Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Happy Wanderer

Its beyond belief the recovery he is making and the speed of it. What a fantastic lad and family.

Born in the Congo with his Dad being hunted by rebel soldiers he's bloody lucky to be alive already. I also find it interesting how he has the best qualifications out of all the bolton players as he managed to get 3 A-levels at a time when he probably already knew he was going to make a living in football. These things tend to happen to the nicest of people and ive been over the moon with his recovery. Gona get a ticket and travel up from the south for our next game whenever it may be. Never been so proud to be a Wanderer and the sense of community that has come out of this awful incident.

Saw someone post this before and second that it would make a cracking song for the next game.

He's coming back home

He's coming back hooome

Frabice Muamba.....he's coming back home :)

`Footballer Fabrice Muamba is taking his first steps to recovery after suffering a cardiac arrest at the weekend, his manager has said.

The 23-year-old remains in intensive care at the London Chest Hospital after collapsing during an FA Cup match on Saturday.

Bolton Wanderers manager Owen Coyle said he had spoken directly to the midfielder, whom he described as a "fighter", as he continues to show signs of recovery.`

MSN just now

Just watched a report on former footballer St?le Solbakken.

Had an heart attack during training and was pronounced clinically dead by doctors, but he's been manager of Copenhagen and now in charge of FC K?ln.

On the flip side there is Antonio Puerta of Sevilla who died three days after having cardiac arrests.

From what I've heard and seen, Muamba may not have a professional football career and still is unwell, but I hope he can go on to use his skills in the game.

I'm not a hypochondriac, but things like this do make you think about things, life isn't meant to end when you're so young, Fab is a fighter, I hope he sees what love the world has shown, it's been amazing how much support has been given.

Edit: Thanks NB :blush:

Edited by Didledee

I'm sorry, but that made me titter. :D

Oops, must have been Muamba's earlier diagnosis of critically that made me accidentally put that instead of clinically.

He's been in my thoughts since Saturday, I've been watching Sky Sports News and reading forums from so many other football clubs, from Stoke, to United, to Blackburn, etc etc, I lost a lot of interest in Bolton due to our form, not in the club, but like not watching football news or highlights because of it making me feel bad, but now all I feel is pride and football is nothing compared to seeing decent people sharing compassion and hope for a persons well being.

Don't even know why, could of easily put a Spurs player on the back but I got an England shirt with Muamba on the back today.

Hello to you lot by the way, as you probably guessed I'm a Spurs fan! Hope you're all well.

Welcome, Spurs fans deserve a lot of credit since this happened. Triffic gesture by yourself also!

IF fab isnt able to play professionally, i hope that bolton offer him some role in the club as a coach or something. Id also like to see the number 6 shirt retired for gary speed and fab in honour.

IF, i hope ot doesnt come to it.

I remember reading last year (in the build up to Wembley, was it in the programme?) that he's doing a degree and wanted to do something with that after he finished playing football. May just be my memory playing tricks on me.

If so, at least he has something he wants to do if he can't come back and play.

I remember reading last year (in the build up to Wembley, was it in the programme?) that he's doing a degree and wanted to do something with that after he finished playing football. May just be my memory playing tricks on me.

You're right. He said something about wanting "Dr" in front of his name(not a medical one).

I think he wanted to be an accountant. He seems far too much fun for that :D

• Moderators

Think it's a degree in accountancy at the open university or something

Really not your average footballer

You're right. He said something about wanting "Dr" in front of his name(not a medical one).

I think he wanted to be an accountant. He seems far too much fun for that :D

Well, given the story of his background to coming into the UK and into football, and given the drama behind his trauma and (hopefully full) recovery he can dine out on the proceeds from an autobiography :good:

Think it's a degree in accountancy at the open university or something

Really not your average footballer

Yeah that was it, I'm sure. It certainly goes against the all footballers are stupid stereotype people have.

I know he wasn't planning to give it up at 23 but at least it is something there for him to do if he can't play. Can imagine most 23 year olds haven't even thought about what they'll do when they retire.