Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bullard

MickyD

• Members
Did we actually negotiate? Not sure we even put in a bid in anger.

Not concerned. Listened to Roy Hodgson the other night and he described Bullards wage demands as 'beyond our means'.

If it was beyond Fulhams means with Al Fow Ed running the show, I wouldn't want BWFC even considering it. It appears we may not have and would seem to continue the trend of good business decisions in transfer dealings.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
i can't believe we missed out on this guy. no ambition. its all nicky hunts fault

Here Here

Our squad needs players like Bullard around.

No one can begrudge him the ?800,000 he'll pick up for a trip to the USA.

City boss Phil Brown has played down any rumours that the injury was serious enough to require an operation on his knee, but the player and the club's worst fears have now been realised, with Bullard flying out to Denver to visit the surgeon who operated on the midfielder's knee originally - Dr Richard Steadman.

Although the early prognosis is difficult to assess on how long Bullard will be absent from first team duty, City's newest signing will undergo an anthroscopy on Wednesday in the United States to deal with a small tear on his cartilage.

http://www.rivals.net/news/pgarticle.aspx?...930620&id=0

Dr Richard Steadman. Looks to me like Hull can forget him this season and half of next.

Nah, it's just a slight tear of the cartilage - would normally be 6 weeks, but then you dunno as Bullard's knees have previous.

It's cruciate reconstructions that take ages to come back from

Jules

2 cruciate reconstructions & 2 cartilage removals to date

Bit harsh that methinks

And it's highly unusual for them not to know it's an ACL prior to the arthroscopy

Yep, you're right - 2 myself.

However, they are not saying it isn't ACL by saying he's going for an arthoscopy. They often do that to assess the magnitude of damage. When I had my first one done they did an arthroscopy and discovered that I'd done my ACL, PCL and ruptured my cartilage.

All in all, he could well be out for a long time. I hope he isn't, nothing against him and it's a grim injury to come back from.

Nah, it's just a slight tear of the cartilage - would normally be 6 weeks, but then you dunno as Bullard's knees have previous.

Jules

Aye - lot of weight on them knees....

Jules

The conspiracy theorist/general cynic inside me says you don't go to Steadman for a routine repair to a slight cartilage tear.

The conspiracy theorist/general cynic inside me says you don't go to Steadman for a routine repair to a slight cartilage tear.

Didn't Bernard Mendy, whilst at Hull?

I agree though in Bullards case, with his "previous" one would doubt it's a simple op. FWIW i reckon Laursen at Villa will end up in the same boat ie Steadman/Operation/Long period not playing, even though Villa are saying he'll be ok in a month or so.Tricky things these knees, ask Ricardo Gardner

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.