Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 1 Wigan 1

Ratwhite

Interesting comments on the match. From this distance, all I can say is that we continue to scrabble, crawl and limp towards a safe finishing position.

Hopefully I'll see some solid improvement when I get back next week - although based largely on players who might not be here next season. An interesting summer of post-mortem and squad re-building beckons.

But that's you disagreeing with the rule

the rules state that was a red card.

and it doesn't matter if it was Mr Blobby or Usain Bolt going through on goal, the referee doesn't make his decision based on the ability or speed of the player.

Aye ref is there to enforce the rules not to make them up.

It was one of the highlights of this season that save I nearly walked out in a huff when it was given, well worth getting damp for. :)

I nearly did too

As it happened when he save it I went on a 20 yard run in celebration at the Wiggin lot

Passion at home...it felt good. And I'd not had a single beer :)

I nearly did too

As it happened when he save it I went on a 20 yard run in celebration at the Wiggin lot

Passion at home...it felt good. And I'd not had a single beer :)

It goes to show passion on the pitch is then reflected by the crowd, in fairness to our support we have had 3-4 years of lack of passion on the pitch were doing well to have average of 15k home fans after the rubbish that's been dished up.

I disagree that it was a red card offence. I think the demand for consistency in the game means we forget that the best referees apply sense to the law. I also disagree with the rule being applied how it is, it's a personal crusade against games being ruined by red cards being issued for genuine attempts by the defender to win the ball.

Having said that, if I see it again from another perspective I might change my mind. Not seen it since live.

Was disappointed when I saw the team selection so pleased to see the tactical plan come off. I'm a big fan of 4-4-2 with our present players but adaptability is important and yesterday we did it.

Wigan are still clearly desperate to be considered Bolton's arch rival. In my mind the best they are achieving is being treated in the same category as Blackpool, Burnley, Preston.

Was disappointed when I saw the team selection so pleased to see the tactical plan come off. I'm a big fan of 4-4-2 with our present players but adaptability is important and yesterday we did it.

Wigan are still clearly desperate to be considered Bolton's arch rival. In my mind the best they are achieving is being treated in the same category as BURY.

Wigan are still clearly desperate to be considered Bolton's arch rival. In my mind the best they are achieving is being treated in the same category as Blackpool, Burnley, Preston.

They have this very very unhealthy obsession with us. Best way to deal with it is ignore them. I class the other 90 clubs more of a rival than these.

ream didn't have much covered in that last half hour

couldnt get near their winger who beat him time after time

What's with the avatar?