Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barcelona V Man Utd

If there is a team to beat Barca on a neutral pitch, it's United, they'll need to use their limited possession count and counter Barca with effect.

A couple of years ago United started well, Ronaldo had several chances in the 1st 10 minutes or so, but once Barca settled into their rhythm, they dominated and ended up easy winners, I think it'll be closer this time out, with the Evra v Alvez[+vice-versa]being the important area.

Barca will dominate possession wise, they press fantastically when they lose the ball, so it's hard to make inroads when you get the ball, but players like Rooney and Nani can exploit gaps and Hernandez is always willing to make runs and could be in for a good night if the service is decent enough.

2-1 Barca me thinks.

A well constructive and none bitter review of the game.. Do you think they will invite Gary Neville to lift the trophy?

I'm in Dublin

Imagine how many dmb supporters there will be?!

I'm definitely going to get beaten up

Red cunts, no thought process required whatsoever, come on barca

Jules

ABU

Thers''s plenty of murderers too to join in with

• Members

Barca winning would bring in the third leg of a treble for me but, even if I didn't have the bet riding, I would want the DMB's to get fooking smashed. I despise the fookers.

Would enjoy seeing downhearted Essex types and paddies leaving Wembley. :yahoo:

Would love to see one of the Spaniards do to Evans what he did to Stu Holden.

• Moderators

I'm in Dublin

Imagine how many dmb supporters there will be?!

I'm definitely going to get beaten up

Red cunts, no thought process required whatsoever, come on barca

Jules

ABU

I'm in Edinburgh

really no idea what to expect fan wise

If ManU win this will marginally improve the coefficient of all English clubs in CL or EL for the next 5 seasons.

For this reason only I hope they win with their usual luck. Preferably a penalty awarded for simulation which strikes the woodwork twice but clearly fails to cross the line. And at least 2 reds for each side would not be amiss.

The significance of the coefficient is that it may be critical to a club not in Europe for 5 years for seeding in the 4th qualifying round of the EL, or for deciding whether a club falls in pot 3 or 4 in the group stage.

If you cannot stick a win even for that then a drawn match after extra time, losing the trophy on penalties, would be worth half the coefficient increase.

• Members

If ManU win this will marginally improve the coefficient of all English clubs in CL or EL for the next 5 seasons.

For this reason only I hope they win with their usual luck. Preferably a penalty awarded for simulation which strikes the woodwork twice but clearly fails to cross the line. And at least 2 reds for each side would not be amiss.

The significance of the coefficient is that it may be critical to a club not in Europe for 5 years for seeding in the 4th qualifying round of the EL, or for deciding whether a club falls in pot 3 or 4 in the group stage.

If you cannot stick a win even for that then a drawn match after extra time, losing the trophy on penalties, would be worth half the coefficient increase.

I suppose I could cope with them losing on pens. That'd hurt them even more and there'd be tears aplenty.

However, not sure my heart could take it. I therefore have to stick with my first choice of a total and utter humiliation. A proper drubbing. 5-0 or something similar.

Barca will win

However my hatred for Liverpool is that high i probably want united to win just cos it will really annoy the scousers (sorry). Not growing up or living in Bolton means i dont have have the same hatred for united as a lot of you. Used to not like them, still probably dont like them however liverpool fans are something else to the point where i see anything that really pisses them as a decent thing. Really enjoyed coming into work the day after united won league (some liverpool fans are now apparently starting a campaign to get league titles during the war recognsied so theyd have 20- cunts).

• Site Supporter

christ, i bet you're fun a parties.

Barca for me.

Fingers cross the team coach crashes also

It did in Dream Team once so it is possible.

I am going to put a couple of bets on United 2-1 and Hernandez first goal so I cant lose eiter way.

Can some kind soul please post the best odds for those 2 bets as I cannot access betting sites at work? Gracias.

• Site Supporter

Don't usually comment on football related aspects of this site, as my idea of a good match is one where I can't even remember if we won or not never mind was it 442 451 and all that, and so don't really care just read the discussions on here with interest, however, had to comment on this, can't believe this question is up for discussion, can't for the life of me understand why any Bolton fan would want anything other than a 10 nil victory for Barcelona, phrases like "our lot"??? :blink: they are not our fuckin lot, and whoever said it'll piss Liverpool fans off as an excuse, well maybe it will, but not as much as it will or should, piss Bolton fans of if that shower win. 10-0 to barca for me please.

• Moderators

Don't usually comment on football related aspects of this site, as my idea of a good match is one where I can't even remember if we won or not never mind was it 442 451 and all that, and so don't really care just read the discussions on here with interest, however, had to comment on this, can't believe this question is up for discussion, can't for the life of me understand why any Bolton fan would want anything other than a 10 nil victory for Barcelona, phrases like "our lot"??? :blink: they are not our fuckin lot, and whoever said it'll piss Liverpool fans off as an excuse, well maybe it will, but not as much as it will or should, piss Bolton fans of if that shower win. 10-0 to barca for me please.

i thought you lot were all reds, seamus

• Site Supporter

i thought you lot were all reds, seamus

irish roots, Breightmet upbringing. Results are clear. White wins over red but spuds bacon and cabbage win over pudding chips and gravy :D

Just cant beleive that some 'bolton fans' are contemplating wanting the dmb,s to get anything apart from a good hiding , all this sudden barca are a horrible club bolux coming from the semi-final .

did all the dmb lovers feel sorry for evans when he smashed holdens leg .

GET A GRIP . or a pink shirt .

Guest Biff

Why would you want the coach to crash? :blink:

Exactly. They made more than enough capital out of a plane crash. They would really go to town on a coach crash.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.