Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading (H)

Bertie

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

I think people are cautious about getting too giddy, we was all buzzing after Oxford going into derby and we flopped

Our differing performance levels are so crazy you don’t know what you’re getting from one to the next

Today was excellent hopefully same again next week 

You’re right pal.

I was playing today’s game/result down pre-game. This was one of the “expected” wins, so silly to get carried away. 

We still need favours, away wins and consistency, something that hasn’t happened recently, so lots to do yet. 

Any spares for Bristol? 🤣

1 minute ago, desperado said:

You’re right pal.

I was playing today’s game/result down pre-game. This was one of the “expected” wins, so silly to get carried away. 

We still need favours, away wins and consistency, something that hasn’t happened recently, so lots to do yet. 

Any spares for Bristol? 🤣

I’m not going Bristol (unless a late change of plans) I will keep an ear out if you need any 

• Site Supporter

Today I watched the game from LOV. Which gave a completely different view from where I normally sit, we were piss poor defensively , same with midfield trying to defend, gave the ball away too easily, hopefully Portsmouth will tomorrow 

47 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Great to win today, however goal difference should have been caught up , we were brilliant going forward but again can’t put away chances. The worrying thing is we wee rubbish defensively and a decent team would have scored several goals. To me lots of players off their game , Thomason , magomha( who could have been sent off in the first half) ogbetta, toal Shean and santos. Poor .

Drivel 

19 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Think Pompey have Lincoln away last game to

Tuesday 2nd April    Portsmouth v Derby County
Saturday 6th April    Portsmouth v Shrewsbury Town

Saturday 13th April   Bolton Wanderers v Portsmouth

Tuesday 16th April    Portsmouth v Barnsley

Saturday 20th April   Portsmouth v Wigan Athletic

Saturday 27th April   Lincoln City v Portsmouth

Could have scored 8 today & did what we needed to. Reading had a good spell after their subs & change of formation early in the 2nd half & wish Evatt would make subs before 70mins to counter it. That aside, Evatt is the man for the job & I’ve had a belting day out watching my beloved Wanderers. It’ll be reet…..

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Easy ride for being 3rd in league.

What do you want? A full on hound out?

Hardly Megson is he ffs

Not at all. But he doesn’t really get any shit. In fact if you should even hint he isn’t pep plenty get a shitty on. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, desperado said:

Quality man management 

Not sure it was needed though, we scored 5 last time out at home, and we've fluffed it away from home enough times with Charles up top 

He's shown a few times recently that it's getting to him, it's not a good look, and one I find frustrating 

It's definitely something he needs to work on for me, what to say and when to say it, whether he's on the touchline or being interviewed 

Proper rollercoaster at the moment this season, but he's coming across more Keegan than Ferguson, saw Paul Warne the other day saying how much he was enjoying it

Anyway, Pompey win tonight and it's back on, again 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Big E said:

Not at all. But he doesn’t really get any shit. In fact if you should even hint he isn’t pep plenty get a shitty on. 

It’s a complex dynamic from what I can  see. There’s loads of anti-Evatt trolls on-line, but I suspect that’s the case for lots of expected high achieving well supported clubs.

There’s lots of negativity and anti-Evatism here too, but I’m suspecting it’s kept here and not too vocal at the ground.

The watching fans is the strangest one. I’m surrounded by some older statesmen at home, who think they are the funny end of criticism, with the occasional shout-out without gathering too much consent. Few sideways and backward booers too who just want it humped up.

My recent away experiences have had far too many cranks with too much abuse and negativity to spout. 

Glad to say there’s a few positive backers who tend (at the moment) to out-sway this.

But to suggest he doesn’t get any shit is well wide of the mark. 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Zico said:

Not sure it was needed though, we scored 5 last time out at home, and we've fluffed it away from home enough times with Charles up top 

He's shown a few times recently that it's getting to him, it's not a good look, and one I find frustrating 

It's definitely something he needs to work on for me, what to say and when to say it, whether he's on the touchline or being interviewed 

Proper rollercoaster at the moment this season, but he's coming across more Keegan than Ferguson, saw Paul Warne the other day saying how much he was enjoying it

Anyway, Pompey win tonight and it's back on, again 

It was slightly tongue in cheek.

But enough evidence there to suggest there’s something in it…

Well as much if not more that his comments suggests rifts, breaks in the ranks, fall- outs etc

As I’ve said today and post Stevenage there’s things I’ve not liked from him.

But that said I think the criticism (as always) has gone over the top.

If there was a real problem you don’t have players doing what they did today. 

3 minutes ago, desperado said:

It’s a complex dynamic from what I can  see. There’s loads of anti-Evatt trolls on-line, but I suspect that’s the case for lots of expected high achieving well supported clubs.

There’s lots of negativity and anti-Evatism here too, but I’m suspecting it’s kept here and not too vocal at the ground.

