Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Not gossip , but apparently Tim Ream will be leaving Fulham this year. 

Doubt he would come back as wants to be playing probably a higher level to get in US World Cup squad and wages might be high.

But alongside a midfield bastard an experienced centre half would be a great acquisition. 

• Members
48 minutes ago, Ani said:

Doubt he would come back as wants to be playing probably a higher level to get in US World Cup squad and wages might be high.

But alongside a midfield bastard an experienced centre half would be a great acquisition. 

Wigan nailed on 

1 hour ago, Ani said:

He could stay at the hotel and eat at Nando's every single day .... if only there was a Nando's.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

6 hours ago, Ani said:

When I watch Fulham he looks like a weak link, defensively.  Not great in the air, weak in the challenge admittedly against some quality championship strikers, seems to get caught out of position a lot, or flat footed.  A neat footballer and would be perfect against poorer sides on good pitches (an upgrade on Johnstone with his extra pace) but he wouldn't help in those muck and nettles away games when its about physicality, which is the area IE will be looking to improve.

6 hours ago, Ani said:

I never liked him to be honest, not sure what he’s good at. 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I never liked him to be honest, not sure what he’s good at. 

Agreed, flattered to deceive.

Fulham’s defence always looked poor when he played.

He looked decent for us because we had some shite at the time.

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Agree

made a good living being very average

fair play to him

Yeh about sums it up.

He did have a couple of good seasons in a poor, declining era for us. 

But unfortunately my abiding, horrific memory, will be THAT miss

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/9837632.us-star-ream-still-haunted-by-his-30million-miss/ 

So it’s a no from me 

I get some of the comments about him but he has played 40 plus games every time Fulham drop back to Championship level and they got promotion each time, so he must be doing something right at a higher level. 
Would seem various managers not fancied him at PL level, but not sure we need to worry about that in the near future. 😂

• Moderators

if IE wants to play wing backs, and we sign Fossey, then I'll not be too down about losing Dapo as that system doesn't seem to get the best out of him

I'll be a bit annoyed if he was to, say, go to Cardiff for £1M or less

then again, as that article says, he's 24 and coming to the end of "his first full season as a professional"

I think we'd be better off keeping him than selling him for a shit fee when he has two years to run

hopefully we're not desperate for cash