Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters Trust - Foundation Meeting

Mounts Kipper

The point blank "no" as to whether they were planning to have a place at board level was a bit odd. How did he ever think that would be a sufficient answer?!

The fact there are elections coming up tells me that those at the top table of this trust could be very different in six months time. I'd be interested what an elected board has to say on the issue of a place on the board.

Sadly it seems to be very much just a new bigger (for now) supporters club.

This was proved with the last 20 minutes being a discussion, following a question, of what manager SS should appoint, do they have any money and how hard done by NL was.

Edit: this was my view based on periscope

Edited by ex_midlandwhite

• Moderators

Shame if it's not going well

We'll need a decent ST when SS can't take out any more loans on the assets

I don't know about well, certainly folk are at crossed purposes and don't seem to grasp the purpose eg stupid questions that don't directly relate to the ST.

It was just one guy who kept hold of the microphone & banged on about the consortium & Neil Lennon and was asking questions that only the new owners could answer.

Glorified supporters club or potential future owners I reckon the former at the moment but a future brush with administration could change all that so I'm still in even though it was as dull as dish water tonight.

Edited by Take Hunt Off

• Site Supporter

I got the feeling the ST don't or won't really know what their aim is until after the elections. Absolutely nothing was made clear tonight.

I get that ex players are getting behind the trust, but what exactly are they and us getting behind?

We are a million miles away from the ST, board, ex players etc all singing from the same hymn sheet and pulling in the same direction. I have a feeling that unless the ST come up with a serious plan after the elections, it will fall by the wayside

I got the feeling the ST don't or won't really know what their aim is until after the elections. Absolutely nothing was made clear tonight.

I get that ex players are getting behind the trust, but what exactly are they and us getting behind?

We are a million miles away from the ST, board, ex players etc all singing from the same hymn sheet and pulling in the same direction. I have a feeling that unless the ST come up with a serious plan after the elections, it will fall by the wayside

This is a slow burn project fans need to support it and be patient, pretty sure that the ST will be called to arms in the next few years.

They are in desperate need of someone with some charisma or it will fall on its arse!

I sort of agree with your comment but it's too important to fail because there is no one with charisma, this has got to succeed, we need a voice and a safety net in case we go into admin the ST could be the difference between going out of existence or not.

I was there tonight and, despite the lack of clarity on several points, it was obvious to me that the whole point of this trust is to be fully organised for when Sports Shield go bust - probably within the next 6 months.

This was a great opportunity for Sports Shield to forge links with the supporters - but there was no-one there to represent them.

The trust has made no effort to be on the board........because they know where this is heading.

The trust needs to concentrate on being fully prepared for the threat of administration within the next year.

Those of us who suggested this might happen got castigated as miserable cynical negative bastards.

I think you're wrong there are fans involved who have the necessary skills to be much more than that, 7 million was on the table should SS bid failed, that is a very good effort given the short time the trust been active. I really think fans need to get involved I don't feel SS the answer and ST need to be strong organized to be there if needed should the worst happen. At this stage the trust should act as a watchdog over the new owners ask questions attempt to gain answers and be ready should the need to get involved as a viable owner. In a short time I think they have gone a long way to doing that job, the fans will ultimately get the ST they deserve weak if fans don't join and strong if fans join. Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

Agree with that Mounts. Twice since I started watching BWFC in 1980 have we been minutes from being out of business. That can't be allowed to happen again.

Once the elections have taken place, the primary aim of the ST has to be to build up funds for when they are needed. One thing for sure is the ST will be needed to bail out the club at some point - we as a fan group need to be ready for that day