Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators

If zach Clough doesn't get sold in the next few days it would be like Half the Embankment not getting sold back in the 80's.

This deal could save the club. £3 million could buy us enough time to lower the wage bill further and sell a bit more stuff make ends meet.

We either sell him and save the club for a bit or don't and he walks away for free when the shit hits the fans.

Then I feel sorry for ZC as you know he won't want to sign for Bristol City

Why would he?

Other than to save the club

If this is how it has to be I hope for his sake someone decent comes in for him

No you don't - you get battered on here for being a boring and predictable.

Boring and predictable? That's rich from the arch happy clapper who doesn't even go to most matches! And before you start bleating about your personal circumstances I don't care. If you went every week the hope might have drained out out of you by now. Hope you manage to get to a few games next season, you and club deserve each other

If zach Clough doesn't get sold in the next few days it would be like Half the Embankment not getting sold back in the 80's.

This deal could save the club. £3 million could buy us enough time to lower the wage bill further and sell a bit more stuff make ends meet.

We either sell him and save the club for a bit or don't and he walks away for free when the shit hits the fans.

Agreed. It's just that some people don't seem to realise this

Agreed. It's just that some people don't seem to realise this

Tis true. But its a very awkward position for Zach to be in unless someone else comes in. I don't expect him to go to Brizzle just to save the club. He needs to do what is best for him. Then if he stays and the club goes bust, will folk blame him for not going?

It's fine to say that, but we really have no idea what has happened, so a little unfair. We hear about ill health, and that would change anyone's priorities. Time for a little extra understanding, in my view. Whatever the negative outcome, I'm sure he'll have done his best.

Well you are free to give a little extra understanding. I won't be. And if that makes me a bitter boring predictable broken clock then so be it. Astounding that folk still look to defend the board. Holding off criticising ED because he has lost money but the way he is pulling out is a living nightmare.

Really hope the supporters trust can go from strength to strength and be there to pick up the pieces when this lot who have been in charge finally fuck off.

Well you are free to give a little extra understanding. I won't be. And if that makes me a bitter boring predictable broken clock then so be it. Astounding that folk still look to defend the board. Holding off criticising ED because he has lost money but the way he is pulling out is a living nightmare.

Really hope the supporters trust can go from strength to strength and be there to pick up the pieces when this lot who have been in charge finally fuck off.

I'm with you on this 100%.

Boring and predictable? That's rich from the arch happy clapper who doesn't even go to most matches! And before you start bleating about your personal circumstances I don't care. If you went every week the hope might have drained out out of you by now. Hope you manage to get to a few games next season, you and club deserve each other

Sorry - I meant boring, predictable and tedious.

No, I acknowledge how you feel and have no criticism of it at all.

Don't think it has any bearing on matters how any of us feel about it/the past.

It amazes me that the regime that got us into this sorry state has got off so lightly - and that there aren't more like Mounts expressing their justifiable anger. What's the point some may argue, we are where we are etc. True, but unless we understand how we got here, how can we prevent it happening again? And surely there has to be some basic accountability and taking of responsibility? Phil Gartside is gravely ill. I wish him all the best, as all right minded people do. That doesn't stop us asking some basic questions though about what the fuck has been going on under his watch. And why, if he's stepped down, hasn't some other well paid director stepped up? Trevor Birch is trying to identify as many saleable assets as he can, he's not the chief executive. It's almost been left to Neil Lennon to play that role - and given he's struggling with the job he's being paid for (or not) at the moment, that doesn't make sense either. I've no idea what Terry Robinson is supposed to be doing that others on the board couldn't be doing. We've not heard a peep from any of the fuckers while this has been going on. Brett Warburton? More concerned with getting his loan back by all accounts. They've all been happy to take money out of the club - even when costs elsewhere have been slashed over the past couple of years - so why can't they meet this tax bill out of their own deep pockets? Pockets which are now a lot deeper thanks to their association with BWFC. And how did it come to this anyway -not being able to pay wages or tax bills, whilst allowing the manager to bring in half a dozen or more players in on loan or on contracts, even up to a couple of months ago? And where did the £2m Ream fee go?

How the fuck are we losing £1m a month when our wage bill is now reportedly about average for the league - having been slashed under Lennon, which has led to shite like Madine being brought in, which is why we're bottom of the league? (not that he hasn't made mistakes, brought players in who he then hasn't played etc). How are other clubs not losing that amount - especially as most of them haven't got parachute payments to rely on? And don't give me it's because they're all charging miles more for tickets than us - most aren't. And our ticket revenue is much less than our parachute payments anyway.

