Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Just now, Zulu said:

So, not really ’us’ then? You mean ’you’ and others who share your opinions.  I would agree that you share the majority view, but that’s not what you said. 

Honestly, it’s not that difficult. 

Me and the majority of others that share this view - collectively us.

And semantics side glad you see why folk within the sector are angry, frustrated and annoyed and doing a lot with very little and then being used as a success story from a government which has been cutting our legs at every turn they can.

If you stand alongside this working from within, then I do believe I understand why you might find it difficult.

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Me and the majority of others that share this view - collectively us.

And semantics side glad you see why folk within the sector are angry, frustrated and annoyed and doing a lot with very little and then being used as a success story from a government which has been cutting our legs at every turn they can.

If you stand alongside this working from within, then I do believe I understand why you might find it difficult.

I got you to consider and explain the sloppy and lazy language that you used to express your political opinion. My work here is done. 

Have a super day. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Zulu said:

I got you to consider and explain the sloppy and lazy language that you used to express your political opinion. My work here is done. 

Have a super day. 

Just to clarify, he should have said “the majority of us”? And you’d have been ok with that?

Just now, Zulu said:

Have a super day. 

Yeah - it was a real zinger that one.

As I say if you do work in the CI's then it beggar's belief that you could stand by what has happened, if you don't and were just trying to make a point it was badly concieved and poorly executed.

Now, back to the actual interesting topic of the budget today...

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

The brassneck of Hunt now to pat himself on the back for the growing creative industries when they had slashed and cut and run culture war on us all for the past 13 years.

Just fuck off, you won't be buying us that way.

Aye they are shameless twats

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yeah - it was a real zinger that one.

As I say if you do work in the CI's then it beggar's belief that you could stand by what has happened, if you don't and were just trying to make a point it was badly concieved and poorly executed.

Now, back to the actual interesting topic of the budget today...

Well, I do. You go and enjoy the budget debate and don’t give me the opportunity to launch another zinger. 😉

I see that your little pal has dived in now. I’m not inclined to get involved with him today. At least with you there is an element of intellectual challenge. 😊

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Aye they are shameless twats

I mean, don't get me wrong - the Society of London Theatre and big producers have been pushing for the change to Theatre Tax Relief for a long time (40% and 45% for touring productions now to replace the taper which was to being in 2025 and then return to pre-pandemic levels in 2026 25%/20%)

So the big producers are right, it will be tranformative, especially seeing the difficulty many touring compnaies are having in regions with people's budget's being so tight on entertainment. My personal (in case Zulu decides to get all up in my grill again) issue is that its still a tiny drop in the ocean after years and years of cuts (leaving aside the culture war guff that many have had to face over the last 4 years in particular) and given that the CI is a big income earner for the goverment - doing a lot with very little as I say - this is something that should have been done and looks a little tokenist at this time when they are sort of fiddling at the edges. Government's love to drag out the CI for good news stories but away from the headlines generally go quite hard in terms of real time increases.

Anyway, for most people it'll be a side issue, but I'm sure many of my collegues feel the same. Its welcome, but it feels a little like trying to be bought a nice meal by an abusive partner to say sorry.

39 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Well, I do. You go and enjoy the budget debate and don’t give me the opportunity to launch another zinger. 😉

I see that your little pal has dived in now. I’m not inclined to get involved with him today. At least with you there is an element of intellectual challenge. 😊

You sound like one of those blokes who gets a blow up doll clone of themselves & makes love to it every night.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Zulu said:

I see that your little pal has dived in now. I’m not inclined to get involved with him today because I always end up looking rather silly. 😊

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

The last two posts. 😅😅😅😅

Schools out.

It's almost admirable that you're still standing by the Tories after a decade and a half of absolute chaos, corruption and dross. Good for you.

Edited by Cheese

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It's almost admirable that you're still standing by the Tories after a decade and a half of absolute chaos, corruption and dross. Good for you.

only because it would have been worse under Corbyn, and that's all that matters. Probably

7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

to be fair, some are changing, even @bolty58who was as die hard a Tory as there is, has gone from having a permanent hard on at Boris being in charge, to now saying even he wouldn't vote Conservative this time around. So perhaps people can and are willing to change their mind (like @Spiderdid 😉)

40 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Isn’t this the person who has said he wouldn’t  be voting tories and you’ve had a £100 bet with? If so how is he standing by them? 

Edited by royal white

34 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Eh? Where did I say that I’m defending the Tories? @Sweepcan answer too if he likes. 
Ps. Don’t forget our bet😉

11 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Eh? Where did I say that I’m defending the Tories? @Sweepcan answer too if he likes. 

I didn't say that you're defending the Tories, you've never said who you vote for, or who you'll vote for this time around (as far as I'm aware)

4 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I didn't say that you're defending the Tories, you've never said who you vote for, or who you'll vote for this time around (as far as I'm aware)

Who are you voting for? You seem to be interested in other people’s choices. 

Edited by BobyBrno

49 minutes ago, Sweep said:

to be fair, some are changing, even @bolty58who was as die hard a Tory as there is, has gone from having a permanent hard on at Boris being in charge, to now saying even he wouldn't vote Conservative this time around. So perhaps people can and are willing to change their mind (like @Spiderdid 😉)

I don't think moving even further into the fringes of the right with Reform is some sort of Damascene conversion in all honesty.

21 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Who are you voting for? You seem to be interested in other people’s choices. 

I'm not sure who will be standing, Labour don't usually bother here (not that I'd vote for them anyway) - I'll see nearer the time, when I know who is actually standing. Possibly Green, LibDem, Independent or even Reform - anybody but the Conservatives really (and I've previously voted Conservative every time I've ever voted before in GEs and locals)

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

I'm not sure who will be standing, Labour don't usually bother here (not that I'd vote for them anyway) - I'll see nearer the time, when I know who is actually standing. Possibly Green, LibDem, Independent or even Reform - anybody but the Conservatives really (and I've previously voted Conservative every time I've ever voted before in GEs and locals)

Yep. Like most on here I’d guess apart from a handful of Labour diehards. 

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

How could I ever forget our impossible to prove bet!? 😉