Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (A)

32 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

This is becoming a lame excuse TBH.  Of the away games at eg Orient, Exeter, Stevenage, Northampton, Wigan - which games did the opposition have the better players on paper and would we have swapped their starting line up for our's?  Of course bad results happen even to the best sides, but the inability to win away at top half sides (and not many at home), its not explained away by a couple of injuries (which happens to most sides).

I don't agree. We lost arguably our three most effective players in Baxter, Rico and Dion. And then our second striker not long after. I doubt there's many clubs in the division who wouldn't get wobbled by that. 

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

We've had 2 weeks off, these injury excuses are running a bit thin now

Why? Do injuries usually heal in 2 weeks? Wish we'd given Stuart Holden a fortnight off.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Who knows? We're getting no information of them

Pretty sure our injuries have been confirmed multiple times. No wonder Evatt is pissed off having to answer the same questions every day, while being accused of not providing any information.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, TroySwoosh said:

win our game in hand and we'll be 3 points off 2nd with 5 games to play, Baxter and Charles to come back and possibly others, it's not over yet

Nope. Give up now. It's over. No chance. Shut up.

20 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Over the last few weeks, one has shown far more than the other, and he isn’t a whale chaser. Jerome was far from our worst performer today either.

To be honest, the thing that wound me up most about the two week break was the horrific set pieces and everyone except Toal looking knackered!

Jer0me is wank and I’m genuinely miffed by what you’ve seen about who has shown more in the last few weeks unless you’ve watched training ?

Hes been an awful signing

I said it before the match, but if the team can't get up for the opportunity today, after Derby lost last week, they never will. 

Probably the best squad in the league has been performing like a lower mid table side since December. Whole thing is a shambles. It's playoffs and getting knocked out by anyone with a bit of bottle I'd say.

Whatever you think of Evatt his performance last two thirds of the season has been abysmal in terms of results. 

21 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Know nothing about the game but we need to be winning every match at this point. Outside of Pompey and Derby we should be beating everyone.

There was another team on the pitch , a horrible team to play against on a postage stamp of a pitch .Only Oxford in the top eight have beaten them on their own ground. 
It’s actually not over yet & I agree we need a massive upturn in form but Christ what we need is for our supporters to get right behind these lads & stop whinging .

13 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

There was another team on the pitch , a horrible team to play against on a postage stamp of a pitch .Only Oxford in the top eight have beaten them on their own ground. 
It’s actually not over yet & I agree we need a massive upturn in form but Christ what we need is for our supporters to get right behind these lads & stop whinging .

Agree 👍

1 hour ago, Greg_BWFC said:

Correct.

We needed 1 goal today and drew another blank when we could least afford it.

Not sure where folk are getting the idea that we'd paste anyone at Wembley if we got there too- because we beat Plymouth?

Different stakes playoffs.

I must admit its a head scratcher to me too.  For arguments sake Peterboro at Wembley, with their pace up front, how is that going to help us compared to playing them at a tighter game at London Road?  Would we by physically stronger defending set pieces because its a bigger pitch?

I loved the cup win at Wembley as much as anyone, but it means bugger all when it comes to a tight, edgy play off final when we've got a team allowing us the ball, defending deep and knowing we don't break down the better teams. 

Saying that its a problem I'd love to have, I'd snatch your hands off for a play off final then just hope its our turn for things to go our way. 

23 minutes ago, tomski said:

Jer0me is wank and I’m genuinely miffed by what you’ve seen about who has shown more in the last few weeks unless you’ve watched training ?

Hes been an awful signing

Thing is mate he wasn't even meant to be playing. There's 5-6 players above him if you count CMG.

He was moving in for a coaching role and was only meant to be cover.

We are at bare bones with only 3 fit strikers and none of em are any good. Maybe he just thought give CJ a go as Bod has been bloody crap starting.

We can all blame Evatt for the lack of tempo, lack of ideas and bottle but I'm not sure we can blame him for having 4 forwards out injured including our first choice two.

The team as good as they can be, just reek of weak mentalities. 

Go behind, their heads drop and it never seems like they belief they can turn it around.

Tough away game, bottle it 9/10. Now Evatt mentioned how the players were fearful and on Monday its going to be a massive crowd too and the crowd needs to be positive. 

It just feels like these players will crack under anything. Wembley aside, even when we've got a packed out home crowd it appears going into it, that it might be detrimental if anything, which is absurd.

It seems like there's always an excuse for them not to perform and get the job done.

And that in the high pressured environments they crumble.

No signs of a promotion side to me. Which is frustrating because on our day we can be unplayable. Just feels like the players mentality is weak when it matters. 

It's hard to put a finger on it, but I'm sure we can all agree that there's just something missing in the team.

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Thing is mate he wasn't even meant to be playing. There's 5-6 players above him if you count CMG.

He was moving in for a coaching role and was only meant to be cover.

We are at bare bones with only 3 fit strikers and none of em are any good. Maybe he just thought give CJ a go as Bod has been bloody crap starting.

We can all blame Evatt for the lack of tempo, lack of ideas and bottle but I'm not sure we can blame him for having 4 forwards out injured including our first choice two.

Fair arguments but little justification for starting him over Bod with 2 weeks off. 

We have given this to Derby. It makes me sick 

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

The form of Collins is more worrying than Cameron Jerome for me.

I really thought he was the golden ticket :(

Be good to know what position he plays as his run at defensive midfielder wasn’t great today.

4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

The form of Collins is more worrying than Cameron Jerome for me.

I really thought he was the golden ticket :(

Yeah, I genuinely don't know what he's supposed to bring. What are his strengths, I've seen nothing 

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

All the usual bollocks, what did we expect? That was abysmal today let’s not try and gloss over it. There was just no spark in them at all and that’s by far the worst game I’ve ever seen from Santos, right from the first few minutes. Playing like that he had no right whatsoever to finish the game, he should have been off with Toal to CH and Iredale at LCB. The problem with Evatt is that he’s already made his mind up before the game who’s coming off and when. Ogbeta was our most constructive player down the left but yet he still hauls him off yet leaves Santos on who nearly gifted then two goals. I’ve been behind Evatt up to now but I’m rapidly losing faith in him after today because that was just atrocious and he did nothing to improve it. 🤨

I'm genuinely not sure what IE did today that would change someone from being behind him to losing faith.  What was different today?  You said he's already made his mind up before the game, if that's the case and you were behind him previously, no reason to change today, for better or worse the only difference today was starting Jerome for the 1st time.