Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

1923 Cup Final Programme

freds dad

I heard a story about it pissing down at Wembley that day and people were putting them over there heads to keep dry, hence the shortage of the said programme in good condition.

My Great Grandad went to this game and my Grandad always told me how it was so crammed in Wembley that his Dad couldn't get his sarnies out of his pocket or have a piss.

Managed to get a copy of the 1923 programme on a school trip from St Simon & Judes in 70s. Long day out on a coach that but let us go up the steps and lift a (not the) cup with crowd noise coming out the speakers. Always remember it.

Probably couldn't pass it off as the real thing although might have a pop on ebay and see what happens.

on a program theme....

im sure ive mentioned this on here before,but my dads mate has a program from the filth v rapid vienna 1958 played in munich,and is signed by every player from both sides and the officials....you dont need me to tell you the significance...

the fa offered him 10k in 1995...he turned it down,and its now its in a safe somewhere for his grandkids inheritance....

red star belgrade?

they refuelled in munich

on a program theme....

im sure ive mentioned this on here before,but my dads mate has a program from the filth v rapid vienna 1958 played in munich,and is signed by every player from both sides and the officials....you dont need me to tell you the significance...

the fa offered him 10k in 1995...he turned it down,and its now its in a safe somewhere for his grandkids inheritance....

on a program theme....

Think he should cash in now - I would have thought that there must be a time (probably not long off) when the significance of the event starts tailing off, thus reducing its value

Think he should cash in now - I would have thought that there must be a time (probably not long off) when the significance of the event starts tailing off, thus reducing its value

I think the Man Utd Gravy train will disagree with you.