Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bbc Radio Manc 6-7Pm: Super John's On Talking About Bwfc

Cheese

Whether ED has pulled his investment or not is only a side issue here really IMO.

How can a club who spent 11 years in the Premier League, Europe etc and not spent a lot in transfer fees really, based on nett spend yet their debt increases substantially?! Where has the prize money gone?

Also, PG has made bad choice after bad choice with his appointments since Big Sam, we are now on the 5th one (who I believe to be the best choice) but its too little too late - in any other job, if you had made bad decisions time and time again that cost the company money and stature, you'd be out on your ear - yet PG still sits in his ivory tower.

The blame needs to sit on his shoulders and he needs to go.

Lennon has clearly been sold a line by PG about finance in order for him to take the job - and he's been hung out to dry. I feel sorry for him, he's a good manager, and can only work with what he is dealt. If he walked tomorrow, i wouldnt blame him in the slightest.

I think that is backed by the majority of fans, as with DF & OC, they were calling for their head by now, yet people understand NL's situation and it really isnt his fault.

We're in a mess, and its sad to see... unless something is done at the top, its not going to be rectified anytime soon.

The issues off the pitch are well documented, no statement or interview is going to change that.

If there wasn't the issues on the pitch we wouldn't even be discussing this.

IMO, there is no reason for this squad to be in the relegation positions, start winning games & there's not a supporter out there that would give a shit about the finances.

The players & management need a good hard look at themselves, they're underperforming & that's down to them, not the finances.

Because we're in the relegation positions, supporters are looking to the finances to buy our way out of the problem, even if we did splash some cash (which we can't) there's no guarantee that x, y or z would improve our situation. It could just expedite our off field problems.

Start winning games & they'll be a temporary stop to the moaning.

Again, it's down to the players & management, they need to start pulling their fingers out, because to be quite frank, some of them just aren't performing well enough or to their best. The shithouses!

This is where I'm at.

Whether ED has pulled his investment or not is only a side issue here really IMO.

How can a club who spent 11 years in the Premier League, Europe etc and not spent a lot in transfer fees really, based on nett spend yet their debt increases substantially?! Where has the prize money gone?

Also, PG has made bad choice after bad choice with his appointments since Big Sam, we are now on the 5th one (who I believe to be the best choice) but its too little too late - in any other job, if you had made bad decisions time and time again that cost the company money and stature, you'd be out on your ear - yet PG still sits in his ivory tower.

The blame needs to sit on his shoulders and he needs to go.

Lennon has clearly been sold a line by PG about finance in order for him to take the job - and he's been hung out to dry. I feel sorry for him, he's a good manager, and can only work with what he is dealt. If he walked tomorrow, i wouldnt blame him in the slightest.

I think that is backed by the majority of fans, as with DF & OC, they were calling for their head by now, yet people understand NL's situation and it really isnt his fault.

We're in a mess, and its sad to see... unless something is done at the top, its not going to be rectified anytime soon.

At what point does Lennon start getting blame?

Playing tactics that don't work, signing two RBs, playing neither, signing three target men... He has to get a tune out of what he's got, and he isn't.

He needs to stop fucking moaning and get them fired up otherwise we are going seen without a fight.

At what point does Lennon start getting blame?

Playing tactics that don't work, signing two RBs, playing neither, signing three target men... He has to get a tune out of what he's got, and he isn't.

He needs to stop fucking moaning and get them fired up otherwise we are going seen without a fight.

I see your point, and the RB situ has frustrated me - sign two, play neither and arguably the best player last year in that position isnt being played there either - must be a valid reason?

We are keeping clean sheets though, that isnt the issue is it?!

Look at the striker option - Heskey, Gudjohnsen, Madine, Ameobi, Dobbie - this is all we can get based on funds, hardly 20 goals between them.

We got Le Fondre, and £750k would have got him again, stick him in this side with or without the RB issue and we wouldnt be where we are would we?! How can we expect to score goals and compete with the strikers we have.

• Moderators

Lennon has clearly been sold a line by PG about finance in order for him to take the job - and he's been hung out to dry. I feel sorry for him, he's a good manager, and can only work with what he is dealt.

theres nowt in there thats fact

its all opinion

What we need is a united front to get out of this.

