Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

3 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

That’s a bold statement that I disagree with but it would take too long and I’m ready for another nap.

Agree it is a bold statement 

But they certainly haven’t suffered a domino effect , like many predicted after Brexit. Seem pretty strong. I guess they saw the reality of leaving. 

Just now, Cheese said:

Because the dust hasn't settled yet. Politics is a long slow game.

And we did have a vote to join the Common Market. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_United_Kingdom_European_Communities_membership_referendum

Continued membership. I was there I voted. We joined without a vote under the Tories and Ted Heath. I voted to stay then as well. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

Continued membership. I was there I voted. We joined without a vote under the Tories and Ted Heath. I voted to stay then as well. 

Fair enough.

20 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm not saying you're not but lets look at it this way - again slightly less micro...

I'm volunteering my time to help build a new play park for the children in my area.

Fab stuff - it'd also be good to have enough money inthe local budgets to employ people to build these local ammeities

Today I've gone on a food run for two elderly people I know ... taking them to the butchers and small stores

Again, can't falult you - good community stuff, but also should there not be provision so people are relying on the kindness of others for their basic needs?

Last week I did a local beach clean

Tip top - volunteering is something more people should do, but also shouldn't our beaches be free from this anyway without good folk having to give up their time?

The point you are missing is all your activities are political, just as much as mine. Yes, they don't have a party attached but each small act of kindness helps build up communities to have a collective voice to say we shouldn't have to do this by ourselves - we want more support, more money for our local facilities, cleaner public places - that's a fair and reasonable ask from the people we put into positions of public service, who are paid to do what others are clearing up behind them for free.

They should be accountable for your efforts, don't crack on in silence - that way you won't get the support you, your community and so many others like you might need.

👍🏻

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, royal white said:

No you didn’t. 

“But we're both undeniably poorer as a result of Brexit”

Now quote the full post.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, royal white said:

Theres no need to.  How are you and 84 poorer? If you can’t answer just say. 

It would be an utter waste of time. Enjoy your wait.

15 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

👍🏻

I like disagreeing agreeably - each local community needs more people like you - I'd just like you to shout louder about the help that's required from this government, the next one, any which one of them. We build great things together, the state should be the safety net and the foundations upon which helps us build better together and therefore afford people in the weakest positions the most security, that way we'll all be better off.

• Moderators

im going to be patronising but its not really meant to be

i think wanderer84 sounds like the sort of bloke we could all do with being (i just couldnt be arsed, tbh)

just so long as he stays away from politics  :)

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Agree it is a bold statement 

But they certainly haven’t suffered a domino effect , like many predicted after Brexit. Seem pretty strong. I guess they saw the reality of leaving. 

People predicted all sorts of things during the debate. Economically, there is little difference between ourselves and the EU. Going forward, I’m personally more optimistic about our economy than the EU. That may change, we have an election looming. 
Here is a chart showing the confidence of the PMI. I used to be a PM, that’s why I look at stuff like this. 

IMG_1025.png

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

People predicted all sorts of things during the debate. Economically, there is little difference between ourselves and the EU. Going forward, I’m personally more optimistic about our economy than the EU. That may change, we have an election looming. 
Here is a chart showing the confidence of the PMI. I used to be a PM, that’s why I look at stuff like this. 

IMG_1025.png

Who is the source of this graph?

Never mind. It's 'Julian Jessop' on twitter.

Edited by Cheese
Never mind. It's Julian Jessop on twitter.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Who is the source of this graph?

Never mind. It's 'Julian Jessop' on twitter.

It actually says. S&P Global. 
Is it wrong?

Better than Wiki. Although wiki is usually right. Unlike you. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

It actually says. S&P Global. 
Is it wrong?

Better than Wiki. Although wiki is usually right. Unlike you. 

And who are S & P Global?

1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

IMG_1025.png

👍