he is carrying an injury as per IE comments he needs a rest as soon as Santos is fit?