Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury Town (H)

RUREADY2ROLL

Standard letdown/disappointing performance. I can take not winning but for fucks sake the number of times we’ve had chances this season and not taken them are frightening. 

I hope none of you lads are expecting promotion in the play offs because we have an awful tendency of fucking it up every time we get an opportunity. By no means a forgone conclusion and seeing the number of times we’ve bottled it this season fills me with no confidence whatsoever. The team is so jackyl and Hyde, no consistency whatsoever. 

We need to fuck this tiki-taka shite off, this shite formation off and become more solid defensively and get some characters in the dressing room who have some stones about them. We also need a manager who can change a game tactically.

Is that dropped points in every single game in hand at the business end of the season?

Serious questions should and will be asked this summer. I'm not sure Evatt can instill a mentality strong enough to win the games that matter to get us out of this league.

Quite frankly, pathetic.

9 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

We're finishing 4th and it'll be Barnsley in the playoffs again.

Probably best for all parties if we part ways in the summer. Evatt's limitations have never been as strongly highlighted as in this match.

They were last season too people just give him the benefit of the doubt. I wasnt amongst them.

Just now, bwfc4ife said:

Standard letdown/disappointing performance. I can take not winning but for fucks sake the number of times we’ve had chances this season and not taken them are frightening. 

I hope none of you lads are expecting promotion in the play offs because we have an awful tendency of fucking it up every time we get an opportunity. By no means a forgone conclusion and seeing the number of times we’ve bottled it this season fills me with no confidence whatsoever. The team is so jackyl and Hyde, no consistency whatsoever. 

We need to fuck this tiki-taka shite off, this shite formation off and become more solid defensively and get some characters in the dressing room who have some stones about them. We also need a manager who can change a game tactically.

Agree with this; if we fuck up the playoffs IE has to go

Ogbeta trying to chest it in to the net instead of heading the fucking thing will live long in the memory similar to Tim Reams weak as piss header at Stoke that day.

Absolutely unforgivable.

2 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Yep I’m afraid when the going gets tough we just go.

I don't think thats true. They showed at Barnsley 2 nil down they have fight. They just keep giving away shit soft goals. They had three shots on target and scored twice. It happens too often. Pompey had one shot on target. The defence hasn't been as good as last year.

How did we end up with three centre halves still on the pitch by the end of the game? It’s stubbornness like that which really lets Evatt down.

Morley or Sheehan had to come on other iredale or Forrester who where both terrible with distribution the entire game.  Credit to maghoma who was by far and away the best player on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, CumbrianWhite said:

How did we end up with three centre halves still on the pitch by the end of the game? It’s stubbornness like that which really lets Evatt down.

Morley or Sheehan had to come on other iredale or Forrester who where both terrible with distribution the entire game.  Credit to maghoma who was by far and away the best player on the pitch. 

Shit manager that’s why

1 minute ago, CumbrianWhite said:

We finished the game with 3 strikers on the pitch and spent the whole second half camped in their box. Taking a defender off wouldn't have made the blind bit of difference.

We just make really poor decisions when it matters most.

Our players aren't as good as we think they are.

6 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Sadly these type of results have littered this campaign , especially the 2nd half of the season . Do we now rest some of the walking wounded for the play offs or play them to try and guarantee 3rd place ? .

It's happened throughout the season TBH.

Doesn't matter where we finish, we have to beat them all.

2 minutes ago, CumbrianWhite said:

Yes I was surprised how poor Forrester was tonight, he has nowhere near the forward capability Gethin has and JDC looks half the player without it but he was just dreadful and Iredale not much better. 

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

We finished the game with 3 strikers on the pitch and spent the whole second half camped in their box. Taking a defender off wouldn't have made the blind bit of difference.

This 100%.

I did the tactical analysis last game but that performance is just pathetic. Season on the line and we just don't have the bottle for it.

Mentality is a big problem, and needs to be sorted for the play offs. 

So frustrating, as the players we have shouldn't be drawing today, or be 3rd in this league

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

We had to win though. I’d much rather see Morley distributing from rcb than Forrester when we’re chasing a goal.

3 strikers but distribution in to them was very poor.