Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City (A)

mattbwfc19

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

And besides, I think Collins will be a big player for us

Me too. With the right strike partner and a run of games together Collins could be just what we've been after.

15 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think he needs someone running off him

Charles would be ideal

You think Charles and Collins could play up top together. ?

I'm skeptical. Not unless you want to try and turn Collins into somebody can hold the ball up. Because it's not his game. And it's certainly not Dion's. 

We have hard enough time holding the ball up with victor and Dion. 

With Collins, you're less bothered if he's not between the posts, because you know he can make things happen.

You don't need to play with your back to goal to be a foil for a runner. Collins can roam, take defenders away, get wide and make things happen. With Vic (who I rate higher than most), if he's not between the posts, he's not offering much.

Collins finding space with Bangaverage and Charles making runs in and around the box.... I like the sound of it

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, boltonboris said:

With Collins, you're less bothered if he's not between the posts, because you know he can make things happen.

You don't need to play with your back to goal to be a foil for a runner. Collins can roam, take defenders away, get wide and make things happen. With Vic (who I rate higher than most), if he's not between the posts, he's not offering much.

Collins finding space with Bangaverage and Charles making runs in and around the box.... I like the sound of it

I’m not sure what he made happen at Exeter. In face it took me about 20 minutes to realise he was playing. 

1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Sheehan and Thomason made things happen at Exeter; both front men were poor

You wouldn't have thought so with the amount of moaning about Sheehan on the terraces.

3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

He made a couple of bad passes in the second half when the rest of the team decided to go to sleep

I like him, I thought he had a very good first half, but there was folk moaning about him from the off.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Traf said:

I like him, I thought he had a very good first half, but there was folk moaning about him from the off.

Yeah but some folks are only happy when they have something to moan about.

It's why they go to the football, to moan out loud.

Miserable fuckers.

17 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Yeah but some folks are only happy when they have something to moan about.

It's why they go to the football, to moan out loud.

Miserable fuckers.

Apparently him and Bangaverage are useless lightweight fannies and our midfield should be Dempsey, Morley & Thomason every week.

26 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

I refuse to believe any single person could find themselves moaning about Sheehan this year. 

About the only player that has looked consistently capable of playing higher than this division. 

Nailed on for POTY, She-ra. 

1 hour ago, meanderson93 said:

I refuse to believe any single person could find themselves moaning about Sheehan this year. 

About the only player that has looked consistently capable of playing higher than this division. 

I think he'd be outstanding in the Championship