Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rossler.....

Henry_VIII

• Site Supporter

What's wring with that??

I went for a chinky take away the other day am I now a racist?

Makes me fuckin sick

It's one thing nipping round to the chinky or the paki shop or whatever terms you would use but it's a completely different thing waiting until Sky News, BBC and ITV News cameras are in your office because they just know you're a dinosaur who'll slip up while those cameras zoom in on your mouth just for the avoidance of any doubt about whose mouth the words are coming from.

Whilst I don't think Whelan is any more racist than any other person who grew up in a society where such terms were accepted even if not acceptable, he ought to know that in his position.

• Site Supporter

The 10 a penny ones in the golf club don't opt to do it on National telly. The fact the cameras were there meant they were looking for a story.

Malky McCay had done much the same but by text. If Whelan had done his homework during the selection process or even just spoke to Malky about the issues I'm sure he'd have 'got' that what you could say twenty years ago isn't the same as today. If he then ignores that warning, which it seems he did, then he's a knob.