Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

You don’t speak for even 1 of those 17.5mill so that argument is bollocks

I voted to leave, if after 3 years of arguing both sides cannot find a deal then it has to be ‘no deal’ i.e. Leave

I think Boris’s deal will be agreed and win a majority in Parliament 

What’s your solution for the Irish border, out of interest?

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

I voted to remain 

However I’d have taken TM’s deal 6 months ago in order to honour the referendum and move on, I’d take it now 

No Deal is a complete load of bollocks

If you honestly think the majority voted for that then you need to give your head a good shake 

Why do you think nobody wanted TM’s deal?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I voted to remain 

However I’d have taken TM’s deal 6 months ago in order to honour the referendum and move on, I’d take it now 

No Deal is a complete load of bollocks

If you honestly think the majority voted for that then you need to give your head a good shake 

No one has said they did. But it's not relevant really as the default position was created by parliament. The same parliament that so far has voted out TM deal and made life as difficult as possible or anyone else to achieve a decent alternative.

As said before I too think we'd have been better of taking it, but it's history now.

Need all the players to show sense and sort a deal. Quickly.

6 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Why do you think nobody wanted TM’s deal?

Eh????? I don’t think that, read a few posts up, I said it’s closer to what 17.5m people voted for than leave 

I believe it’s being hijacked by hardliners who are now trying to make out that people really voted for No Deal, which is bollocks 

You we’re trying to make out like Cummings is some sort of people’s champion 

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No one has said they did. But it's not relevant really as the default position was created by parliament. The same parliament that so far has voted out TM deal and made life as difficult as possible or anyone else to achieve a decent alternative.

As said before I too think we'd have been better of taking it, but it's history now.

Need all the players to show sense and sort a deal. Quickly.

Parliament have also made it law to ask for an extension, so I guess we might go on some more 

If only the ERG has been loyal to their party and voted with TM 

Spineless traitors 

Edited by birch-chorley

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Cummins is a strategist and whether you like it or not was brought in by Boris to formulate the plan. 

Is he a nice likeable guy? Not really. Is he effective at what he does? I think he may be but the jury is out and it depends what exactly he has been asked to do  

What's "effective" and what is morally right are 2 entirely different things. 

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

That’s not a solution, that’s a massive problem that you quite clearly don’t understand.

To be fair, there is a lot he doesn't understand about this, but he doesn't have a telly or read newspapers, so it's understandable that he struggles a little bit with it.

15 minutes ago, Cheese said:

What's "effective" and what is morally right are 2 entirely different things. 

You see I believe people trying from the outset to stop the result of the vote from happening is immoral. Strange world we live in isn’t it 

1 minute ago, Spider said:

That’s not a solution, that’s a massive problem that you quite clearly don’t understand.

Ok, I’ll give it a go, 

If we leave with ‘no deal’ the ROI/EU will have to deal with the border issue, it’s no big deal to the UK but the EU want to protect the ‘integrity ‘ of the single market so THEY would have to introduce border checks

How are they going to do that?

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Do you really believe everything you read or see on tv ?

Not of course not, but it does help one form a more rounded opinion of you have access to all forms of media, I'm sure you'll agree.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Ok, I’ll give it a go, 

If we leave with ‘no deal’ the ROI/EU will have to deal with the border issue, it’s no big deal to the UK but the EU want to protect the ‘integrity ‘ of the single market so THEY would have to introduce border checks

No deal means WTO, doesn't it?

Do we not need to record what's coming in?

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Not of course not, but it does help one form a more rounded opinion of you have access to all forms of media, I'm sure you'll agree.

Certainly does, but a classic example and very recent is today’s BBC headline.

It says no chance basically of a deal but the link clearly includes tweets which say the total opposite.

Funny how one report makes all the headlines whilst one doesn’t, but is still easy to find.

Very strange world and times we live in.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Ok, I’ll give it a go, 

Oh Lord above

Edited by Spider

12 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Ok, I’ll give it a go, 

Take back control of our borders by leaving our only land border wide open.

The whole thing is still a massive shitshow and what ever happens will upset around half the population of the UK.