Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 2 Leeds 2

miamiwhite

Mounts, if we could cope with pressure and keep teams out we'd never have been relegated in the first place.

None of our problems are new, unexpected problems. I've never, ever, seen a team crumble so badly when put under the cosh. It doesn't matter seem to matter who plays at full back or who plays at centre back, we just cannot cope with teams putting us under the cosh.

Tranmere are 7 places below us!

Watched that game last night sober as a judge and can only echo sentiments already passed by spider.

We should of won that game by two or three.

Anyone knocking Kevin Davies by the way,he scored 2 goals what more do you want?

Can totally understand everyones mood at the minute,but without the back drop of recent fixtures,that game last night wasnt that bad IMO.

We controlled a fired up Leeds team for large parts of the game.

Edited by gonzo

Awful defending again. Zat Knight is an accident waiting to happen. For every good thing he does you know there is a disaster coming, I just dont think he inspires any confidence and yet arguably hes been our best defender! Partnered by Mills who is blind panic in posession and Mears we are just so vulnerable to concede soft goals. Even against poor sides, with little mobility up top, we look likely to concede.

Leeds didnt make one substitution last night, they had no pace up front, yet we still cant cope, and were lucky in the end to get away with a point. Diouf should have scored with the space he had.

We controlled a fired up Leeds team for large parts of the game.

... yet still conceded two goals and were a lick of paint away from conceding three.

It's all good and well dominating teams for large spells, but we all know by now that at some point during a match the opposition will have their time to put us under pressure... and unfortunately we KNOW that we'll concede.

We shouldn't have to score three goals to win a game but that's what we have to do. It's not a good foundation.

• Moderators

Anyone knocking Kevin Davies by the way,he scored 2 goals what more do you want?

all sorts

not least, some movement, some pace and a threat on occasions other than set pieces

i'd have scored the first one

fcuk me, eagles is good

... yet still conceded two goals and were a lick of paint away from conceding three.

It's all good and well dominating teams for large spells, but we all know by now that at some point during a match the opposition will have their time to put us under pressure... and unfortunately we KNOW that we'll concede.

We shouldn't have to score three goals to win a game but that's what we have to do. It's not a good foundation.

Totally agree mate...

Its like a given we have to concede...pretty much 2 in 5 minutes again.

Just trying to be positive! .....

Some cunt back in to my new car on Scotts aswell...didnt cause any damage,but I nearly damaged the chirpy cunt in the back seats face in the car behind him!

Just trying to be positive! .....

I know pal/bruv :D

Trouble is Coyle will make a big thing about taking the positives from the game (ie 'showing spirit and coming back from a goal behind, blah, blah, blah) rather than addressing the negatives.

I'm pissed off. I may toss my signed BWFC out of my window onto the car park.

I think confidence is the key there, last night we were excellent in the first half and on another day would have been 4 up.

The wind blows in a different direction, heads drop, usuals revert to form, boss makes unfathomable substitutions, Plan B never materialises, and the snowball gets bigger.

There's not one significant thing Coyle can be blamed for, but a series of smaller things add up to the point were you've got to question whether one man can have so much bad luck over so long a period or is he actually out of his depth.

For me its the latter.

Shame really becuase I dont doubt the blokes commitment to the Club but Spazzy Darren would give 100% too.

• Site Supporter

Watching other games on TV; when there's a stoppage of play, one of the players jogs over to the technical area for tactical changes, usually being read from a bit of paper by the coach or manager. We don't get that at Bolton perhaps because changing tactics in reaction to how the opponents line up is not a concept OC wishes to partake in. He'd much sooner bury his head in the proverbial sand bucket.

I think confidence is the key there, last night we were excellent in the first half and on another day would have been 4 up.

The wind blows in a different direction, heads drop, usuals revert to form, boss makes unfathomable substitutions, Plan B never materialises, and the snowball gets bigger.

There's not one significant thing Coyle can be blamed for, but a series of smaller things add up to the point were you've got to question whether one man can have so much bad luck over so long a period or is he actually out of his depth.

For me its the latter.

Shame really becuase I dont doubt the blokes commitment to the Club but Spazzy Darren would give 100% too.

I don't disagree with any of that, except ........... if Coyle really loved the club, he'd have resigned by now. Most fans think he's been out of his depth for 18 months and he's continuing to sink the club further with every week.

I don't disagree with any of that, except ........... if Coyle really loved the club, he'd have resigned by now. Most fans think he's been out of his depth for 18 months and he's continuing to sink the club further with every week.

I don't think that's realistic to be honest

He will still believe in his ability to turn it around, as belief appears to be his overall mantra

Nothing wrong with that

You can blame him for being a bad Manager, but not for not falling on his sword

This is where PG needs to earn his corn

Pay attention

I don't post match reports, so this matters.

We have the best squad in the league. We made Leeds look very very shit and were head and shoulders above them in terms of individual talent.

What we lack, is a good manager. A good manager would take us up with room to spare.

He HAS to go, and now. A shame, but here you go. I don't hate him, I'm gutted he's not the man.

Correct!

Because our squad in this division is so good it means that even though we're badly managed we will look good in spells & sometimes for the odd whole game.

The fact is because of the way they're organised we can't keep a clean sheet & we can't generally keep hold of a lead.

