Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading (H)

Bertie

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

I partially agree with the comment in which league goals carry more meaning but by the same token, JDB has started 9 league games whilst Victor has started 28. JDB has 4 league goals which is 0.44 league goals per start whilst Victor has 10 league goals which is 0.35 goals per start.

Aye.

You can only score in the games you play.

21 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Good win today, just need to back it up next week and for the remaining 5 games.

JDB’s performance today just shows how crazy it was starting Jerome over him on Friday. For all that a lot of fans have slagged him off this season, he’s into double figures this season and the same as fans favourite Adeboyejo. 

100% on Bod, he’d of scored 20 by now given a fair amount of game time. The left foot strike today was quality… pleased for Collins he’s had loads of stick, but it’s clear to see at this level he’s a good un.

Great game just shows what we are capable of going forward 

if we don't go up automatically and take this form into the play offs we will be fine especially with Dion Charles coming back 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Walkden White said:

Great win and for the most part great to see us playing with more tempo and getting the ball forward quicker. Collins goal of the season?

A lot to choose from on that front, but he certainly caught it cleanly. Not a lot of back lift but plenty of biff behind it.

His third was also battered.

A game that could easily of been 8-4.  I think noticeable was Santos actually defending as a centre half and not thinking he is Beckenbauer.   

Coleman made some great saves and at the other end I,m it sure if they had just stuck last picked int net. 

Collins has arrived and as already said I would like to see him and dion together.

• Site Supporter

Fantastic!! 👏👏.

I’d said to myself I’m only happy if we win with a 3+ goal difference. When their 2nd went in I was well pissed off, so JDB bagging that 5th made it a good day 😊.

Will anybody, who was criticising Collins and Evatt for buying him, come on here and apolgise for spouting shit? 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, desperado said:

Fantastic!! 👏👏.

I’d said to myself I’m only happy if we win with a 3+ goal difference. When their 2nd went in I was well pissed off, so JDB bagging that 5th made it a good day 😊.

Will anybody, who was criticising Collins and Evatt for buying him, come on here and apolgise for spouting shit? 

At times he hasn't been so good, but that is also true for many during a bad performance.

Just frustration coming out- the lad has obvious quality, we just want the consistency (amongst them all) to get where we want to be.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

At times he hasn't been so good, but that is also true for many during a bad performance.

Just frustration coming out- the lad has obvious quality, we just want the consistency (amongst them all) to get where we want to be.

Inconsistency is our problem and as been for a while let’s hope from now to the end of the season we carry on playing as we did today just 1 criticism cut out the silly mistakes at the back !

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Having done so well why change the front 2, as tempting as it may be?

They also started against Oxford.

It's one of the things I would criticise Evatt for -  people having good games and then getting benched. Collins hat trick and Bod scoring 2 could see one or both being benched against Bristol,  it's what he does. 

We're also in danger of making Dion better the longer he is out. It won't be the second coming of the messiah and his form prior to injury as we all know was poor.

For once barring injuries let's stick to the same team for Bristol.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Walkden White said:

It's one of the things I would criticise Evatt for -  people having good games and then getting benched. Collins hat trick and Bod scoring 2 could see one or both being benched against Bristol,  it's what he does. 

We're also in danger of making Dion better the longer he is out. It won't be the second coming of the messiah and his form prior to injury as we all know was poor.

JDB is really valuable to us in this run-in. Protect him. This is one I’m trusting Evatt on

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Would have been an absolute travesty if we’d gone in at 1-1. Very well deserved lead. Really liking the pace and positivity that we’ve shown. 

Seems like those not there watched a different game, again

11 minutes ago, Walkden White said:

There’s probably an argument for keeping the same side for the last 5 games

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure either of them are fans' favourites. Neither is Collins.

Chuck in criticism of sitter-missing Dion and never a footballer Dan and we're struggling! 😄

Makes you wonder how we’ve managed a GD of 3️⃣1️⃣ doesn’t it