Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Our Support

roybarker

what the f----s happened to our support 13000 for today was an absolute disgrace

I thought when coyle came the fans would support him

well if thats support then we are f----d

come on everyone get your fingers out or we are going down

Piss take,no execuse not to go today,gutted

Guest Frandsen08

a few factors against it today

it being on T.V

valentines day(priorities please)

cup game.

still no excuse, when i came to my seat & i saw spurs bring a full allocation and then looked around our stadium and couldn't help but say it was embarrassing

I did not go today as I booked a week in Spain in September I am sure many have good reasons not to be there,however our support has been dire for a long long time,it has got to the stage where I actually agree with the fans of other clubs who take the piss, we do not deserve such a great club.

we are going down because the attendance figures are low??

this season...

11,193 - lincoln (3rd round)

14,572 - Sheffield Utd (4th round)

13,596 - Spurs (5th round)

2007/2008

15,286 - Sheffield Utd (3rd round)

2005/2006

13,326 - Arsenal (4th round)

17,120 - West Ham (5th round)

2004/2005

16,151 - Fulham (5th round)

23,523 - Arsenal (qf)

2003/2004

8,759 - Tranmere (3rd round)

2002/2003

10,123 - Sunderland (3rd round)

2000/2001

11,161 - Yeovil (3rd round)

11,737 - Scunthorpe (4th round)

22,048 - Blackburn (5th round)

Lets be honest we have never had decent attendances in the FA Cup in the last 10 years. And we are not the only team to have attendance figures like this, people in general are disinterested with the cup, especially when it is on tele.

Embarrassing.How the hell did we manage to get less for a fifth round tie against a quality premiership team like Spurs who nearly sold out their allocation than against an avarage Championship team in Sheff Utd.I just don't understand the complacence.Don't tell me because of the price of tickets or because it was on tele please.

Embarrassing.How the hell did we manage to get less for a fifth round tie against a quality premiership team like Spurs who nearly sold out their allocation than against an avarage Championship team in Sheff Utd.I just don't understand the complacence.Don't tell me because of the price of tickets or because it was on tele please.

As Jim Bowen would say... IIIIIIIIIIIIN ONE!!

• Moderators

Spurs didn't "nearly sell out their allocation" There were empty seats all over the south stand, particular the upper tier. Course, those who attended today would have known that already.

spurs in telling lies shocker?

UPDATE, FEBRUARY 10

Bolton away, FA Cup, February 14

There are approximately 300 tickets remaining for Sunday's FA Cup 5th round tie at Bolton. Tickets remain on general sale from the Ticket office in Paxton Road or by calling 0844 0102 (option 2) but today is the final day that tickets will be posted via normal post.

4 days ago they had 8% or so of their tickets remaining

having checked my OED, 92% is confirmed as 'nearly all'

Didn't go today for the simple fact couldn't afford tickets for me and junior.I have a budget as a single dad end of.

Does that make me a bad supporter ? Not bothered either way.

But for someone who travels 75 mile round trip and missed 1 home league game in 18 years as a st holder guilty as charged. <_<

I'm still recovering from being laid up ill or I would have been there.

Nevertheless, Valentines Day or not, on TV or not, over 20,000 at Selhurst Park same day also on TV.

Even 16,000 at Fulham against Notts County, tho not on TV.

Shocking attendance, even though it matches Cup attendances for the last 10 years. If not enough people are interested in Bolton having a top flight club (or can't afford it or live too far away), we might as well be out of the Cup and relegated. The club can't operate easily in an apathetic vacuum.

Edited by Rembrandt

We had more home fans at the Lincoln game than at the Spurs game, thats pretty impressive.

I can understand why people didn't bother, but it is such a shame for the players to come out and see a stadium like that.

I'd be worried about selling out our allocation for a semi or a final at Wembley if we got there with our fans at the moment.

Hopefully we will have a decent following on Wednesday, we need to get behind the boys because it can make a big difference in a game like Wigan away.

• Site Supporter

I was sat opposite them in the North stand. The upper tier of the South was nowhere near full. Empty seats all over the place. 92% is bollocks.

I was in esl next to south stand and moved to the other end for second half.

They had definitely more or less sold out their end, the empty seats you saw must have been from people on the concourse.

Our support today was embarrassing, nobody can deny that.

Owen Coyle must be thinking the same.

Even those figures quoted by someone earlier in the thread show a shocking decrease from recent years.

Embarrassing and appalling.

I think OC will be wondering what he has done.

He will remember the mid 90's passionate Burnden nights and great Cup trips with superb noise and large away support.

He probably expected that this passion had grown now we were in the Premiership and moved to a new Stadium.

Welcome to Planet Breezeblock Mr. Coyle.

Not sure ay which game I was most embarrassed, this one or the Villa League Cup Semi final.

The worse part of it is, it will almost certainly never change.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.