Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Is This Fair?

Mounts Kipper

Most papers would just love to see a Manure, Chelski, Arsenal and Liverpool league anyway so anyone threatening that will be seen as being bad. Once they can show me the rules that states you can only win playing total football the i will take their complaints seriously. We are marmite, you either love us or hate us and i really don't give a fcuk what anyone else says.

And Bolton believe they can gatecrash the top four this term and qualify for the Champions League to represent England in the world's most glamorous club competition - a prospect which must have most of the blazers at the FA and Premier League choking on their pink G&Ts.

For a minute last week I thought we were becoming media darlings when Lawro and O'Niel (who actually does know what he's taklking about) started singing our praises. Fair comment or not? all I can say is that the men in grey suits, and the teams who actually think they have a divine right to get in to Europe, are shit scared that we might just screw their plans up. Only good can come from articals like this because Sam will read it and pin it to the dressing room wall, he will also think that his plans are right on track.

Long live Sam

I'm disappointed with some of the football we play, given the quality of players we have.

But the whingeing element of the media never explain how exactly a team can "kill the game by cynically winning as many free-kicks as possible" ...... [usually throw-ins & corners are added in with free-kicks).

How do you "win" free-kicks ? And why is it "cynical" ? Isn't it up to the opposition not to concede dead-ball situations ? And if we're such sh***te, shouldn't we be easy meat for any half-decent opposition ?

The stench of sour grapes is overwhelming as usual ......

Interested to know what the media slant is on Portsmouth then. They too are a "smaller" club trying to gatecrash the big boys party. Are they slagged off week-in, week-out?

When we were scrapping for Premiership survival, it was fair play in the media's eyes. Now we are scrapping for European qualification, its seen as untoward.

In a league that is dominated by money (and will get worse if City/Liverpool, etc get taken over) - then how are we expected to compete? Playing pretty football gets you relegated.

Edited by Smiley

Not the best performance and Speedo admitted he was not in the game second half, Nollie was absent for 90 minutes.

However we were away to the mighty Aston Villa who simply could not score on their home turf when that happens there is always a chance that the opposition may grab one a la Wigan at the Reebok.

Any company who tries to take on established businesses will be frowned upon, more so if they are sucessful and threaten to dent profits. It's a business game and discrediting any new boys via the media is as much a tactic ias diving in the penalty box is.

Their fear is that we are closing in at a sustainable rate, year after year we get stronger, no "one hit wonders". Everytime they big boys look over their shoulders at the chasing pack, BWFC are always there. This year hanging on to their shirts having beaten 2 of them already.

We need to stand firm, support our club and chip away at what the FA, Premier League & Media think belongs to the "glamourous" clubs.

"Slowly, Slowly, Catchy Monkey"

Starting paragraph from the Telegraph:

All the top teams grind out 1-0 wins every so often. Bolton had spent the last month or so grinding out a succession of 1-0 defeats; at Villa Park they finally emulated the elite they are keen to join.

They're not ALL out to get us ;)

Starting paragraph from the Telegraph:

All the top teams grind out 1-0 wins every so often. Bolton had spent the last month or so grinding out a succession of 1-0 defeats; at Villa Park they finally emulated the elite they are keen to join.

They're not ALL out to get us ;)

I switched to Telegraph a few months back and they do give as good a balanced report as you will get.

If you read shite like The Sun, Star and Mirror you have to expect articles and reports aimed at the less mentally challenged of readers!

Interested to know what the media slant is on Portsmouth then. They too are a "smaller" club trying to gatecrash the big boys party. Are they slagged off week-in, week-out?

They will be fine because they have Sir Harry at the realm. Apart from the BBC, most pundits think the sun shimes out of Harry's arse.

I switched to Telegraph a few months back and they do give as good a balanced report as you will get.

If you read shite like The Sun, Star and Mirror you have to expect articles and reports aimed at the less mentally challenged of readers!

Mostly Chav's who support the big teams and are all glory hunting fcukers, wearing their 5 year old shirts every time there team wins.

I've been having this debate with loads of my mates, Style V Substance, Entertainment V Results and all that. The way I look at it is in the mid 90's we played some fantastic attacking football, got relegated twice and promoted once. I remember coming away from so many games wishing we would compromise on style and win more games as we stumbled to our second 1 season relegation from the Premiership.

Well now I dont care as long as we win, fine the 4-0 pastings of Wet Spam are great but grinding a 1-0 os just as important.

Some dont like the way we play well I say F*ck Em!

• Moderators

depends on how they go about it, i.e. their style of play

if that was the first bolton game i'd seen this season I'd have to beleive everything those who knock us say

it was an inspired performance by jussi

the rest of the team were insipid

probaby be the same against city next week

but totally different against newcastle

depends on how they go about it, i.e. their style of play

if that was the first bolton game i'd seen this season I'd have to beleive everything those who knock us say

it was an inspired performance by jussi

the rest of the team were insipid

probaby be the same against city next week

but totally different against newcastle

Hmmm...Faye was good, Meite too, after initial struggles with Sutton, Hunt did nowt wrong, Campo hit some good passes.

We worked hard, and did a job on them.

I'm more than happy with it.

As Yatesy said - "If you read shite like The Sun, Star and Mirror you have to expect articles and reports aimed at the less mentally challenged of readers!" - dead right

We win TOO many games 1-0 for it to be just lucky

The tabloids are written by morons for morons.

Reality TV in print.

I'm with Traf on this. I can't remember the last time I bought a tabloid and tbh, I don't think my life is some how not complete due to this.

I wonder if you're all masochists and secretly love it. :)

attacking wise we were not at the races, but defensively as a unit i thought we were awesome, we must be the best team in the premier league when the opposition have the ball.

We are very good when not in possession, however i'd prefer it if we were good in possession too!

• Site Supporter
We are very good when not in possession, however i'd prefer it if we were good in possession too!

aye, if sam must insist in playing down the channels, i wish the fullbacks would practice playing a ball down the channel.

to kick it out for a thow-in is fookin criminal in my eyes...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.