The watching fans is the strangest one. I’m surrounded by some older statesmen at home, who think they are the funny end of criticism, with the occasional shout-out without gathering too much consent. Few sideways and backward booers too who just want it humped up.

My recent away experiences have had far too many cranks with too much abuse and negativity to spout. 

Glad to say there’s a few positive backers who tend (at the moment) to out-sway this.

But to suggest he doesn’t get any shit is well wide of the mark. 

It’s been tough going watching it. Most criticism I’ve heard is people frustrated. Nobody calling for his head. 

it’s like Friday. I don’t get people standing there cheering them off when they’ve been garbage but likewise don’t get why people boo 

On 31/03/2024 at 10:15, Whitesince63 said:

Really? We’d still be two results behind them with their goal difference and we’ve Pompey to play as well remember. There’s still hope I agree but I think it’s a long one. 🙂

There’s 3 goals back, derby lose tomorrow and they don’t play weekend.

18 minutes ago, Big E said:

Nonsense.

He gets his fair share of shit. Obviously not loads as it's clearly not warranted.

We are 3rd. We should be clear top after the position we were in but fuck we've been dealt and bad hand and he's not perfect in his decisions.

Doesn't mean we need to get the bedsheets out does it?

How about we get behind him and the players instead of trying our best to turn it shit?

You talk like he's getting away scot free after all that's gone on over the past 3 months. It's absolute horseshit.

Nothings perfect.

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Today I watched the game from LOV. Which gave a completely different view from where I normally sit, we were piss poor defensively , same with midfield trying to defend, gave the ball away too easily, hopefully Portsmouth will tomorrow 

Sounds like you were still facing the same direction you normally do.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Sounds like you were still facing the same direction you normally do.

Think the extra beer might have altered his view. We scored 5 goals. 

Our supporters are fucking idiots.

Edited by gonzo

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Big E said:

It’s been tough going watching it. Most criticism I’ve heard is people frustrated. Nobody calling for his head. 

it’s like Friday. I don’t get people standing there cheering them off when they’ve been garbage but likewise don’t get why people boo 

What do you do? I’d have been quite happy to walk off without booing or clapping at Stevenage. But when you’ve got folk bellowing down your ear that Evatt’s lost the plot and Coleman is a wanker, surely any Bolton fan with a modicum of pride is going to counter that with a clap and “Bolton till I die”? 

• Moderators

It was slightly tongue in cheek.

But enough evidence there to suggest there’s something in it…

Well as much if not more that his comments suggests rifts, breaks in the ranks, fall- outs etc

As I’ve said today and post Stevenage there’s things I’ve not liked from him.

But that said I think the criticism (as always) has gone over the top.

If there was a real problem you don’t have players doing what they did today. 

I don't think there are rifts or problems within the camps 

Not sure about the tongue in cheek comment either 

I just think he leaves himself open to criticism with what he says, whether that's by our fans or the opposition

Just recently I've seen maybe signs of his personality that are reminiscent of how the team play, as in, fragile when up against it

He's no Rioch or Alladyce, but we won 5-2 so right now I don't care 

Like with our approach to games when things aren't going out way, it's something he needs to work on to make himself a better manager and us a better team 

And I say that because I want him to do well for us 

And I won't criticise him as such, I'll just call it out and at worse take the piss or have a dig because he's done my head in

What do you do? I’d have been quite happy to walk off without booing or clapping at Stevenage. But when you’ve got folk bellowing down your ear that Evatt’s lost the plot and Coleman is a wanker, surely any Bolton fan with a modicum of pride is going to counter that with a clap and “Bolton till I die”? 

Walked out without giving any shit personally. 

I personally wouldn’t interact with said minority 

Just now, Zico said:

I don't think there are rifts or problems within the camps 

Not sure about the tongue in cheek comment either 

I just think he leaves himself open to criticism with what he says, whether that's by our fans or the opposition

Just recently I've seen maybe signs of his personality that are reminiscent of how the team play, as in, fragile when up against it

He's no Rioch or Alladyce, but we won 5-2 so right now I don't care 

Like with our approach to games when things aren't going out way, it's something he needs to work on to make himself a better manager and us a better team 

And I say that because I want him to do well for us 

And I won't criticise him as such, I'll just call it out and at worse take the piss or have a dig because he's done my head in

And that's bang on.

But don't get all shitty when someone says it's not all bad.

We are 3rd. We should be 3rd. Evatt says some stupid stuff. Doesn't change the fact we are 5 forwards down. Also doesn't change we can't win big games or derbies.

Everyone is too sensitive.

Including me :D

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Let’s just be happy we have seen a decent win and reduced the goal difference.

pompey win tomorrow, we win at Bristol and derby don’t play.

We're back in it.

Portsmouth only need 8 points and we can't catch them.

100% need them to beat Derby tomorrow. We're not catching them. 

(they can also beat Barnsley and Wigan for us while they're at it)