That has to come from the top.

We've been in a pickle before and got ourselves out of it by showing a seige mentality from every aspect of the club. We were going down under Megson,the club put free travel to Stoke and Boro and the season changed. We took thousands to boro and the whole team reacted to the support and that result was the catalyst for survival. That simple gesture was a message from the club that we were all in it together.

Nowadays I've never felt so distanced from the club. Even the ower and chairman don't want to know.

Now I'm not suggesting free travel,just a statement from the club to get the fans onside and let us know what the fuck is going on.

If we aren't united in this battle it's only going to end one way. We have all seen it before,once things turn sour it rarely ends well.

The fans showed at Preston we are still behind the club,but that won't last forever without something back in return. Even if they are lying just some fucker come out and tell us it's all going to be alright and stick with us.

The silence is deafening and is going to disengage the support to irreparable levels if left to carry on.

After that post you should be a Mod

The players & management need a good hard look at themselves, they're underperforming & that's down to them, not the finances.

Again, it's down to the players & management, they need to start pulling their fingers out, because to be quite frank, some of them just aren't performing well enough or to their best. The shithouses!

Agree with all this but this is where I'm coming from with the united front thing.

If the players aren't reacting now they aren't going start anytime soon without something changing. Especially with the mood as sour as its going to be.

Get the fans on board,get everyone in it together and players might start fucking shaping themselves.

its all opinion

It is opinion yes, but its clear as day that he was sold a line regarding finances - how would a club of our stature at the time appeal to NL? There must have been something, and NL's comments recently suggest he thought there was more than there actually is.

He is a good manager, fans appreciate his struggles - DF and OC were both under fire from fans by this point, people see NL's from a different cloth.

A fact though - if NL had the funds that NL and DF spunked we wouldnt be where we are now.

• Moderators

Hereditary wealth accruement is bollocks anyway, even one of the richest men in the world, Harry Buffet or whatever reckons so - he's leaving his offspring fuck all, being of the opinion he earned his money, so should they.

Go on Eddie Harry Buffet, you tell those grasping gets to bugger off and wipe out our debt and inject more cash into us loads of dollars into Bolton Wanderers instead.

Edit: in light of the edit of the above post, edited.

you're thinking of Warren Buffett, the vol-au-vons mogul

and keep saying this doesn't make it true

he doesn't look like a good manager

i hope he is, cos hes got quite a job on

Unusual for this thread but here is a fact.

NL looked a better manager when Mjalbay (however it is spelt) was alongside him.

• Moderators

its all opinion

correct

though does make you wonder

we could have seemingly had Hughton or Clarke both proven at this level, but do wonder with Lennon falling over himself to get the job, was he seen as the "best" man for the job, i.e. the one most likely to put up with our shit situation in an attempt to prove himself?

not that this thought crossed my mind 12 months ago, happened just now

The issues off the pitch are well documented, no statement or interview is going to change that.

IMO, there is no reason for this squad to be in the relegation positions, start winning games & there's not a supporter out there that would give a shit about the finances.

Because we're in the relegation positions, supporters are looking to the finances to buy our way out of the problem, even if we did splash some cash (which we can't) there's no guarantee that x, y or z would improve our situation. It could just expedite our off field problems.

Totally agree with this

Sorry but don't agree with a number of points there.

Firstly the issues on the pitch are a direct result of the issues off it. We are second bottom because of the lack of investment in the playing staff particularly over the summer, with the failure to even loan a fit striker and since when a number of deals have fallen through due to the financial situation.We are not scoring goals and don't have the means to rectify that. so of course the fans are worried.

Secondly I think you over estimate the quality of players we have. This squad without at least two quality additions will get relegated. A goalscorer and a decent wide man we may just finish above the bottom 3, that's all.

Not just the loons saying we need a striker worthy of the title, it only needs to be a relatively modest outlay but if we are relying on Heskey, Ameobi & a guy not good enough for Fleetwood last season we are going down, with this squad.If we can't afford this then folk are entitled to ask questions of Gartside and the running of the club that has brought us to this sad situation.