Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

Flag shaggers are patriots.

The UK is perfect. A sunlit upland with a leadership that can do no wrong.

To question any aspect of British culture or history in a negative way is heresy and unpatriotic.

Thou fucking Art, my friend.

Edited by Spider

5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

The urban dictionary predates that tweet.

I reckon it goes back to when Trump humped the flag that time. The weird fucker.

The Urban dictionary explanation by Terry Fuckwit? 😊

Its now become common parlance because of someone called Fuckwit.?

Makes sense. 😅

Doesn’t matter if you’re left or right, a flag shagger or a flag hater, there’s plenty who say it on both sides. It’s quite simple, if you think the country is shit then go, you’re not here for a long time so make the best of it. 

Edited by royal white

• Site Supporter

It’s the greatest fucking nation on earth

Always has been, always will be.

Why? Because we rarely suffer fools.

Were just having a bad patch. But we’ll work it out, we always do. 🇬🇧

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

It’s the greatest fucking nation on earth

Always has been, always will be.

Why? Because we rarely suffer fools.

Were just having a bad patch. But we’ll work it out, we always do. 🇬🇧

@Cheese was asking what’s so good about it, maybe you could tell him as I doubt he would believe me 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, royal white said:

@Cheese was asking what’s so good about it, maybe you could tell him as I doubt he would believe me 

Cheese has an issue with the current cabinet.

He has a point. They’re fucking awful.

Unfortunately, they get to make decisions now that have repercussions for years to come.

I still hold on to the hope that Britons  will eventually realise they’re being mugged off. Historically, we always have. But these are strange times….

Edited by Spider

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Cheese has an issue with the current cabinet.

He has a point. They’re fucking awful.

Unfortunately, they get to make decisions now that have repercussions for years to come.

I still hold on to the hope that Britons  will eventually realise they’re being mugged off. Historically, we always have. But these are strange times….

His question was what’s so great about this country. I pointed out that if you look past politics there’s a lot great about this country. Can you help him out.

1 hour ago, royal white said:

Doesn’t matter if you’re left or right, a flag shagger or a flag hater, there’s plenty who say it on both sides. It’s quite simple, if you think the country is shit then go, you’re not here for a long time so make the best of it. 

End of discussion 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

1 hour ago, royal white said:

For balance, should Emmeline Pankhurst have thought “fuck it, I’m off” and moved elsewhere because women couldn’t vote in the UK? I’m pretty sure most would agree it’s a good job Martin Luther King Jr didn’t think “the US is a bit shit, I’m getting out of here”.

I appreciate the point you’re making, but at the same time, sometimes challenging the status quo can lead to a positive change. 

14 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

For balance, should Emmeline Pankhurst have thought “fuck it, I’m off” and moved elsewhere because women couldn’t vote in the UK? I’m pretty sure most would agree it’s a good job Martin Luther King Jr didn’t think “the US is a bit shit, I’m getting out of here”.

I appreciate the point you’re making, but at the same time, sometimes challenging the status quo can lead to a positive change. 

Positive change always welcome in all walks of life. Moaning like fuck and squealing like a pig day in day out because things didn’t go your way is just tiresome. 

but I agree with your post in the main albeit you are using extremes to make said point. I don’t however have fromage or Fartelli down as future historical figures that  generations down the track will look back on with pride. More with disdain at that part of society and that it ever existed I suspect. 

On 16/04/2022 at 22:39, BobyBrno said:

Yep. Nice facilities and a good team. Enjoy your day. 

Nice set up, they're a decent team although we didn't have a full team out. Only had 10 players so borrowed one of theirs's.

Saw Freddie Flintoff, his 14 year old son was playing for St Anne's. We got beat too.

9 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Positive change always welcome in all walks of life. Moaning like fuck and squealing like a pig day in day out because things didn’t go your way is just tiresome. 

but I agree with your post in the main albeit you are using extremes to make said point. I don’t however have fromage or Fartelli down as future historical figures that  generations down the track will look back on with pride. More with disdain at that part of society and that it ever existed I suspect. 

Doesn't have to be future leaders. There are examples everywhere of ordinary people making positive change throughout the country who do complain that actually they shouldn't have to be doing this.

From those running foodbank distribution to those organisations hustings for the local elections to question our current encumbants.

I just don't understand this, if you don't like it fuck off attitude that seems to have taken root. One of the great things about this country is that we can disagree, and not one doctrine (because that's what this is) dominates. 

I say its a poor measure of a man who tells another to do one to another country if they don't like the status quo (RIP Rick Parfitt) or simply disagree. It also makes it seem that our once robust ability for passionate political discourse seem rather fragile. But I guess that's where we are.

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Doesn't have to be future leaders. There are examples everywhere of ordinary people making positive change throughout the country who do complain that actually they shouldn't have to be doing this.

From those running foodbank distribution to those organisations hustings for the local elections to question our current encumbants.

I just don't understand this, if you don't like it fuck off attitude that seems to have taken root. One of the great things about this country is that we can disagree, and not one doctrine (because that's what this is) dominates. 

I say its a poor measure of a man who tells another to do one to another country if they don't like the status quo (RIP Rick Parfitt) or simply disagree. It also makes it seem that our once robust ability for passionate political discourse seem rather fragile. But I guess that's where we are.

I complain about the current leadership a lot, because they get things wrong. A lot.

They also break the law.

I complain about burglars and other criminals but not on here because this is a thread specifically about politics. So when the politicians keep fucking up, it’s the place to have a vent.

Labour are shit too. For the record.

However, labour are not responsible for anything the current Tory leadership get wrong, so it would be churlish to try and make it seem like they are.

I live in Horwich, the best of Britain.

Presumably if the Tories don’t win the next election, the “get out then” brigade will be packing their bags?

Edited by Spider

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

I complain about the current leadership a lot, because they get things wrong. A lot.

They also break the law.

I complain about burglars and other criminals but not on here because this is a thread specifically about politics. So when the politicians keep fucking up, it’s the place to have a vent.

Labour are shit too. For the record.

However, labour are not responsible for anything the current Tory leadership get wrong, so it would be churlish to try and make it seem like they are.

I live in Horwich, the best of Britain.

Presumably if the Tories don’t win the next election, the “get out then” brigade will be packing their bags?

Absolutely not, as I’ve said if you look past politics this country is great. There’s a lot wrong with the country but not enough for me and many others to constantly whinge about how bad it is. If it did get to the stage where I would be making constant posts about how shit it is I would be looking at moving. I don’t think it will ever get to that, regardless of who’s in power. 

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Firstly where have I told anyone to fuck off if they don’t like it? 

I had a very polite discussion with mick on the topic to understand his way of thinking. 

using you as an example. And I can’t believe I am going to say this. You disagree with the way the country is being run. You come on without screeching, posting tripe from some contrived Twitter account of some left wing loon and you actually put forward sensible suggestions of change, change that you see as positive. no issue with any of that it’s good to hear an opposite view. Same as Kent. He comes across better than most on here in that respect. 

I’ve an issue with folk who continually moan about something, offer no solution to the thing they’re unhappy about, do nothing whatsoever about it and then moan some more. I was brought up with the belief that if you didn’t like something do something about it. I didn’t like where I was living 16 years ago and where my life was going. So I did something about it. 

I wholeheartedly agree one of the things that is great about our culture is we can disagree and we can still in the main get along and get on with it. It’s what we do. There are many examples on here of people like that. 

it’s the pissypants whingebags I can’t stand. That’s not a recent change in me I’ve always been that way. Nowt worse than a perpetual moaning cunt.  If that lowers the view of the man that I am in your eyes , so be it and as you would imagine I don’t care.