Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 2 Derby 2

leigh white

• Moderators

I'm at the stage where I reckon it's not the actual personnel, it's the prep, the confidence, the teamwork and the execution/application

which would be pretty much the same problems/situation we had under Coyle

cept they are polar opposite management/training styles

which would be pretty much the same problems/situation we had under Coyle

cept they are polar opposite management/training styles

I'm not saying DF isn't addressing these things

More so that when we get them right we'll be ok

I'm sure the prep is meticulous with Lennie and co for example, but at the moment it's like watching England; they're all scared to make a mistake, no belief in each other and the crowd are just waiting for summat to go wrong

Put any one or two of these players in a different environment - a place where they're confident etc and I bet they'd not look out of place

I'm sure the prep is meticulous with Lennie and co for example, but at the moment it's like watching England; they're all scared to make a mistake, no belief in each other and the crowd are just waiting for summat to go wrong

Put any one or two of these players in a different environment - a place where they're confident etc and I bet they'd not look out of place

Hence the curse theory!

I blame the collywobbles.

Lose tonight and its good night Vienna, he has to go

All these quality, out of work managers. They'll be queuing up to come and manage us with no transfer budget at all and at a club developing a rep for hiring and firing. Sure we'll get a quality appointment in no time.

Saying that, I say go for Megson, he'll do a job.

I think our record against these is worse than against any other club - starting with the 3-6 on day 1 in 1888, they've beaten us something like twice as many times as we've beaten them. Everton have a similar hold over us. Hard to explain really - until very recently we'd beaten United and Chelsea, for example, more than they'd beaten us over the years. One of those strange stats. All the more reason to ram a few past em tonight.

COYW!

I think our record against these is worse than against any other club - starting with the 3-6 on day 1 in 1888, they've beaten us something like twice as many times as we've beaten them. Everton have a similar hold over us. Hard to explain really - until very recently we'd beaten United and Chelsea, for example, more than they'd beaten us over the years. One of those strange stats. All the more reason to ram a few past em tonight.

COYW!

That 1-3 at home to Derby in 2002 that Gardner scored in was one of the most miserable games Ive ever been to 

• Moderators

aye, again to me, bit like Coyle, but the opposite...

no doubt his style cost us our place in the PL, but at one point, it has us flying high and got us to cup semi and all that - so what he did, worked for a time (and it did at Burnley)

then it went wrong, and he couldn't turn it round

DF is doing everything Coyle didn't, and it's not working this season just yet, though we saw last season it did, for us and palace

something is missing, something hasn't clicked yet