Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coyles Shit

anewman

I have an unhealthy obsession with wanting Coyle to fail. Partly driven by the fear of him doing well for those wankers. Seeing Coyle fall flat on his face will come a close second to us having a successful season.

I can't answer that, but I can offer you this quote from the Wigan forum, courtesy of someone who went to see OC in Wigan's version of the fans forum...

'Coyle also comes across that he wont take any ******** from the players .. he also said that to be fair to Bolton .. he has inherited a far superior squad to any that he had there.'

I can't answer that, but I can offer you this quote from the Wigan forum, courtesy of someone who went to see OC in Wigan's version of the fans forum...

'Coyle also comes across that he wont take any ******** from the players .. he also said that to be fair to Bolton .. he has inherited a far superior squad to any that he had there.'

Aye that means when they say they want to train, he will read the riot act then back to ping pong. Then probably a trip to pizza hut! (going off Mark Davies last summer)

Gotta say im worried about Wigan doing well this season. I rate Mcmanaman and Maloney and Coyle's signings this transfer window dont seem that bad.

Anyway, shit we are left with Mears, Ream....erm Ngog

If they get off to a good start they'll do well. Coyle is a one trick pony. When the team is doing well, he breeds confidence and keeps the ball rolling. When it's going badly is when he gets found out as he doesn't seem to have a clue how to sort it out.

If they get off to a good start they'll do well. Coyle is a one trick pony. When the team is doing well, he breeds confidence and keeps the ball rolling. When it's going badly is when he gets found out as he doesn't seem to have a clue how to sort it out.

In One

Indeed up to the stoke debacle he was the best thing since sliced bread and Garty was a genius for recommend him to burnley to train him up to take the wanderers job (or an idiot who should've appointed him 1st time round instead of Megson).

all down hill from there

Gotta say im worried about Wigan doing well this season. I rate Mcmanaman and Maloney and Coyle's signings this transfer window dont seem that bad.

N'Gog had more ability than anyone in the Wigan squad

Just hope he stays fit

Coyle inherited a better team in 2011 than he has at Wigan. We just fed off his positivity for 4 months until it became tiresome. Regardless of the players he has at Wigan, he doesn't know how to use them. As proved with Muamba being on the bench constantly in his last four months with us. I've no doubt they will start well, but once his constant chirpyness wears thin and the players become knackered around December with the europa league, it will fall to pieces.

Inherited such a great squad he's only had to sign 9 new players.......

Wigan will start well, then their Euro exploits will kick in, Coyles fitness regime will tell, they will get dicked in Europe, and then go on a downward spiral, it´s the Coyle way.

Hope your right. Coyle is definately one of those managers who has a 'purple patch' when his positivity rubs off on the players. But his shit tatics puts that to an end soon, as we unfortunately saw.

I think a lot of Coyles successful periods were down to luck I remember a purple patch in his early period at Bolton and the games we won could so easily have been won by the opposition, his signings at Wigan are mish mash and seem to be a manic and scattergun approach, personally speaking I can't ever see him being a success as a manager over a long period. This is not sour grapes its based on observing him closely over his period at Bolton and his pre-season with Wigan.