Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

10 Years Ago....

jeep

our equaliser was brilliant, us playing on while one of theres was rolling around the floor which we had to put up with all night

anyway, here's the predictions thread :D

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/17250-plovdiv-score-predictions/ 

and the team

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2005/matches/round=2208/match=81862/index.html

Edited by L/H White

T'was a great night....I remember a lovely Eastern European lady turning up in the PA Box about an hour before the game telling me that she was a UEFA interpreter and if I needed any help with pronunciations of the Plovdiv team she would gladly assist...(they had obviously heard that I was pretty crap at the job)

Me not wanting to have a hard time with names, I sat her down next to me, gave her another microphone and I said "I'll do the Bolton Team love and you can announce the Plovdiv team along with substitutions if that's ok"....She did an excellent job and at the end of the game I asked her what part of Bulgaria did she live in.....to which she replied....."Bulgaria?.I live on the the flower estate near Townleys"...... :give_rose:

We were both still laughing about it the morning after..... :nea:

Edited by reebokvoice

• Members

T'was a great night....I remember a lovely Eastern European lady turning up in the PA Box about an hour before the game telling me that she was a UEFA interpreter and if I needed any help with pronunciations of the Plovdiv team she would gladly assist...(they had obviously heard that I was pretty crap at the job)

Me not wanting to have a hard time with names, I sat her down next to me, gave her another microphone and I said "I'll do the Bolton Team love and you can announce the Plovdiv team along with substitutions if that's ok"....She did an excellent job and at the end of the game I asked her what part of Bulgaria did she live in.....to which she replied....."Bulgaria?.I live on the the flower estate near Townleys"...... :give_rose:

We were both still laughing about it the morning after..... :nea:

They used to call him Palais Playboy. I see you haven't changed C  ;)

• Site Supporter

Bulgaria was an ace trip. Landed at Sofia, had a 6 hour drive to Sunny Beach with no map - just followed signs for Bourgas and took it from there. Loads of old faces out for that.

Loved every minute of our euro away days. Every one of them superb in their own right, wouldn't like to say which was the best

Remember finding our way to the outskirts of some massive housing estate and some park. To say it was a tad moody would be an understatement.

There were gang of their lauta hools legging about everywhere. In the mele mad Pete ran into some big massive fat Bulgarian with a bald head and Plovdiv top on. He bent down,squashed Petes cheeks together with the palms of his hands and lifted him off the floor. He then calmly put him down and walked off haha