Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Craig Dawson

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter

Showed more goal threat in ten first half minutes (and six inches shorter) than ZK shown in three seasons.

Centre halfs (traditionally) are/should be a "threat" at set pieces (see Cahill/Wheater).

Anyway. He's got my vote.

What about a Ream/Dawson combo?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was ok. No better than Knight yesterday who I thought had a good game, especially in the first half when he won two vital headers when he was sandwiched between two Burnley players who'd obviously been instructed to hassle him.

Thought Dawson looked better midweek, but we'll see after a few more games....

If he'd been fit all season we wouldn't be where we are. Not a world beater but would have adjusted to this league better than most.

Saw a lot of Dawson at Rochdale over the season they got promoted then when theye had the one season where they did well in League 1. He got into double figures for goals in both of those seasons. Scored plenty of them with headers at set pieces but can shoot as well, has a bit of Cahill about him

Edited by ianofrochdale

• 3 weeks later...

He's been very good, he keeps it simple, does the basics well and his goals are a bonus.

I couldn't understand last night when we were leading that Knight went up for a set piece whilst he stayed back, surely Dawson has matched Knight's overall goal tally already?

A lad I know has just backed him to be our top scorer at 50/1 with Paddy Power. Eagles is leading with 7 at the moment.

• Moderators

He's been very good, he keeps it simple, does the basics well and his goals are a bonus.

I couldn't understand last night when we were leading that Knight went up for a set piece whilst he stayed back, surely Dawson has matched Knight's overall goal tally already?

A lad I know has just backed him to be our top scorer at 50/1 with Paddy Power. Eagles is leading with 7 at the moment.

we were leading 1-0

there were a few minutes to go

who would you prefer to have defending if they broke?

• Members

scores goals yes, but is he a decent defender? not sure yet.

i know he's really fuckin slow though.

I'm not sure why we get so hung up on whether a defender has pace or not. If a defender's good enough then a lack of pace can be compensated for. John Terry has always been painfully slow but he's not had a bad career. A good defender should be able to read the game. That's why Gudni seemed to get better the older (and slower) he got.

A bad defender is one who has to rely on his pace to get a last-ditch tackle in.