Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

More likely jitters about the US debt ceiling caused the market decline.... Thats the line trotted out on Ian King Live. 

Fair enough the two combined ain't helping. 
Inflation won't drop as quickly as people hope as businesses will need to make back money they have lost over last few months . 
The bigger companies and supermarkets are already starting to make great returns 

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

In the case of Tata's new plant, the UK's expected success has not been easily or cheaply won.

The government has said that while it does not recognise a figure of £500m in reported subsidies, they concede that it is in the hundreds of millions of pounds.

‘Although the price tag will be seen as high, the UK is reluctantly involved in an international subsidy war which has been dramatically escalated by the US Inflation Reduction Act - a piece of legislation offering $370bn (£299m) in sweeteners to companies prepared to locate production and supply chains in the US. 
The EU is preparing its own packe in response’

edit. The billion million mistake is the BBC. I copied and pasted. 

Edited by BobyBrno

5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Some positive news at least, hope it comes to fruition. The location is interesting, I would have thought land and wage costs would be quite high there, even if the town itself looked a bit of a shithole when I drove through a few years back.

Perhaps they wanted to be relatively close to that TVR factory that Miami got so excited about a few years ago 😀

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Perhaps they wanted to be relatively close to that TVR factory that Miami got so excited about a few years ago 😀

Can’t move for TVR’s these days

16 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Only a year to wait until their rolling off the production line: 2024 TVR Griffith EV confirmed for production | CarExpert

It's incredible that people still chuck money down the black-hole that is TVR, they will absolutely never, ever build anything, let alone an EV

They'd have to re-employ all the now taxi drivers and coke dealers they laid off round ere years ago.

Scraps off the table. Is this the bold new future that many bought into?

It's more tragic that they cling onto things that we'd normally just have.

But as we know, they will never, ever admit the futility of this. So, let's just let them burn out and younger folks will build a future regardless.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Scraps off the table. Is this the bold new future that many bought into?

It's more tragic that they cling onto things that we'd normally just have.

But as we know, they will never, ever admit the futility of this. So, let's just let them burn out and younger folks will build a future regardless.

Didn’t you know this happened as a direct result of Brexit, Sonny?

On 23/05/2023 at 20:07, Ani said:

Here is a funny scenario, Boris is having is legal fees for the Covid enquiry paid by the Govt.

This mean technically it is the Cabinet office that are the clients and his lawyers have to pass over all material they to their clients 

Those documents apparently contain diary entries that show good old Boris held parties for friends at Chequers during lockdown. If the cabinet office think these parties broke Covid rules they are obliged to pass them into the Police.

Beginning to wind me up now.

How come we - the British taxpayers - are footing the bill for Johnson’s lawyers?

Are we funding the defence of all dodgy MPs like that Tory kiddie fiddler or just Johnson?

If not, why does Johnson - a lowly MP - get special treatment?

He’s already blown a quarter of a million of our money and then sacked them off because he didn’t like their attitude and now he’s handpicking lackeys who we’re also expected to pay for.

Bad enough having folk hide/redact the incriminating evidence but to have us pay for it?

F****** outrageous IMO.

DRAIN THE SWAMP…..

Edited by Wanderlust

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

How come we - the British taxpayers - are footing the bill for Johnson’s lawyers?

Are we funding the defence of all dodgy MPs like that Tory kiddie fiddler or just Johnson?

He’s already blown a quarter of a million of our money and then sacked them off because he didn’t like their attitude and now he’s handpicking lackeys who we’re also expected to pay for.

Bad enough having folk hide/redact the incriminating evidence but to have us pay for it?

F****** outrageous IMO.

DRAIN THE SWAMP…..

Dale Cregan got legal aid.

Sometimes, you’re only as good as the company you keep.

• Members
3 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

F****** outrageous IMO.

DRAIN THE SWAMP…..

Bollocks. Recycling this stuff is purely political. Probably Sunak trying to make sure that Boris can't be a challenge at a future juncture.

Sunak was a big mistake. He'll be gone after Sir Proletariat wins the next GE. They should get rid now - even if it does have certain WWayers and the BBC howling about navel gazing.

4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Bollocks. Recycling this stuff is purely political. Probably Sunak trying to make sure that Boris can't be a challenge at a future juncture.

Sunak was a big mistake. He'll be gone after Sir Proletariat wins the next GE. They should get rid now - even if it does have certain WWayers and the BBC howling about navel gazing.

Who should they replace him with ? There ain't many left. 

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I was asking a simple enough question mate I.e. why does the privileged fat fop not have to pay for his own lawyers? Made a personal fortune out of us already so it’s not as if he’s so skint as to qualify for legal aid is it?

Hardly recycling as it was only yesterday that he - or rather, we - had to pay off the ones he discarded. 

As for recycling it’s the Tories who keep polishing the turd instead of flushing him and moving on.

5 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65704183

the truth is coming about covid, stand by for more evasion, lies and deflection from Bozo and chums

There should be a proper enquiry nothing should be redacted. Sending old folk back to care homes with covid and the PPE scandal where contracts given to Tory cronies are the 2 areas I’d like to see explored in detail… not arsed about whether there were parties etc at Downing Street, get the detail on the aforementioned examined and that’s where any wrong doing will come to light…. I’d like to see charges pressed for any serious misdemeanours. 

1 minute ago, Wanderlust said:

I was asking a simple enough question mate I.e. why does the privileged fat fop not have to pay for his own lawyers? Made a personal fortune out of us already so it’s not as if he’s so skint as to qualify for legal aid is it?

Hardly recycling as it was only yesterday that he - or rather, we - had to pay off the ones he discarded. 

As for recycling it’s the Tories who keep polishing the turd instead of flushing him and moving on.

That’s how it is, just because you hate the Tories you can’t just change the rules. 

6 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

I’m not asking to change the rules - I’m asking what are the rules that allow this to happen?

Because at the time he was the PM in public office and conducting government  business and therefore qualifies for legal aid. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper