Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Close In On Achille Emana

YATESY

I know that it has been stuck on the end of the transferupdate thread but I thought that was for general tribal gossip where as this one seems to have some real mileage in it and warrants its own thread:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5504796,00.html

Skysports.com understands Bolton are closing in on a deal for Real Betis midfielder Achille Emana.

The Cameroon international looks set to quit the Andalusian outfit following their relegation on the final day of last season.

While collectively the Seville-based club struggled, Emana flourished as he scored an impressive 11 goals from midfield.

Keen to keep playing top-flight football Emana is encouraged that talks between Betis and Bolton are progressing at pace.

"Everyone knows I love Seville but it is important to play in the top, rather than second division in any league," he told skysports.com.

"A decision will be taken very soon to satisfy all parties."

It is expected Emana would cost Bolton in the region of ?7million.

Sure that some European football experts on here can tell us more about this lad?

scored goals from midfield, team got relegated, sounds just like Riga!

For ?7m he needs to be a damn site better than Riga - remind me again why we gave him a 3 year deal?? I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get near the 1st team this year he's one of Garys "we've brought a few in to try and bring them on but it doesn't always work out" signings! Wonder who the rest are - Cohen, Korean, Shittu, M Davies???

• Moderators
I know that it has been stuck on the end of the transferupdate thread but I thought that was for general tribal gossip where as this one seems to have some real mileage in it and warrants its own thread:

And this is why the transfer thread is a BAD idea.

Wasn't that even your idea and not even you can be arsed using it?

For ?7m he needs to be a damn site better than Riga - remind me again why we gave him a 3 year deal?? I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get near the 1st team this year he's one of Garys "we've brought a few in to try and bring them on but it doesn't always work out" signings! Wonder who the rest are - Cohen, Korean, Shittu, M Davies???

:nea: :nea: No problem with the rest but, Mark Davies? Has the potential to become a very good premiership midfielder, already shown good signs.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5504796,00.html

Sure that some European football experts on here can tell us more about this lad?

this is him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCpBlK2gI2k

The Korean lad has played one game how the frig can you lump him in there!

The Korean lad has played one game how the frig can you lump him in there!

"we've brought a few in to try and bring them on but it doesn't always work out"

I think the Korean lad fits in this category - unproven but brought in to see if he can step up and it might not work - the fact he's played one game has nowt to do with it - not saying it hasnt worked out just it might not - hope it does.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.