It's the same crazy economics which showed £20m and £30m losses a year over several years in the Premier League even when we were finishing a good 10 places higher than we'd apparently budgeted for (thus bringing in an extra £6m a year or so), with a wage bill which was always lower than our place in the league (apart from maybe our last season, but the debt had risen massively by then anyway) and at a time of rapidly rising TV revenues. As I said at the time, no other club of our size and income and expenditure was posting losses anything like that (in fact no club of our size was achieving what we were achieving, thanks to Allardyce's astute management - not Gartside's financial mismanagement). It didn't add up then and it doesn't add up now. And anybody who seriously thinks Eddie Davies has really lost £150m of his own money (when he was only ever worth about £100m according to rich lists), is deluding themselves. As Allardyce says in his autobiography, he's a tough, ruthless businessman who 'wanted a return'. Isn't it strange how his desire to be involved with BWFC has waned just as the Premier League and Sky taps have been turned off? Funny that.

• Moderators

It amazes me that the regime that got us into this sorry state has got off so lightly

Not sure what other outcome there could be other than what is happening

If we do owe 170m and ED will let it go, that's not getting away with it lightly

And they've not done anything illegal so it's not like they can be punished with jail or owt

So what other outcome could or should there be?

It amazes me that the regime that got us into this sorry state has got off so lightly - and that there aren't more like Mounts expressing their justifiable anger. What's the point some may argue, we are where we are etc. True, but unless we understand how we got here, how can we prevent it happening again? And surely there has to be some basic accountability and taking of responsibility? Phil Gartside is gravely ill. I wish him all the best, as all right minded people do. That doesn't stop us asking some basic questions though about what the fuck has been going on under his watch. And why, if he's stepped down, hasn't some other well paid director stepped up? Trevor Birch is trying to identify as many saleable assets as he can, he's not the chief executive. It's almost been left to Neil Lennon to play that role - and given he's struggling with the job he's being paid for (or not) at the moment, that doesn't make sense either. I've no idea what Terry Robinson is supposed to be doing that others on the board couldn't be doing. We've not heard a peep from any of the fuckers while this has been going on. Brett Warburton? More concerned with getting his loan back by all accounts. They've all been happy to take money out of the club - even when costs elsewhere have been slashed over the past couple of years - so why can't they meet this tax bill out of their own deep pockets? Pockets which are now a lot deeper thanks to their association with BWFC. And how did it come to this anyway -not being able to pay wages or tax bills, whilst allowing the manager to bring in half a dozen or more players in on loan or on contracts, even up to a couple of months ago? And where did the £2m Ream fee go?

How the fuck are we losing £1m a month when our wage bill is now reportedly about average for the league - having been slashed under Lennon, which has led to shite like Madine being brought in, which is why we're bottom of the league? (not that he hasn't made mistakes, brought players in who he then hasn't played etc). How are other clubs not losing that amount - especially as most of them haven't got parachute payments to rely on? And don't give me it's because they're all charging miles more for tickets than us - most aren't. And our ticket revenue is much less than our parachute payments anyway.

It's the same crazy economics which showed £20m and £30m losses a year over several years in the Premier League even when we were finishing a good 10 places higher than we'd apparently budgeted for (thus bringing in an extra £6m a year or so), with a wage bill which was always lower than our place in the league (apart from maybe our last season, but the debt had risen massively by then anyway) and at a time of rapidly rising TV revenues. As I said at the time, no other club of our size and income and expenditure was posting losses anything like that (in fact no club of our size was achieving what we were achieving, thanks to Allardyce's astute management - not Gartside's financial mismanagement). It didn't add up then and it doesn't add up now. And anybody who seriously thinks Eddie Davies has really lost £150m of his own money (when he was only ever worth about £100m according to rich lists), is deluding themselves. As Allardyce says in his autobiography, he's a tough, ruthless businessman who 'wanted a return'. Isn't it strange how his desire to be involved with BWFC has waned just as the Premier League and Sky taps have been turned off? Funny that.

Bang on! It's common fucking sense. None of it adds up. The accounts will doctored to suit.

• Site Supporter

Bang on! It's common fucking sense. None of it adds up. The accounts will doctored to suit.

Can do what you like within reason with a private limited company.. And not have to show the accounts in as much detail.

Either way.. He was allowed to take over and now the club is paying for it.