Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

On 28/03/2024 at 18:12, Breightmet Boy said:

Ive just watched The World At War on Yesterday channel.  The Allied Forces crossed the Rhine and bombarded Berlin, Hitler was hiding in his bunker and German soldiers were running for their lives, hands in the air, getting kicked up their backsides and rocks thrown at them as they did.  He shot himself through the temple and his missus, Eva Braun, took cyanide.

Spoilers ! FFS.

2 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

It is indeed. Some fascinating historical stuff that I knew nowt about

The section on Iran is something some folk should read /watch - always makes me chuckle when the 'stone age' bollocks gets spouted.

If you like the series, Max Hastings book Abyss is worth a read.

Finished KIN last week. Need something new. Do we bother with Coma or is it a bit dogshit?

Wife been recommended Love/Hate. Anyone on here watched it?

Edited by Smiley

• Members
4 hours ago, Smiley said:

Finished KIN last week. Need something new. Do we bother with Coma or is it a bit dogshit?

Coma is corny crap.

If you've not watched Manhunt or Shogun, there are two treats waiting for you. We Were The Lucky Ones is good but a story we have seen many times before. Quite timely though.

On 01/04/2024 at 13:14, bolty58 said:

First episode of This Town looks promising. Great soundtrack.

Think full series is on Iplayer, really like it after first 2 

• Members
14 hours ago, Ani said:

Think full series is on Iplayer, really like it after first 2 

Yes, me too. Slightly reminiscent of This Is England but for my money seems to capture the zeitgeist a good deal better. Superb soundtrack.

Bloody Zulu's split my old mans head open at that second replay against Fulham! Hoping they get smashed in this ;)

Watched Cleaning Up on Netflix.  It's a few years old but I'd never heard of it, but it had Sheridan Smith in it so thought I'd give it a go.  It's about a cleaner in the city who starts insider trading.  It's also fucking rubbish.

Was really looking forward to The Secret War on BBC. About an American documentary following IRA active service units in NI in 72 and how the film disappeared, collusion with the security services, etc

Remember watching a few years ago when the film first resurfaced. Shocking at the time. McGuiness prepping a car bomb, top IRA bods demonstrating how to use weapons, make car bombs, etc 

This was rehashed bollox desperately trying to find an angle on the original documentary. Shite

On 01/04/2024 at 20:29, Smiley said:

Done first series of Kin this week, is second series worth it ? 

2 hours ago, Ani said:

Done first series of Kin this week, is second series worth it ? 

Deffo. Wait until the mentalist comes out of prison in series 3. You’ll want to top him yourself. 

Edited by mickbrown

On 30/03/2024 at 19:15, Not in Crawley said:

Turning point: The Bomb and the Cold War on Netflix is an excellent watch.

Finished that last night. Brilliant. Scary to think about how much stuff I was oblivious to. Particularly in the 80s. Also how much I didn’t know about Putin’s rise to power