A decent manager will have us back up in the play off positions very quickly.

On the players front IMO we can do a lot better then Bogdan, I like Warnock & even Knight & Mills will be good at this level if properly organised. 4-4-2 with a bunch of fanny merchants in midfield will never work, Sordell is better than Afobe & Davies' days of being a 90m player contributing an all round performance are gone. See, problems solved!

We should and easily could, piss this division.

i got slated for showing my concern over pre season performances, well heres to the ones who did it "fuck you, i was right once again"

sack that cunt ffs

well that implies you are never wrong which in itself is incorrect.

however, speaking as one who said he shoukld be given time i`m beginning to lose patience.

he still doesn`t seem to have the first idea what his best 11 is which is worrying considering its october

i still feel there`s time. if we are floating around in mid table by december then it`s do-able but im not quite as sure we will be as i was

because eagles is playing on the left

Eagles looks our best player at the moment, so he stays.

We are trying play 4 in midfield, 3 places left, Andrews and Spearing seem to have the central positions sorted.

This leaves the wide right position, Mark d is the first name for this position. OC wants to change things round, but he sticks to the 4 4 2.

So he takes one of spearing or andrews off, moves Mark d into the centre, eagles to the right and petrov to the left, so in one move he has subbed one player who he selected in his best 11 and then moved 2 others from the position he selected then for originally.

We now have mark d playing centre, a position where if he gets the ball by the oppositions area he can be a threat but he is also contstantly chasign the game and teams find space behind him, this means we build no pressure because teams push into the space.

Eagles on the right where he is a lot less effective and Petrov who looked totally disinterested, even when we scored off his corner he just walked back did not celebrate.

Andrews/Spearing (whichever one is left on is now adjusting to playing with a different type of player and having to cover, pros should be able to adopt so should nt be a problem but it seems to be every week.

All of a sudden we have lost any fluidity and start playing long balls to skd.

For 30 minutes last we bossed the game, they cut out the supply to eagles and we struggled, part of that is the lack of options down the right. (Mears gets slated but when he gets the ball there is no one there).

So back to the original problem, we need to change the game, you can either reorganise the whole of the midfield including moving your most dangerous player away for his position.....OR bring CYL on.

CYL was fit enough to come on when we were trying to defend a lead v west brom last season but now he does nt get on when we are crying out for some width on the right.

It is in simple terms.................FUCKING CRAZY................

It is in simple terms.................FUCKING CRAZY................

Agree entirely with that last part Ani. I thought we had a bit of momentum prior to the substitution and I might have left it a few more mins. While we ended up salvaging something, I couldn't understand why he took Spearing off and moved players from their natural positions. I have to say I'm not convinced with Andrews from what I've seen, he chases a lot of shadows and his presence forces Mavies to play away from his best position as central attacking midfielder. Dare I say that Pratley might be a better alternative.

I'd feel better if Coyle drafted in a new set of backroom staff including first team coach and defensive coach but he has his mates/is stubborn and ultimately, it's better if he left asap.

Dont give a fuck if SK FUCKIN D scored 4 last night, he shouldnt be in the team! Paul Scoles is 36 now and was a world class player Bacon face uses him sparingly cause hes past his best. He scored 2 goals that were harder to miss due to the quality of the cross (Eagles and Petrov) and did fuck all else. Kevin Davies was and always will be a carthorse who is playing every week for this dickhead! Talk about flogging a dead horse. We need to take him out put and extra man in midfield to protect our shite defenders. 106 games 6 clean sheets is a fuckin disgrace at any level. Alladyce saw his strengths and used him to bring our quality player in with his flickons. Those attacking midfielders are long gone so we need to change tactic. It showed last night that when we pass the ball we can tear teams apart. Use him as plan B and go more direct if things are going tits up. Oh and Mills and Mears being any where near our starting eleven is a joke. Its so fuckin obvious but the mans a tactical desert. Petrovs reaction when we scored the second said it all he down walked back to his own half. CYL Petrov and Ricketts should not be on the bench! Petrov on the right what a fuckwit! Im going to need sectioning if this prick is allowed to continue.

Dont give a fuck if SK FUCKIN D scored 4 last night, he shouldnt be in the team! Paul Scoles is 36 now and was a world class player Bacon face uses him sparingly cause hes past his best. He scored 2 goals that were harder to miss due to the quality of the cross (Eagles and Petrov) and did fuck all else. Kevin Davies was and always will be a carthorse who is playing every week for this dickhead! Talk about flogging a dead horse. We need to take him out put and extra man in midfield to protect our shite defenders. 106 games 6 clean sheets is a fuckin disgrace at any level. Alladyce saw his strengths and used him to bring our quality player in with his flickons. Those attacking midfielders are long gone so we need to change tactic. It showed last night that when we pass the ball we can tear teams apart. Use him as plan B and go more direct if things are going tits up. Oh and Mills and Mears being any where near our starting eleven is a joke. Its so fuckin obvious but the mans a tactical desert. Petrovs reaction when we scored the second said it all he down walked back to his own half. CYL Petrov and Ricketts should not be on the bench! Petrov on the right what a fuckwit! Im going to need sectioning if this prick is allowed to continue.

Someone's been on the full sugar Ribena.