Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Your Worst Ever

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never got over Deano's miss, so for that alone it's gotta be that.

At least we're now better than the Scarborough's etc. of the world and beaten the scum. Holdsworth scoring would have seen us in the last FA Cup Final at Wembley, as Satan said that can never happen again.

Ipswich play off

Tranmere play off (cried)

Relegation at Chelsea (even cried following day)

Sheff Wednesday away 5-0

Derby away 4-0

Watford play off final

Torquay away 2-0 (Phil Neal then got sacked)

Black sunday

3-0 up at Watford and losing

2-1 up at Rotherham and they scored in injury time, so we lost out on goal difference

losing the Swindon cup tie epic

I can't depress myself any further !!

I was at Scarborough but I never got that horrible crappy feeling in the pit of my stomach that the other ones gave. We were crap then and we knew it, plus it was a good day out :roll: I think the worst defeats are the ones were the dream actually dies i.e. play off defeat, relegation, cup exit etc. Or losing to our dear neighbours of course. Notts County away was actually more of a laugh than a bad memory. I remember some lad who had got stuck in traffic coming in late and asking me the score. Once I had convinced him we were 6 down before half time he promptly said 'fck this' and pissed off back down the tunnel. And people wonder why most on here get pissed off with the moaners today.

Thanks for reminding me about Oldham in the cup, almost managed to forget that one. Patterson fannying around, mud heap of a pitch and that fat barsteward Beckford who was utter shite and had done nothing in the whole match. It's all coming back now and it still rankles!

Notts County...we got there at half time and were informed by a helpful policeman not to bother going in, as we were already 6-0 down.

Ho Ho Ho, yes of course we are, constable.

Yes of course, we were.

Notts County...we got there at half time and were informed by a helpful policeman not to bother going in, as we were already 6-0 down.

Ho Ho Ho, yes of course we are, constable.

Yes of course, we were.

Train from Bolton - Football special - good days!

Holdsworth miss for me.

Close second was losing to Bristol City in the Freight Rover just because I lived in Bristol and played darts with a gang of City fans.

how about that wolves match in the 70s when they beat us to get promotion instead of us. was at my sisters wedding that day at the swan hotel. my brother in law always used to take me to all the matches so why re chose that day to get married i never know. anyway 5 mins after we left those golden shirt wearing urine drinking brummie fcukers came in and wrecked the place.had a venomous hatred of them since that day.that picture of neil whatmore on his knees stll haunts me. :angry: :angry:

• Moderators

ive got it in my head we lost midweek home games in both the failing seasons

one against carlisle and one against york

must have been about the same stage of their respective seasons

games that probably cost us promotion and tbh a few years in the top division

by the time we went up the team had passed its best

the team btw that was boring cos it passed the ball from the back...........ooohhhh the irony

Obvious one's like Ipswich and Holdsworth miss, but also.....

Tranmere away, league cup 2nd leg in 2000. We got stuffed 3-0. I'm still haunted by Tranmere fans singing "Aldo, give us a wave". :(

Just thought, aren't all these in the same season?

Obvious one's like Ipswich and Holdsworth miss, but also.....

Tranmere away, league cup 2nd leg in 2000. We got stuffed 3-0. I'm still haunted by Tranmere fans singing "Aldo, give us a wave". :(

That was the worst game I've ever been too, and had the joy of a glory-hunting munich housemate still being up when I got back 'told you they'd lose'. Fucking glory-hunters have no idea :angry:

Ipswich - their fans laughing outside after Knight had taken Sheepshanks brown envelope.

Deano - annoying miss when you consider how often he scored in Atlantis.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.