Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays, 2017

globaldiver

OK is about where I'd put it. Hotels are quite good but very big and very busy and full of Ruskies. Fuck all to do outside the hotels - didn't find any streets to go wandering around to find bars. Basically a long strip of concrete with themed resorts like The Titanic

Ah well, AI for a week; I'll just stop int th'hotel

OK is about where I'd put it. Hotels are quite good but very big and very busy and full of Ruskies. Fuck all to do outside the hotels - didn't find any streets to go wandering around to find bars. Basically a long strip of concrete with themed resorts like The Titanic

Sounds awful

And I've now put the larger Greek Islands on my 'avoid' list since the started catering for the Ruskies, I don't like their manners one bit. Ionians still haven't been breached by them so that is where I'm heading for the time being

Sorry if sounded a bit harsh. Hotels are fine with decent food and plenty entertainment. The Ruskies do bring it all a bit though. Which hotel are you goi g to?

Sensinar andiz

Don't Mind at all; we do quite well for holidays!

Edited by boltondiver

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke to a guy who did Bratislava, Vienna, Prague, Budapest, Lake Garda, Venice and Rome in 2 weeks. Bus, rail and flights between each.

Sounds like a good holiday to me.

I've done a fair bit of globe trotting but find big cities/city breaks exhausting.

I'd need a holiday after that.

Sounds awful

And I've now put the larger Greek Islands on my 'avoid' list since the started catering for the Ruskies, I don't like their manners one bit. Ionians still haven't been breached by them so that is where I'm heading for the time being

I find them like the loud mouth cocknies of the 80/90s.  

As a generalisation - I should probably add

Worst folk I've ever dealt with en masse were the Israelis.  Granted, these were mainly young and straight out of their army stint, but fcuk me, what a load of cocks!  Jesus complex with a penchant for arguing bartering over every single fcuking Rupee, Dong, Bhat or whatever . . .

On their own fine but together . . . 

Edited by madthatter

Worst folk I've ever dealt with en masse were the Israelis. Granted, these were mainly young and straight out of their army stint, but fcuk me, what a load of cocks! Jesus complex with a penchant for arguing bartering over every single fcuking Rupee, Dong, Bhat or whatever . . .

On their own fine but together . . .

Have to agree with the above. That cohort coming straight out of national service and off travelling is one of the most obnoxious you'd ever want to encounter. I don't know what they get taught during that period of their lives but they seem to come out of it with a massive chip on their shoulder.

I've done a fair bit of globe trotting but find big cities/city breaks exhausting.

I'd need a holiday after that.

Once did Rio then Buenos Aires back to back

Way too hard

Have to agree with the above. That cohort coming straight out of national service and off travelling is one of the most obnoxious you'd ever want to encounter. I don't know what they get taught during that period of their lives but they seem to come out of it with a massive chip on their shoulder.

Glad it's not just me . . . could feel the anti-Semitic knives being sharpened ;)

It's most definitely that particular group but they seem to infect anywhere and everywhere you might want to explore.  Lost my rag on a couple of occasions but in the end decided to just give em a wide birth.

Shame, as some of the lasses were pure gold (I'm not sure if they qualify as 'Michelle Pfieffer that white gold' though?) . . .  others, not so much - it really seemed like feast or famine on the Israeli bird front.

We're off to the east coast of Scotland to a lovely site with its own beach.

Last time we went temperatures were topping 30c

Love bonny Scotland but only seen the SW west, Isles and parts of the highlands.  Am well overdue a trip but would need to save like Billy O for all the distillery tours . . .

If you get the weather in the UK it can be amazing.

I prefer S Wales to Cornwall as it's generally a bit quieter but the beaches are just as amazing.  On the site we're going to you get a view of all St Bride's Bay from your caravan - awesome at sunset 

edit - oh and there's a bug farm near by that Tonge Moor GJ put me on to.  I'm genuinely giddy about seeing it with my nipper :) 

Edited by madthatter

Some of the best holidays can be had in the uk but as you say mate it's down to the weather

If folk ever get a chance to get up to scotland for a holiday I can highly recommend Skye. Loch tay and around there is also decent. Some wonderful spots all around really

Some of the best holidays can be had in the uk but as you say mate it's down to the weather

If folk ever get a chance to get up to scotland for a holiday I can highly recommend Skye. Loch tay and around there is also decent. Some wonderful spots all around really

Went there as a kid and Mull along with some other wee islands.  Loved it.

Remember the water being azure blue . . . as would have been my skin had I taken a dip ;) 

Went there as a kid and Mull along with some other wee islands.  Loved it.

Remember the water being azure blue . . . as would have been my skin had I taken a dip ;)

It's genuinely some of the best coastline you could wish to see anywhere it's stunning but very weather dependant. can be quite depressing if the weather turns sour

But always a pub t shelter in

The fantastically named Cockburnspath in Berwickshire

Lovely part of the world. Regularly take a run down to the borders of a weekend for something to do

I'm off to lindisfarne in a couple of weekends time. Always wanted to go since reading a book set there so though to would drive down.

It's genuinely some of the best coastline you could wish to see anywhere it's stunning but very weather dependant. can be quite depressing if the weather turns sour

But always a pub t shelter in

Aye, but as above, I'd say that's the same anywhere in the UK.

I quite like bleak, grey, rugged coastlines - in winter, mind :)

Very similar to the Fjords, they say

Edited by madthatter