Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

51 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Although it was funny when she took the piss out of Braverman at the dispatch box yesterday.

And I agree with her, does Braverman really think she can be PM? Fucking hell.

Maybe, but it's corrosive in the long-term.

I've no problem with her thinking or claiming it's ridiculous for Braverman to run for the leadership but calling her a "deluded fantasist" seems a bit low to me.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I've only been in a handful of times bit I'm sure the No Name was voted best pub in Bolton the other year.

I'm not quite sure why really.

Computer voting and Internet hadn't reached other parts of Bolton yet I'd imagine. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

But are you bright enough to realise that the actual cunts are pulling the strings?

He's just a doddering figurehead and we all know it.

Aye, I've said it before on that thread a about trump 

Most of the discussion wasn't political, it was about him as a person 

Though his personality often crossed over into the politics, eg Paris agreement, arse licking putin etc 

Cunt

18 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Maybe, but it's corrosive in the long-term.

I've no problem with her thinking or claiming it's ridiculous for Braverman to run for the leadership but calling her a "deluded fantasist" seems a bit low to me.

Nah -= bollocks, she is a proper loonbag and shouldn't be anywhere near running - this is a woman who tried to cover up for Johnson and is just above Dorries levels of incompetance.

The idea she even thinks she has what it takes to be Prime Minister just shows the arrogance of her.

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Nah -= bollocks, she is a proper loonbag and shouldn't be anywhere near running - this is a woman who tried to cover up for Johnson and is just above Dorries levels of incompetance.

The idea she even thinks she has what it takes to be Prime Minister just shows the arrogance of her.

Right, but I'm not sure why it's necessary for a fellow MP to resort to personal abuse. It seems a bit cheap and unprofessional to me.

But nevermind, my point wasn't simply about Thornberry, just a more general one.

Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Right, but I'm not sure why it's necessary for a fellow MP to resort to personal abuse. It seems a bit cheap and unprofessional to me.

But nevermind, my point wasn't simply about Thornberry, just a more general one.

Thats my point - its not personal, what she is highlighting is how shameless this party has become when someone like Braverman feels she can steer this country. Its the arrogance that runs deep, and yes it should be called out.

Not that she'll get anywhere fucking near being PM - but it might be funny to watch all that hubris deflate in front of everyone.

3 hours ago, Ani said:

He is a Bumblecunt of the highest order. But rather than dismissing any of his supporters as thick I think it is more constructive to pull down some of the myths.

Brexit is not done. He presented an oven ready deal that we now want to break 
He made a great call on vaccines but he also was in the top seat as we sent people back into care homes with Covid, had nurses making their own PPE, awarded contracts and jobs to mates and had a furlough scheme with no controls and checks that costs us millions in fraud. 
He has lied to cover us his actions, he has deflected onto Starmer, ignored ministerial code and his own ethics adviser. Taking dodgy payments from left right and centre. 

Instead the narrative is he got Brexit done  , got us through Covid etc, is single handily supporting Ukraine etc. 

He is so conditioned to lie it is hard to sort the facts from the fiction. 

So What You Trying To Say  Here 

He Lied A Little Bit 

Just now, little whitt said:

So What You Trying To Say  Here 

He Lied A Little Bit 

He prevented people from going to the funerals of loved ones whilst he partied like it was 1999.

He then lied and lied and lied about it and treated us ALL with contempt.

The man is an utter cunt.

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Thats my point - its not personal, what she is highlighting is how shameless this party has become when someone like Braverman feels she can steer this country. Its the arrogance that runs deep, and yes it should be called out.

Not that she'll get anywhere fucking near being PM - but it might be funny to watch all that hubris deflate in front of everyone.

Witty takedowns are fine, no problem there, but the "deluded fantasist" comment just seemed to stray over a line.

It all feels very petty. There are too many MPs carrying on as if they're posting on here.

• Site Supporter

Whilst it’s a bit of a pisstake price-wise I don’t think decorating the PM residence is a massive issue. Again, it’s not breaking any laws or conventions, he’s just got expensive taste.

There have to be some perks to having the top job. Letting our leader relax in decent surroundings is fair enough. I can’t imagine chequers is cheap to run but no one seems to have an issue with that.

If he wasn’t such a revolting person on a human level, many of his little piss takes would be overlooked. But to lie and lie and lie and lie is just daft.

Hes a cunt. I suppose that’s all you can say.

• Members
1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Spot on.

And once again, nobody has ever said that everyone who voted to leave was a thick, old racist. However, all thick, old racists did vote to leave. 

Note sure why this gets so many pairs of knickers twisted.

Because of the fucking arrogance. Not In Crawleyesque condescension of the highest order.

I could counter that many Remoaners (yes, used it on purpose because it might equalise on the twisted knickers front) were so unintelligent that they were happy to be led by the nose, up the garden path, by self serving, self interested, faceless bureaucrats living champagne lifestyles in Brussels at their expense. Like most union members, too 'thick' to see it.

But I won't.

1 minute ago, bolty58 said:

Because of the fucking arrogance. Not In Crawleyesque condescension of the highest order.

I could counter that many Remoaners (yes, used it on purpose because it might equalise on the twisted knickers front) were so unintelligent that they were happy to be led by the nose, up the garden path, by self serving, self interested, faceless bureaucrats living champagne lifestyles in Brussels at their expense. Like most union members, too 'thick' to see it.

But I won't.

Although we were much better off as a country, had frictionless trade with our biggest trading partners, GFA being honoured and more uniform wealth distribution across all parts of the UK. So perhaps not that thick really😀

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Spot on.

And once again, nobody has ever said that everyone who voted to leave was a thick, old racist. However, all thick, old racists did vote to leave. 

Note sure why this gets so many pairs of knickers twisted.

Pretty sure Diane Abbott voted  remain. 

24 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Witty takedowns are fine, no problem there, but the "deluded fantasist" comment just seemed to stray over a line.

It all feels very petty. There are too many MPs carrying on as if they're posting on here.

I think you are missing my point, the issue is that someone, clearly not up to the job, thinks they should. That is a deluded fantasist and we have too many in the Conservatives. It's right that it's called out.

17 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

But I won't.

You've mixed up condescension with just being right.

It happens.

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I know it's still sore for you. It's what happens when you support something with yer 'feels'

She makes some very decent points.

I am traditionally a labour voter, if that's the second best Labour have then god help them.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I think you are missing my point, the issue is that someone, clearly not up to the job, thinks they should. That is a deluded fantasist and we have too many in the Conservatives. It's right that it's called out.

Nah, it should be easier to call it out than resorting to a petty jibe. It's piss poor, and it's mostly because they've clashed personally before.

But anyway, I was making a broader point.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Little Britain🤣That’s the deputy head of the Labour Party! 

That was a pretty decent interview really. She actually answered questions without the bluster and bullshit we've become accustomed to over the last few years.