Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Villa 0 Trotters 2 League Cup 3rd rnd

Ratwhite

well done to the team tonight, great result wheater back in and a clean sheet, coincidence ? me thinks not, really hope we have seen the end of knight for a while at least, I will be gutted if he plays sat,muamba needs to stay in also then we will have a fighting chance

• Site Supporter

taken from the BBC match report

Soon after Bolton keeper Stuart Holden made a crucial near-post stop to block Agbonlahor's shot from Albrighton's dipping centre.

:roll:

Just listened to a bit of post-match stuff on an unknown radio channel as I came home a few minutes ago.

It went like:

We've got Bolton fan <Insert name of him here> travelling back from Villa. What do you think of the match?

It was really good to see holden back in action and the whole team did really well.

Ah yes, Holden, first game back after a long injury. Do you think he'll be pushing for a place in the England team?

Er, he's American!

Oh, right.

just seen the goals now, did you notice for the second goal how easily dunne barged davies out of the way??

Davies looks completely lost at the minute. He runs like there is lead in his boots and each time the ball goes near him he goes for the foul.

Just got back from game.

Top performance. Looked twice the team we have done recently. Holden absolutely bossed it.

We played 4-5-1. N'Gog on his own up front. Looked solid.

Same line-up for Saturday, but Petrov in for Kakuta and I'd like to see NRC, Holden and M.Davies in centre.

Changed my prediction - had a dream last night we would win 2-0, Ngog scoring the first.

I'm off to put a few bob on it...

...if it comes off, we also lost 7-0 to Arsenal straight after in the same dream. Swings and roundabouts.

good call! i reckon you got better odds for 2-0 tonight than you will for 0-7 at the weekend

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.