Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

So, consistent, but not massive growth.

Could be better, could be worse.

Wouldn't envisage big growth anytime soon neither.

Consistent?

No.

• Site Supporter

I know Brexit is often talked about as being the elephant in the room but for me extended austerity is the big fucking mammoth. 

Now we have both legacies still biting in addition to what everyone else is also dealing with regarding covid and Russia. 

3 hours ago, Spider said:

They could use 0

Then say 21%

Odd that they didn’t, wouldn’t you say?

Begin with an index or measure at 100 and express future years as the growth (+/-) is applied.

Thus growths of 5% followed by 10% give indices of 105 and 115.5 respectively.

If the same growths appeared in reverse order the indices after 100 would be 110 and 115.5 respectively.

If you begin with zero all future figures will be zero, so it was not your best ever suggestion.

1 hour ago, MalcolmW said:

Begin with an index or measure at 100 and express future years as the growth (+/-) is applied.

If the same growths appeared in reverse order the indices after 100 would be 110 and 115.5 respectively.

If you begin with zero all future figures will be zero, so it was not your best ever suggestion.

Where does the 0.5% come from? 

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

Cheers Malc. Makes sense now.

I put each year in my response to flesh it out, mainly because that graph seems a little too specific.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

They don't give a single fuck about Parliamentary process. They think once they're elected, they can do whatever they want.

Aye. That is why I hope Joris Bohnson gets the book thrown at him for continually misleading the house.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Aye. That is why I hope Joris Bohnson gets the book thrown at him for continually misleading the house.

Can't ever read that without posting this.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Spider said:

image.thumb.jpeg.db7916ad07f7d3befaa7af86ce3045be.jpeg

What do you reckon- take interest rate control back into government control, or leave with the Bank of England?

Be interesting to put en equivalent one (for the same period) for interest rates.

Certain economists have been explaining that this would happen for some considerable time, owing to too much quantitative easing, and slow response with interest rates too a rise in inflation.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What do you reckon- take interest rate control back into government control, or leave with the Bank of England?

Be interesting to put en equivalent one (for the same period) for interest rates.

Certain economists have been explaining that this would happen for some considerable time, owing to too much quantitative easing, and slow response with interest rates too a rise in inflation.

Why’ve you not asked Diver about his graphs?

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I’ve been sharpening my crayons. Interest rates since 2007. No comparisons with other countries. Seems we had it good for most of the 13 years.👍

5849A155-9C51-4972-8448-A32988CC0A0F.jpeg