Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby County (A)

L/H White

8 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

I think we can.

If that Derby County team is the second best in that division I'll eat hay with the donkey. It's time for bollox, who's got em eh??? Come on i reckon we can still do it and im one if the most sceptical kicked in the nads , seen it all before Bolton fans you could meet.

100%, 21 points to play for, add nerves into the mix, the teams around us playing each other, games against relegation threatened sides, it’s not over , keep the faith.

I did warn people not to get their hopes up, I remember saying how you basically have to win every game for months at a time to get automatic promotion. There's a few things that have damaged us this season, the injuries to Baxter and Dion are massive losses. Lack of a plan b and any sort of tactical variety from Evatt, and the absence of any threat from set pieces. Teams can just sit back and wait for mistakes because we lack the strength to really hurt them if they don't come at us first. 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, woolli said:

blah blah fuckin Blah! Same as Wigan, Blackpool, Exeter,  Northampton, Reading. Barnsley. Where does it end?

It won’t end!

Not with this clown in charge!

Stevenage! Reading! Bristol Rovers! Portsmouth! Shrewsbury! Port Vale! Peterborough!

Same every week!

Just now, Zog1 said:

I did warn people not to get their hopes up, I remember saying how you basically have to win every game for months at a time to get automatic promotion. There's a few things that have damaged us this season, the injuries to Baxter and Dion are massive losses. Lack of a plan b and any sort of tactical variety from Evatt, and the absence of any threat from set pieces. Teams can just sit back and wait for mistakes because we lack the strength to really hurt them if they don't come at us first. 

What do you want? A fucking a medal?

We've been miles more direct of late BTW.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

What do you want? A fucking a medal?

We've been miles more direct of late BTW.

No it's just funny seeing some of the happy clapper brigade parroting talking points i made 6/7 months ago.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Zog1 said:

No it's just funny seeing some of the happy clapper brigade parroting talking points i made 6/7 months ago.

You knew 6/7 months ago that we’d lose 1-0 at derby?

don’t suppose you’ve got the lotto numbers have you?

Just now, Spider said:

You knew 6/7 months ago that we’d lose 1-0 at derby?

don’t suppose you’ve got the lotto numbers have you?

Not specifically but it doesn't take a footballing genius to work out where we were weak last season and we've done next to nothing to alter it. If the same teams last season were in the league this season we'd probably been in the playoffs all year.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Zog1 said:

Not specifically but it doesn't take a footballing genius to work out where we were weak last season and we've done next to nothing to alter it. If the same teams last season were in the league this season we'd probably been in the playoffs all year.

Weird how quiet you were on here for the few months we were smashing up the league.

Still, at least you got to say you told us so eventually. You must have been sweating through winter though.

I was busy and out of the country for most of the year.

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

You must have been sweating through winter though.

I didn't need to, because the writing was on the wall even back then for the reasons i set out. It wasnt complex then and it isnt now.

42 minutes ago, Zog1 said:

Actually, you said to get promoted you need to win nearly every game over the season.

We are still waiting for you to list the teams that have won nearly every game, and got promoted.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Zog1 said:

I was busy and out of the country for most of the year.

I didn't need to, because the writing was on the wall even back then for the reasons i set out. It wasnt complex then and it isnt now.

Shame. You’ve missed a really good run.

Youre not so lucky after all, only having internet access when we’re playing a bit average.

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Collins is frustrating. Looked quality on Tuesday and had his moments today but just not quite the player you want to rely on. Dare say Barnsley say the same about McAtee. 

He's just another IE style forward, we've got about 7 of them all of similar quality.

I know people are a bit down however, we played well against Derby and probably should have won. The result was crap, but after calming down, I am actually quite positive for the last matches, we can still do this

12games -17 points.

Won only 4 of those.

1 away win in SEVEN.

Only TWO clean sheets in those 12.

We have imploded when it matters.

Those are the harsh facts, dress it up however you want.

But hey, why let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Edited by captainmed

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Collins is frustrating. Looked quality on Tuesday and had his moments today but just not quite the player you want to rely on. Dare say Barnsley say the same about McAtee. 

If we’re being honest, he was awful today. Not an overall verdict on him, he was brilliant on Tuesday and I think he’ll be very good for us, but he was probably our worst player today.

The rest of it has been said, Derby were awful, we were the better team, we were also toothless for the most part, we didn’t deserve to lose but it’s oh so fucking predictable that we would do.

Another big game, another loss. In isolation it’s just unfortunate, but it’s not in isolation, it’s a genuine trend of this team. Blackpool, Wigan, Derby - we all hoped we would find a win or two, we probably deserved a win or two, but we have 0 points. This team is unbelievably predictable, we win the games we win and we lose the games that we know deep down we just will do.

At least in the play offs, assuming Pompey and Derby go up, I don’t think there will be any teams in there that are in that bracket over 2 games - although Barnsley will probably find a way to beat us.