Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

How Long?

scallywell

I'm not sure about this whole "we can't afford to sack him" theory.

If we did sack him, along with LL and CF then wouldn't we just pay them up the rest of their contracts, therefore to the end of this season?

If that is all we pay and there are no other costs then the actual sacking is costing us no more than keeping him would, in effect we pay exactly the same either way.

The extra costs come in to play in hiring the new manager and his staff, we would basically be paying the new mans wages on top of paying the current lot for 9 more months.

I don't know what the going rate for a manager and his staff is but let's say that we pluck someone from a smaller club or out of work and him, his assistant and coach are on £1m a year combined that's an additional cost for the 9 months of £750k. Not huge and could easily be covered by getting 1 of the remaining high earners off the wage bill or managing to sell one of the current squad.

I'm not sure about this whole "we can't afford to sack him" theory.

If we did sack him, along with LL and CF then wouldn't we just pay them up the rest of their contracts, therefore to the end of this season?

If that is all we pay and there are no other costs then the actual sacking is costing us no more than keeping him would, in effect we pay exactly the same either way.

The extra costs come in to play in hiring the new manager and his staff, we would basically be paying the new mans wages on top of paying the current lot for 9 more months.

I don't know what the going rate for a manager and his staff is but let's say that we pluck someone from a smaller club or out of work and him, his assistant and coach are on £1m a year combined that's an additional cost for the 9 months of £750k. Not huge and could easily be covered by getting 1 of the remaining high earners off the wage bill or managing to sell one of the current squad.

On the other hand less to spend

On the other hand less to spend

Yeah, it's exactly that. I suppose it comes down to the question of do we want another player with this manager, or do we want 1 less player with a new manager?

I know what my (and I'm guessing most peoples) answer would be

"We'd like to thank Mr Freedman for being a good accountant and slashing the wage bill"

The main point with all this 'he has slashed the wage bill shit' is that any fucker could have done it.

You either try and tempt the high earners out, get another club interested or just wait until their contract has expired. Its the latter with must so the muppet that is Dougie Freedman has done fuck all

What he has done is bring in cunts like Beckford who will be on a nice earner at BWFC; he is only here for the money and doesn't give a shit

The rest of his signings have mostly been shit and he doesn't seem to know what he is doing.

Sack the cunt now and put Anewman in charge

Yeah, it's exactly that. I suppose it comes down to the question of do we want another player with this manager, or do we want 1 less player with a new manager?

I know what my (and I'm guessing most peoples) answer would be

I suppose if the cash is spent badly it does not matter