Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dance, Dance, Dance, Dance, Dance On The Radio

Youri McAnespie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter

Steve Berry is the biggest gobshite ever to assault my eardrums, I would happily stove his head in, the Bury twathook.

Used to enjoy rock radio, real xs (whatever its called this year)..

Very little music playing and the alternative bands (up and coming and something a bit different) has been replaced by a new playlist, which is pretty much the 'best of dad rock' ...

They have a competition where people ring in to guess who says a sentence (with the jingle being the who's 'who are you') that must take up about half an hour every day for them.. 

I know its commercial radio but still when I venture away from radio 4, i want something decent, I still don't have a CD player in my Montego.

It's 5 live at home for me in a morning now. Brazil can fuck off and so can rock FM now that stupid married couple are involved.

During the day it's rock FM or heart in the van as we are rarely in it. Jordan North leaving rock FM was devastating so I'm on Greg James on radio 1 at 4.

Talk sport after 6 in the kitchen.

Annie Mac Friday night all the way. Danny Howard Saturday.

Radio X for clint boon Sunday night after a few ales. That's after paddy Mcguiness on rock FM in the morning and classic cuts in the afternoon.

Radio geek haha

Absolute Radio have it nailed these days.

In the morning they're good....but those two wankers on the "hometime" show (Annabel Port and Geoff Lloyd) make me want to cut my ears off.

I'm normally Absolute Radio until aout 9, and then LBC for the rest of the day......I do put Talksport on during the drive home sometimes, just so I can be annoyed by Adrian Durham.

As for Alan Brazil, he really has got worse, which I didn't think was possible. I endured him for about 20 minutes the other day. He's utter shit.

• Site Supporter

In the morning they're good....but those two wankers on the "hometime" show (Annabel Port and Geoff Lloyd) make me want to cut my ears off.

I'm normally Absolute Radio until aout 9, and then LBC for the rest of the day......I do put Talksport on during the drive home sometimes, just so I can be annoyed by Adrian Durham.

As for Alan Brazil, he really has got worse, which I didn't think was possible. I endured him for about 20 minutes the other day. He's utter shit.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention the major blot on Absolute's copybook is the Port/Lloyd show.

She laughs like a nervous virgin at EVERYTHING that dull twat says.

I put Spotify on at 6.

Edited by Spider

I don't think I can get half of these (certainly noballs') recommendations on my jizz-spattered tranny (a Phillips one :))...anyhow it's day two and I reckon' I'll give XFM a swerve this afternoon - I could listen to Oasis on my phone and talk to mesen if I wanted a dad-rock/twat waffle combo all day...

I'll set my dial to Absolute perhaps.

Geoff Lloyd used to be funny in the 90's when he was on Key103 with Pete Mitchell. Not heard him in years though.

If a shit song comes on R6 I have a flick through 5Live and TalkSport. I quite like Nicky Campbell but I'm not sure if that's a guilty pleasure or me just getting old.

The only positive about Radio X is that Josh Widdicombe doesn't have a show like the did on XFM; that unfunny twunt's voice winds me up

• Site Supporter

6music on the way in and through the day, great variety in music, different music not poppy trash.

Sometimes popmaster gets an airing

Lauren Lavernes Desert Island Disco on a Friday is ace!

Usually have 5 live on of an evening in the kitchen or I stream stuff from Mixcloud or apple Music and I listen to Ibiza Sonica

Sometimes I'll just find a random station from a random country on TuneIn if I'm really bored

Radio is better than the tele.

• Site Supporter

You know what, I used to think my grandad was being an unsociable git when he was always listening to the wireless in the kitchen when the rest of the family was watching TV in the sitting room. Now I am older I have come to appreciate the vast range of music and information that radio provides these days. Old twat.

Geoff Lloyd used to be funny in the 90's when he was on Key103

Really?  -  I reckon he is without a doubt the worst I've ever heard

Treat yourself (or not) by giving his show a listen, from 6pm on Absolute Radio  -  I bet you last less than 10 minutes

• Members

Really?  -  I reckon he is without a doubt the worst I've ever heard

Treat yourself (or not) by giving his show a listen, from 6pm on Absolute Radio  -  I bet you last less than 10 minutes

He used to be on Virgin with Pete Mitchell in the morning as well

I can't stand the bloke, he thinks he is really funny but clearly isn't, same goes for that Andy Bush on Absolute as well